Kristeen Young's new song "Nice" about Morrissey?

• Thread starter Ambrosine Phillpotts
  • Start date
A

Ambrosine Phillpotts

Read the lyrics for yourself courtesy of: http://www.laweekly.com/content/printView/7852374

I'm really surprised no one has mentioned this, maybe they have? I do have to say that, of course, my loyalty lies with Morrissey even though I still do like Kristeen Young.
These lyrics are very interesting. Sometimes Moz can be very Andy Warholly, whom I do not like when it comes to the way he treated and used and ultimately threw away people nor do I think Andy's art is that good (although I don't think Morrissey is quite as bad as Andy when it comes to people, who knows, I could be wrong, I don't know Morrissey personally and I'm not in the room.).
My interactions with Morrissey, he comes off as extremely NICE. But if his song, "I Am Two People" is anything to go by, and from what people have said that get close to him....I don't know, I just don't know. Doesn't matter to me though, I will always love Morrissey even if he murdered my cat.
One thing is for sure, Kristeen seems pissed (or maybe she always is?) and her chirping parrot Visconti talked about "on to better things!" and "good riddance" when Kristeen and Moz split. Umm, not quite.
She is brilliant and sexy and I cannot stop liking her for some reason. "Fantastic Failure" is a great song and video. "Pearl of a Girl" too and "Nice" is breathtaking, at least, for me. Had she risen in the 80s or even the 90s, she'd be Kate Bush or Alanis Morrissette perhaps, but alas, it's 2017 and those days are long gone, music business-ey speaking. If Morrissey can't get a decent record deal, there's no hope for anyone. The industry is dead.

"NICE"

My hero. He’s on the go. He’s got to make sure all you all do know that he’s so nice.
No no-shows. It’s not the dough. They’ll have to scrape his grip off his stage throne cuz he’s so nice.

I know who you are. I know what you do.
Who’re you really?

That comic couldn’t have done it. I think like two of his jokes are feminist and he’s so nice.
But, it’s all true. I know those who were attacked in his dressing room and they’d be ruined if they shed light.

Who’re you really?

Witches, mystics, Disney princes, God, Lord, rock stars … got to be more than just being.
Smoke it, choke it. Don’t let you know it. Swallow, follow, numbed and hollow … but, the dream
Don’t you want to shoot this drug: Nice?
Don’t you want to always be 5?

A palm-out is all she’s ’bout. She sees the future and it’s you funding her house but she asks nice.
Says “art.” “art.” “art.” Goes on and on. The only kind of artist she is is con but you felt nice (the first two times).

Who’re you really?

Witches, mystics, Disney princes, saviors, screen stars … got to be more must believe.
Smoke it, choke it. Don’t let you know it. Block-out, knock-out, lock-out, hear only good things.

Frankly,
The Ghost of Ambrosine Phillpotts

Read the lyrics for yourself courtesy of: http://www.laweekly.com/content/printView/7852374

I'm really surprised no one has mentioned this, maybe they have? I do have to say that, of course, my loyalty lies with Morrissey even though I still do like Kristeen Young.
These lyrics are very interesting. Sometimes Moz can be very Andy Warholly, whom I do not like when it comes to the way he treated and used and ultimately threw away people nor do I think Andy's art is that good (although I don't think Morrissey is quite as bad as Andy when it comes to people, who knows, I could be wrong, I don't know Morrissey personally and I'm not in the room.).
My interactions with Morrissey, he comes off as extremely NICE. But if his song, "I Am Two People" is anything to go by, and from what people have said that get close to him....I don't know, I just don't know. Doesn't matter to me though, I will always love Morrissey even if he murdered my cat.
One thing is for sure, Kristeen seems pissed (or maybe she always is?) and her chirping parrot Visconti talked about "on to better things!" and "good riddance" when Kristeen and Moz split. Umm, not quite.
She is brilliant and sexy and I cannot stop liking her for some reason. "Fantastic Failure" is a great song and video. "Pearl of a Girl" too and "Nice" is breathtaking, at least, for me. Had she risen in the 80s or even the 90s, she'd be Kate Bush or Alanis Morrissette perhaps, but alas, it's 2017 and those days are long gone, music business-ey speaking. If Morrissey can't get a decent record deal, there's no hope for anyone. The industry is dead.

"NICE"

My hero. He’s on the go. He’s got to make sure all you all do know that he’s so nice.
No no-shows. It’s not the dough. They’ll have to scrape his grip off his stage throne cuz he’s so nice.

Who’re you really?

That comic couldn’t have done it. I think like two of his jokes are feminist and he’s so nice.
But, it’s all true. I know those who were attacked in his dressing room and they’d be ruined if they shed light.

Who’re you really?

Witches, mystics, Disney princes, God, Lord, rock stars … got to be more than just being.
Smoke it, choke it. Don’t let you know it. Swallow, follow, numbed and hollow … but, the dream

A palm-out is all she’s ’bout. She sees the future and it’s you funding her house but she asks nice.
Says “art.” “art.” “art.” Goes on and on. The only kind of artist she is is con but you felt nice (the first two times).

Who’re you really?

Witches, mystics, Disney princes, saviors, screen stars … got to be more must believe.
Smoke it, choke it. Don’t let you know it. Block-out, knock-out, lock-out, hear only good things.

Frankly,

Interesting. I think he's in there with "No no-shows. It’s not the dough. They’ll have to scrape his grip off his stage throne cuz he’s so nice." Maybe it's about three different people and he's one of them. This is the first song of hers I have ever liked. She ought to have hired that bass player ten years ago.

did you say Morrissey murdered your cat,the bastard.who can I call to complain.

did you say Morrissey murdered your cat,the bastard.who can I call to complain.

Haha, IF he did... He didn't/wouldn't

I love me some Morrissey.

Although my guess would be that you (and anyone) can send your complaints to:
The Morrissey Complaint Department
Joyce Michael Lane, Manchester M666 9PL, UK

Discussion on an earlier thread has pointed to the song being about Morrissey, Louis CK, and Amanda Palmer.

Discussion on an earlier thread has pointed to the song being about Morrissey, Louis CK, and Amanda Palmer.

cute-thank-you-gifs-987.gif

Jesus H comparing her to Kate Bush. She has long dark hair and a powerful voice and....
She is not the worst performer I've ever heard but she is no Kate Bush. I think she's more like:

Don't know why exactly, but I think she's great.
Brilliant song, great lyrics, impressive.
I know she's not everybody's taste, and many Moz-fans dislike her but I don't agree.
The comparison with Kate Bush is nonsensical.
Kate Bush has a great singing voice and touches on a very different level.
Kristeen Young may not have that same great singing voice but it is still a good singing voice and she makes up with that powerful, and very strong impersonation.
I always appreciated her contributions to some of the Moz-songs.
It must have been very, very difficult to be the preshow of Moz.

Good lord this is terrible. Contrived, fashionable shyte. You can tell its perfunctory music, not an ounce of inspiration.

If she's writing nasty songs about Moz, considering the sheer crap she lied about when she was kicked off the tour... Shows just what level of human being she is (I'm not defending Morrissey here, I'm just kicking KY)

The sad thing is she's played this site well, as the stupid video has surfaced here. She looks terrible, although looks aren't everything, she could at least do something to distract from the sound of a cat being murdered.

No wonder it took the old woman six years to get a three year music degree. Back when music was good too!

Pre emptive reply to any KY fans : you're on the wrong site and I am not going to deign to reply to anyone who doesn't even know where they are.

What rubbish lyrics. She's just putting her forum posts as MIDNITE to music.

Musically, no real structure, just... Effects for the sake of it, plonking away, no art, no inspiration. Got bills to pay, love?

If she's a comedy act I take it all back! I did chuckle.

"NICE"

Who’re you really?

Who’re you really?

Who’re you really?

Frankly,

"Smoke it, choke it. Don’t let you know it. Block-out, knock-out, lock-out, hear only good things.
Don’t you want to shoot this drug: Nice?"

Sounds more about spice.

Well, I like it.
Good song.
Good band and she is an impressive stage performer.
She is attractive too. Strong girl.
Don't care if it is about Moz or Bowie or whatever.
Don't care whatever happened between them.
All secondary to the music. :D

Well, I like it.
Good song.
Good band and she is an impressive stage performer.
She is attractive too. Strong girl.
Don't care if it is about Moz or Bowie or whatever.
Don't care whatever happened between them.
All secondary to the music. :D

What does it matter how she looks when you're playing a song of hers through headphones?

I was amused to find most of her videos have under ten thousand YouTube views and she releases all her music herself. Her Wikipedia pages are riddled with lies, eg it said Knife Shift was critically acclaimed but the evidence for that is an article about her opening for Morrissey!! She seems to have a good handle on her own PR.

I'm not taking anything away from the girl but she's not in the Moz camp and shouldn't be featured on this site. She's even less important to the Moz narrative than, for Christ's sake, Mike Joyce.

If you like her, perhaps go on a KY fansite if there is such a thing.

What does it matter how she looks when you're playing a song of hers through headphones?

I was amused to find most of her videos have under ten thousand YouTube views and she releases all her music herself. Her Wikipedia pages are riddled with lies, eg it said Knife Shift was critically acclaimed but the evidence for that is an article about her opening for Morrissey!! She seems to have a good handle on her own PR.

I'm not taking anything away from the girl but she's not in the Moz camp and shouldn't be featured on this site. She's even less important to the Moz narrative than, for Christ's sake, Mike Joyce.

If you like her, perhaps go on a KY fansite if there is such a thing.

I understand you don't like her and your arguments for that, apart from the music itself.

I was just replying to a thread here on Morrissey-solo.

I agree it doesn't matter how she looks, listening to her on headphones.

There is enough video footage available on YouTube so you get that too.

I can't exactly explain why I like her music.

It is all about musical taste and in a way, just as with Moz, this is primary for me.

Moz has said a lot of things I disagree with but that doesn't put me of from his music.

It's a bit like appreciating great paintings from Goya or Caravaggio and finding out later Goya was a despicable man and Carravagio a killer, a murderer.

Does that change my appreciation for the paintings?
No, cause those paintings have not changed.
I can understand for other people it does and I am not criticising anyone for that.
Cheers!

You gotta give this girl credit. She really is an original (with influences of course). Had she started in late 70s/early 80s she would probably be famous today. I have no idea nor do I care if the lyrics are about Moz. It's an impressive performance and arrangement.

credit? sure. It's just too bad someone didn't tell her earlier that one needs more than just ambition to make it.

and yes there's lots to be said about being in the right place in the right time, the lucky few.

original is this ..... PLAY LOUD. oh and it's called 'Night Shift' not the 'Knife Shift' ;)

'f*** the mothers kill the others
f*** the others kill the mothers
I'll put it out of my mind because... I'm out of my mind with you
In heaven and hell with you...'

She's a poor man's Siouxsie/Kate Bush.

She's a poor man's Siouxsie/Kate Bush.

originality ? genius?

look no further ......

I see the people working
And see it working for them
And so I want to join in
But then I find it hurts me

Some say that knowledge is something sat in your lap
Some say that knowledge is something that you never have

I see the people happy
So can it happen for me?
'Cause when I am unhappy
There's nothing that can move me

Some say that knowledge is something that you never have
Some say that heaven is hell
Some say that hell is heaven

I must admit, just when I think I'm king
(I just begin)
Just when I think I'm king, I must admit
(I just begin)
Just when I think I'm king
(I just begin)

I've been doing it for years
My goal is moving near
It says, look, I'm over here
Then it up and disappears

Some say that knowledge is ho-ho-ho-ho

I want to be a lawyer
I want to be a scholar
But I really can't be bothered
Ooh, just gimme it quick, gimme it, gimme gimme gimme gimme!

Some say that knowledge is ho-ho-ho
Some say that knowledge is ho-ho-ho
Some say that heaven is hell
Some say that hell is heaven

I must admit, just when I think I'm king
(I just begin)
Just when I think I'm king, I must admit
(I just begin)
Just when I think everything's going great
(I just begin)
I get the break
Hey, I'm gonna take it all
(I just begin)
When I'm king
(Just begin)

In my dome of ivory
A home of activity
I want the answers quickly
But I don't have no energy

I hold a cup of wisdom
But there is nothing within
My cup, she never overfloweth
And 'tis I that moan and groaneth

Some grey and white matter
(Give me the karma, mama)
I'm coming up the ladder
I'm coming up the ladder
(A jet to Mecca)
Up the ladder
(Tibet or Jeddah)
(To Salisbury)
(A monastery)
(The longest journey)
(Across the desert)
(Across the weather)
(Across the elements)
(Across the water)

:rock:

credit? sure. It's just too bad someone didn't tell her earlier that one needs more than just ambition to make it.

and yes there's lots to be said about being in the right place in the right time, the lucky few.

original is this ..... PLAY LOUD. oh and it's called 'Night Shift' not the 'Knife Shift' ;)

While there are similarities between her and Siouxsie and Kate Kristeen isn't a "poor man's Siouxsie/Kate Bush" as that dimwitted slacker guy says

Back
Top Bottom