Kristeen Young

modrevolve

Standard Model
What do you think would happen if Kristeen Young had to drop off the tour because of vocal problems?? As I watched her on Tuesday the thought occured to me that she really is putting a lot of pressure on her vocal cords night after night..

I ask this question because on Brooklynvegan's blog, he has commented that she is dropping off the tour because her vocals are shot..the guy is not one to start rumors and usually has decent sources..

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2007/10/more_morrissey.html

Moz never plays more then 22/23 songs so an elongated set is out of the question..

she's got "vocal problems" alright. Have you HEARD that voice? Yikes.

I'd think local openers. I saw him with local openers on the Oye Esteban tour.

Her voice sounds fine to me. . .I mean, who knows, she may have nodes or something else brewing, but I thought she was in fine voice the past two nights.

--jeniphir

Kristeen will be touring with Ted Leo and the Pharmacists in the winter (December) according to their website. Thus, if Moz continues, she may not tour with him by default, but I don't think vocal problems will be involved.

PS: O Conspiracy - this was announced before the oral sex joke, and besides I really think Morrissey is not that easily offended.

Last edited:
oh ted.... stiill keeping that indie rock tradition alive.
his friends have all grown up...

you've got to be kidding me - I am seeing Ted Leo on 12/1 in Boston. I've gotta sit through KY for an ELEVENTH time this year???

Man alive.

David is about to post an article under the category RUMOUR asking if anyone can confirm that KY is off the tour b/c of the oral sex joke.

I don't think it was the oral sex comment that is responsible for her leaving. Maybe she's just tired of having to face an indifferent at best crowd night after night.

what is the oral sex joke? is there a link?

I'd link you to the frontpage, but man, that's a minefield...

Essentially, Kristeen made a joke the other night at the Hammerstein Ballroom to the effect that "Morrissey gives great head...I mean, cunnilingus."

There have been various suggestions that Morrissey must have found this highly offensive. Myself, I think if the Kristeen who wrote a song about abortion which parodies the structure of "Little Jack Horner" and refers to a penis as a "life-stealing baby gun" is okay by Moz, the Kristeen who said that is probably okay, too. Good taste is not a primary part of her schtick (nor, really, a part of his, though he isn't as into it as she is).

Last edited:
David is about to post an article under the category RUMOUR asking if anyone can confirm that KY is off the tour b/c of the oral sex joke.

I don't think it was the oral sex comment that is responsible for her leaving. Maybe she's just tired of having to face an indifferent at best crowd night after night.

Since when is she leaving? Can anyone even source the idea that she's leaving, other than the Ted Leo thing, which will be happening after Morrissey's current tour ends?

What about sourcing the statement (to get a bit Stalinist now, but I have to say it) that the crowd is indifferent? The regulars are often indifferent (or hostile). The remainder of the theater has applauded, with various levels of enthusiasm, all the times I've seen her (West Coast).

Oh, the pace of the information age!

Last edited:
what is the oral sex joke? is there a link?

oops sorry, sorry, sorry!...this was really announced before her last performance?

Someone posted Anon (of course) on the main page that they heard from historically reliable sources that Moz and Kristeen are hookin' up and Moz pursued her. Fine, maybe she didn't get booted for the oral sex comment. Maybe Tony Visconti just got mad that she's on tour with a homewrecker and yanked her off the tour so he can keep an eye on her. :rolleyes:

Sounds like it should be posted under the heading Speculation.

I ams curious though. I think that many people like her because she has Morrissey's endorsement, so if it is thought that she has been bannished what then?

Since when is she leaving? QUOTE]

I posted a link by a blogger at the top of this thread who commented about her possible vocal problems and having to leave the tour..

two things I noticed about kristeen's performance..she never announces her last song because of possible sarcastic cheers and Moz has never (that I know of anyway) had her come out to sing on "that's how people grow up" because of possible jeers.

Sounds like it should be posted under the heading Speculation.

I ams curious though. I think that many people like her because she has Morrissey's endorsement, so if it is thought that she has been bannished what then?

I'd still like her. Goodness knows Morrissey has banished musicians I like before.

I've read the mainpage post now. I have to admit, considering what I said above about "Incubator" and such, that I'd think less of Moz for kicking her off for that. You've got a known quantity, a mouthy opening act, so what do you expect?

We'll see. (I'm anon-posting a bit of what I just said, just to get it up there official-like.)

Last edited:
Tags
kristeen young
Back
Top Bottom