Las Vegas, NV - The Colosseum at Caesars Palace (Sep. 5, 2021) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

How Soon Is Now? / Alma Matters / First Of The Gang To Die / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Knockabout World / Morning Starship / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / Never Had No One Ever / Half A Person / Love Is On Its Way Out / Satan Rejected My Soul / The Lazy Sunbathers / I've Changed My Plea To Guilty / Lady Willpower / Back On The Chain Gang / Irish Blood, English Heart // Jack The Ripper

Setlist courtesy of Cynthia Medellin's FB broadcast & FWD

• Photos posted by Famous when dead:

Last edited:
Has anyone at all acknowledged why there were no new songs played? I mean, could be a couple of reasons why but I’d like to know. The approach since 2002 has been to preview new material at shows prior to release, but now seems like a completely relevant time and place to do this …
I don't think it's that common anymore to play unreleased songs. When I saw him in November 2018, he didn't play anything from California Son. When I saw him in October 2019, he didn't play anything from IANADOAC... so actually not surprised that we didn't get any new songs. As far as the why... there have been some solid suggestions given.

I agree that there are various fears:

1) a new song is subjected to mockery here and the world-wide protests and riots to prevent 'Kid's A Looker' from being released return, but for another drecky song which the 'clueless consumers' openly educate, agitate and organise, threatening global thermonuclear war as happened before.

2) A deal has been inked but the label marketing department want to go for the 'opening weekend ' surprise stuff, hoping to flog enough to recoup costs before Cancel Culture goes berserk over possibly incendiary lyrics to the title track.

Given the horror unfolding in Kabul recently, now would have been a time to make a maximum impact by pointing out that Salman Abedi & his bro were refugee children and we may be lining up the next Manchester Arena atrocity exhibition by granting asylum to the wider family networks of those who assisted the USuk alliance in the failed attempts to neutralise the Taliban these past 20 years.

N.B I personally agree with the decision to grant generous asylum despite the risks.

I assume Team Morrissey will now say to the next label: "Lookit! We can sell merch to the core Stockholm Syndrome delusional 'fans' so if you give this BOT project a massive advertising spend we can rope the flyover states back in and build back better ending with The Morrissey Mid-West Sheds Tour'!"

Morrissey will play along until the first sales figures come in then he'll resort to petulant tantrums and trolling complex political issues if 'being nice' doesn't work.

The entire Guardian liberalista cadres will be poised to attack if the public show signs of forgiveness over past 'faux-pas'. The last album was excellent but the press were ready to demolish it but didn't have to bother because the pandemic did the job.

I'm pretty hard-core about Free Sprech. Morrissey pisses me off, not because he may have 'right-wing' views but because I don't think his interest in politics is sincere or motivated by anything beyond progressing his career via fake outrage and controversy. He tells his 'fans' to 'stop watching the news', maybe he should too.

BB
:rolleyes:

yeah Hugh you got it nailed down for sure:crazy:
guardian begs for quids the moment you click one
one of their moronic articles, they are the :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft:
of the media industry:lbf:

Never Again Will I Be A Twin got an outing in 2019/20 - which was just plain odd - why!?

Something being missed that appears obvious to consider:
Brendan, Alain, Solomon & Gustavo rehearsed very close to the time of the gigs.
They wouldn't probably have the time to learn new songs, especially when they were recorded by different musicians in the first place and only Tobias was present during the recording session.
Vegas was described as:

"The show will serve as an intimate, invigorating dive into his expansive career from his early days to the new album."
(New album meaning Dog at time of publishing).

I think the objective was to deliver that and anything else would be deemed unnecessary maybe?
Regards,
FWD

The feeling appears mutual:

Screenshot_20210906-231351~2.png

FWD.

And simultaneously Jesse Tobias dies a little more on the inside :ROFLMAO:

Why isn't it possible to admire both Alain and Jesse? Morrissey certainly does.

They are collegues playing in the same band, not rivals!

Please, stop sowing the seeds of hatred.

It's called a joke buddy. A. Joke.

The lowest phase of Moz has been with jesse, sad but true.
Has jesse written something like "your arsenal", "vauxhall and i", maladjusted, etc.?

I agree that there are various fears:

1) a new song is subjected to mockery here and the world-wide protests and riots to prevent 'Kid's A Looker' from being released return, but for another drecky song which the 'clueless consumers' openly educate, agitate and organise, threatening global thermonuclear war as happened before.

2) A deal has been inked but the label marketing department want to go for the 'opening weekend ' surprise stuff, hoping to flog enough to recoup costs before Cancel Culture goes berserk over possibly incendiary lyrics to the title track.

Given the horror unfolding in Kabul recently, now would have been a time to make a maximum impact by pointing out that Salman Abedi & his bro were refugee children and we may be lining up the next Manchester Arena atrocity exhibition by granting asylum to the wider family networks of those who assisted the USuk alliance in the failed attempts to neutralise the Taliban these past 20 years.

N.B I personally agree with the decision to grant generous asylum despite the risks.

I assume Team Morrissey will now say to the next label: "Lookit! We can sell merch to the core Stockholm Syndrome delusional 'fans' so if you give this BOT project a massive advertising spend we can rope the flyover states back in and build back better ending with The Morrissey Mid-West Sheds Tour'!"

Morrissey will play along until the first sales figures come in then he'll resort to petulant tantrums and trolling complex political issues if 'being nice' doesn't work.

The entire Guardian liberalista cadres will be poised to attack if the public show signs of forgiveness over past 'faux-pas'. The last album was excellent but the press were ready to demolish it but didn't have to bother because the pandemic did the job.

I'm pretty hard-core about Free Sprech. Morrissey pisses me off, not because he may have 'right-wing' views but because I don't think his interest in politics is sincere or motivated by anything beyond progressing his career via fake outrage and controversy. He tells his 'fans' to 'stop watching the news', maybe he should too.

BB

I don't understand why you think he says things to be controversial.

If you read his interviews there's 3 patterns that stand out - he will always follow the line of questioning; press anxiety about his 'sexual ambiguity' slides into a ridiculous obsession that he's ambiguous about race & he consistently links the news to his depression.

It is terrific to notice the band are able to wear their clothing of choice on stage and perform first of the gang correctly again. These changes are welcomed
Lettuce pray many good things are to come from this band in the future
Yes lettuce pray amen. The slogan shirts are fap and the day Boz went on stage in a dress was just too far for me. I'm glad I was never at one of those gigs.

Back
Top Bottom