Laura Begley performs "Ask" on The Voice UK; Boy George comments on Morrissey

Morrissey and The Smiths The Voice U.K

Tonight on The Voice U.K a contestant sang Ask,she chose to go on Boy Georges` team,lots of Moz and Smiths references from BG,approx time on was Feb 20th, BBC1 20.12p.m,The Voice U.K.So sorry folks I have no link for this,apologies.The contestant told the panel Ricky Wilson,Paloma Faith,Boy George and Wil.I.Am that she was a big Smiths fan,fantastic cover of the song,you would be proud Mozzer Love ya xxx

Re: Morrissey and The Smiths The Voice U.K

Great job.

nah...

Re: There's a wee Scottish lass on 'The Voice'

Made it 20 seconds.

This must surely be the first time a Smiths song has featured one of these prime time 'talent' shows? (I'm aware of Harry Hill on Stars in Your Eyes)

This would have been news years ago - I guess nowadays we are waiting for Samuel's next artistic abortion....

Doing a very creditable version of 'Ask'. And she got voted through by Boy George.

'I met Morrissey in '93 and he hated me' says George.

Also:

‘He HATED me’ Boy George reveals awkward Morrissey feud on The Voice UK - Sunday Express

THEY may be friends now, but Boy George revealed on The Voice UK tonight that he and Morrissey got off on quite the wrong foot.

An anonymous person also writes:

Tonight on The Voice U.K a contestant sang Ask,she chose to go on Boy Georges` team,lots of Moz and Smiths references from BG,approx time on was Feb 20th, BBC1 20.12p.m,The Voice U.K.So sorry folks I have no link for this,apologies.The contestant told the panel Ricky Wilson,Paloma Faith,Boy George and Wil.I.Am that she was a big Smiths fan,fantastic cover of the song,you would be proud Mozzer Love ya xxx

Link posted by Jennifer / Facebook:

Last edited by a moderator:

It's available to view on catch up tv app BBC i player (54mins), although the app may be restricted to uk audience only?

her voice sounds too impoverished, too "carrying on through hardship for love of my kinsmen" in the style of most irish/scottish singers of the female variety and thus is not really appropriate i think for this song

Really hate to be critical but that was awful, to be fair "ask" was never one of my favourite smiths songs, in fact if morrissey were to release it now for the first time he would get slaughtered by so-low for releasing such rubbish

Doing a very creditable version of 'Ask'. And she got voted through by Boy George.

'I met Morrissey in '93 and he hated me' says George.

Probably because you were finally out of the closet by then, George.
And WTF are you on about with 93?
I seem to remember a certain dinner with Marilyn, Morrissey, you and..... in the 80s......LOL!
And if you did~t spot Morrissey trolling you (and your uber troll mt8 Degville) in Brum when you had the stall at Oasis Market then you´re even more of a dumb f*** than I thought you were then, hun.
53 bus to Walsall. I got off at Perry Barr. You thought you were a Special Snowflake which I guess you were, briefly.
Have a nice cuppa tea, o´Dowd. Like Morrissey and GM you traded cash for integrity with your 80s cloister Catholic closet case guilt tripping in drag. So sad.
At least Somerville and Holly had some bollocks to be who they were from the get go.

best
BB

Last edited:
About time someone sang a Smiths song on one of these awful shows. Quite enjoyed the cover.

Compared to what? The Voice is a toilet and anyone singing on it is on their way down the pipe towards the septic tank.

I think people get the wrong impression of why contestants go on these shows, I doubt they think it will launch superstar careers, but it can help when they are already working circuits, very few profesional performers are superstars, but they can make a healthy living. Take Nathan Amzi for instance he hasn't been out of work since being on the show in 2014, he's been in a number of international TV commercials had roles in two west end Musicals and is rehearsing the part as Genie in disney's Alladin that's just finished on Broadway and coming to London later this year. He's done well out of it thank you very much. So it's not all about being the next Morrissey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5O9Vj_W7Bo

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom