"Last of the gang to die" performed by SATH

C

crystal

Am I the only one who thinks it's sort of strange that Sweet and Tender Hooligans did that song live last night? I mean Morrissey hasn't even pfficially released the song and it's already being covered? The Smiths has a huge catalog and Morrissey even larger.. I'd think they'd play some of those songs as opposed to one that is still being perfected. However, I was very impressed with their performance last night, they are very good.

I don't think it's strange at all. I think it's cool and very impressive that they've already mastered some of new songs. I'm not sure how many of the new songs they've covered so far, but I've heard them do at least two.

At one time or another, they've performed virtually every song Morrissey has ever written ("Sweet and Tender Hooligan" being a notable exception). Their setlist is ever-shifting. But still, you can't please all of the people all of the time. I thought last night's performance was fun and that they played a good mix of old and new stuff.

And this is dorky (and random), but I still get a little thrill out of shaking Jose's hand (as I did last night) at the shows.

> Am I the only one who thinks it's sort of strange that Sweet and Tender
> Hooligans did that song live last night? I mean Morrissey hasn't even
> pfficially released the song and it's already being covered? The Smiths
> has a huge catalog and Morrissey even larger.. I'd think they'd play some
> of those songs as opposed to one that is still being perfected. However, I
> was very impressed with their performance last night, they are very good.

I think it's great that they played that song .It's destined to become a Morrissey classic and is living proof that the laziest man in music can STILL scale the hights of genius when he puts his mind to it.

Glad you enjoyed the gig.

oops... yeah it is first.. I was still getting over new years when I typed that :p

Back
Top Bottom