Kristeen Young's new song "Nice" about Morrissey?

• Thread starter Ambrosine Phillpotts
  • Start date
You can sing, you can dream to Siouxie's songs. What KY produces is just a slime.

While there are similarities between her and Siouxsie and Kate Kristeen isn't a "poor man's Siouxsie/Kate Bush" as that dimwitted slacker guy says

Don't know, you might want to ask him what he meant by his comment 'poor man's'. So this could be discussed more clearly.

While there are similarities between her and Siouxsie and Kate Kristeen isn't a "poor man's Siouxsie/Kate Bush" as that dimwitted slacker guy says

Although I completely agree with you about your positive appreciation of Kristeen Young and, I am in fact a poor man, financially speaking, that slacker guy is not dimwitted, in my opinion.
He is very open and very clear in his opinions about anything.
Mostly I disagree with him but he is not someone who waits to see what other people say and then says the same. I like him because of that.

There are similarities with Siouxsie and with Kate Bush.
I would not be surprised Kristeen Young is inspired by both of them.
But I find that what is different about her, musically and her expression, interesting and attractive.
Cheers Vegan! :thumb:

I'm pretty sure it's actually Dave Grohl she's dissing there, not Morrissey. Kristeen has worked with him too, and unlike Morrissey, Grohl does have a reputation as a never-let-you-down nice guy (why would anyone complain that people thought of Moz that way, LOL?) Grohl also broke his leg a while ago and had to play a bunch of shows sitting on this big throne thing with his leg up in a cast, so that would be the "stage throne."

The third verse is Amanda Palmer for sure. I thought the second one was Bill Cosby, but there are other comedians with similar issues.

I'm pretty sure it's actually Dave Grohl she's dissing there, not Morrissey. Kristeen has worked with him too, and unlike Morrissey, Grohl does have a reputation as a never-let-you-down nice guy (why would anyone complain that people thought of Moz that way, LOL?) Grohl also broke his leg a while ago and had to play a bunch of shows sitting on this big throne thing with his leg up in a cast, so that would be the "stage throne."

The third verse is Amanda Palmer for sure. I thought the second one was Bill Cosby, but there are other comedians with similar issues.

I think you're right! "My Hero"...

About your comment..."why would anyone complain that people thought of Moz that way?" My interactions with Moz have been that he's very kind, if you have different interactions, can you elaborate? Thanks.

I think you're right! "My Hero"...

About your comment..."why would anyone complain that people thought of Moz that way?" My interactions with Moz have been that he's very kind, if you have different interactions, can you elaborate? Thanks.

Hi Ed,

I mean that the song is about people who Kristeen thinks get away with bad behavior because they put on a big display of public niceness which she considers fake. That is pretty much the opposite of Morrissey--if I was going to make a short list of outspoken people who have no hesitation to voice unpopular opinions in public without caring whether it may make some people think badly of him, Morrissey would be on it!

I also don't think he gets away with anything the way Kristeen is grousing about. Even his own fans call him out about some of the things he says and does (sometimes strongly, to my occasional puzzlement.)

For the record, I've never heard anybody else say Dave Grohl does those things either, but it does sound like that's Kristeen's perception.

Read the lyrics for yourself courtesy of: http://www.laweekly.com/content/printView/7852374

I'm really surprised no one has mentioned this, maybe they have? I do have to say that, of course, my loyalty lies with Morrissey even though I still do like Kristeen Young.
These lyrics are very interesting. Sometimes Moz can be very Andy Warholly, whom I do not like when it comes to the way he treated and used and ultimately threw away people nor do I think Andy's art is that good (although I don't think Morrissey is quite as bad as Andy when it comes to people, who knows, I could be wrong, I don't know Morrissey personally and I'm not in the room.).
My interactions with Morrissey, he comes off as extremely NICE. But if his song, "I Am Two People" is anything to go by, and from what people have said that get close to him....I don't know, I just don't know. Doesn't matter to me though, I will always love Morrissey even if he murdered my cat.
One thing is for sure, Kristeen seems pissed (or maybe she always is?) and her chirping parrot Visconti talked about "on to better things!" and "good riddance" when Kristeen and Moz split. Umm, not quite.
She is brilliant and sexy and I cannot stop liking her for some reason. "Fantastic Failure" is a great song and video. "Pearl of a Girl" too and "Nice" is breathtaking, at least, for me. Had she risen in the 80s or even the 90s, she'd be Kate Bush or Alanis Morrissette perhaps, but alas, it's 2017 and those days are long gone, music business-ey speaking. If Morrissey can't get a decent record deal, there's no hope for anyone. The industry is dead.

"NICE"

My hero. He’s on the go. He’s got to make sure all you all do know that he’s so nice.
No no-shows. It’s not the dough. They’ll have to scrape his grip off his stage throne cuz he’s so nice.

I know who you are. I know what you do.
Who’re you really?

That comic couldn’t have done it. I think like two of his jokes are feminist and he’s so nice.
But, it’s all true. I know those who were attacked in his dressing room and they’d be ruined if they shed light.

Who’re you really?

Witches, mystics, Disney princes, God, Lord, rock stars … got to be more than just being.
Smoke it, choke it. Don’t let you know it. Swallow, follow, numbed and hollow … but, the dream
Don’t you want to shoot this drug: Nice?
Don’t you want to always be 5?

A palm-out is all she’s ’bout. She sees the future and it’s you funding her house but she asks nice.
Says “art.” “art.” “art.” Goes on and on. The only kind of artist she is is con but you felt nice (the first two times).

Who’re you really?

Witches, mystics, Disney princes, saviors, screen stars … got to be more must believe.
Smoke it, choke it. Don’t let you know it. Block-out, knock-out, lock-out, hear only good things.
Don’t you want to shoot this drug: Nice?
Don’t you want to always be 5?

Frankly,
The Ghost of Ambrosine Phillpotts

I forgot how bad her music is, thanks for reminding me. Caught a glimpse of her performance in 2006 and I'm still in counselling over it.

Actually you won't find one hateful comment from me about Kristeen in the archives, even during the falling out with Moz.

My post was literal: she has an interesting style, the new video is good, she's hot, but melodically the songs do not stick whatsoever. I'm convinced that's why she remains a footnote.

"Fantastic Failure" did have two singable words - the track title itself.

Typical Hater.

What are you talking about? If the music industry wasn't garbage, this would be a hit:

Actually you won't find one hateful comment from me about Kristeen in the archives, even during the falling out with Moz.

My post was literal: she has an interesting style, the new video is good, she's hot, but melodically the songs do not stick whatsoever. I'm convinced that's why she remains a footnote.

Are you Paul or just RuPaul these days?

I like the song "Nice".
Could have been a winner at the Eurovision Songfestival.
She is very different from all the other artists.
That sleepy festival needs a bit of kick ass music!

Are we so bored with the Bieber thing and the French election that we're talking about this shrieking slag again?

Reckon she looks like Bork. I reckon have to admit at least she is a true American and never gives up, and reckon she needs something to spend her trust fund on.

I stand molested. Personally, I'd like f*** her brains out.

Back
Top Bottom