Ladies, I need advice on how to be a lady

• Thread starter Deleted member 1074
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1074

Dear ladies, I’m new to this lady thing and I could use some lady advice on how to be more ladylike...

Hair and make up, I’m ok with. Getting better. One thing I don’t understand how to do is apply nail polish! I originally tried like a week ago or so and it was a disaster. I looked like I had been tortured by the CIA.

A3E9D00D-4F28-4ACE-8C80-3B737F85DFCA.jpeg

I’ve talked to a few people about this and they all said I used too much...but I barely had any on the brush! Any advice is welcome! Is there such a thing as pre-polished press ons? Are there like, polish pens I could use instead to draw it on instead of painting it on? Please help me!

Dear ladies, I’m new to this lady thing and I could use some lady advice on how to be more ladylike...

Hair and make up, I’m ok with. Getting better. One thing I don’t understand how to do is apply nail polish! I originally tried like a week ago or so and it was a disaster. I looked like I had been tortured by the CIA.

View attachment 50211

I’ve talked to a few people about this and they all said I used too much...but I barely had any on the brush! Any advice is welcome! Is there such a thing as pre-polished press ons? Are there like, polish pens I could use instead to draw it on instead of painting it on? Please help me!
You have to put the polish on fast, before it begins to dry.

View attachment 50211

For f***s sake! You certainly do! Yikes!!!

If it's within your budget, I recommend having them done by a professional. Can you wear polish everyday or do you need to have short, clean nails at times?

Can you help?
no! it's not rocket science, pal!

although I think it will be easier when your nails are longer, because right now you're probably worried about getting it on the tip of your thumb, so your applications wont be as smooth. your hands don't shake, do they?

OK, general thoughts.....

1) Quality is worth it. Don’t buy the cheapest shit out there. Pay a little more. Here at least Sally Hansen or OPI brand from the drug store not the cheap dollar a bottle shit.

2) use a base coat with a quick dry formula. I like one that functions as both base and top coat.

3 multiple thin coats not one thick one. Ignore bottles that tell you you only need one. YOU need to build up slowly as you’re learning. Let each one dry for 2-3 minutes in between.

4) top coat w/quick dry. Or buy quick dry in a dropper.

5) don’t use your hands for anything for like a half an hour while it cures. I mean it! Don’t touch anything.

Don’t go to sleep for at least a couple hours and don’t let any blanket/pillow touch your hands so it stays glossy while it cures.

Once you get that down, we can talk about tools - emery boards, orange wood sticks, etc. We can also talk about toenails, then.

Girl, you need help!!!!

Last edited:
also you're applying it from cuticle to tip right, in straight verticle lines? also you don't need to go right up against your cuticle, it's okay to leave a little space.

Hmm. Clear polish is probably the way to go while practicing and perfecting your technique Viv. You aren't too far off from having it down, though! :p

i want to know what kind of a girl you are. have you figured that out? you need to find out who your favourite designer is and that will tell you what kind of a girl you are. in case yall didn't catch on, im a marni girl through and through.if you want I can post samples of a wide variety of designers and then you can tell me which you like best, then ill tell you what kind of a girl you are.

It’s like a coloring book - stay in the lines of your nail. Wipe the brush on the bottle and start with only a little polish loaded. You can always add more coats. If you go outside the lines, have a qtip handy and dip it in your nail polish remover so it’s lightly moist. Carefully rub the color off your skin. Get new qtips as you need them. Do clean up after it sets.

Also, you may want bold, bright colors. But consider starting with something more nude or light pink or light grey which will be more forgiving while you’re learning.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom