Leeds - First Direct Arena (Feb. 24, 2018) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You'll Be Gone / I Wish You Lonely / Suedehead / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage / Home Is A Question Mark / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / I Started Something I Couldn't Finish / Who Will Protect Us From The Police? / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Jack The Ripper / Back On The Chain Gang / I Bury The Living / When You Open Your Legs / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Spent The Day In Bed / My Love, I'd Do Anything For You / The Bullfighter Dies / Hold On To Your Friends / How Soon Is Now? / Everyday Is Like Sunday // Irish Blood, English Heart

Setlist provided by Famous when dead.

Last edited:
What's pretty sad is when people who don't like Morrissey come here to post about him, as if they don't look like nonces
I think the funny part is, people do like him, but he doesn't make it easy. We all have that person in our friend group, where you know they're an asshole, but they're your asshole.

I have to say I always enjoy Leeds gigs. Last night was no exception.

His voice, and I've seen him a lot, is exceptional at the moment, as good as it's ever been which is amazing if you think about it.

Hey Quando. I meant to tell you that Moz was looking for you in Dublin. He kept saying 'quando quando quando' but you were nowhere to be seen.

God how I would have loved to see him in, of all places Dublin, I love Ireland and the Irish people!
And I love Moz.

Despite all those negative comments about him I just know he has always been very kind and nice to his fans and has a real interest in them as people as many have testified.

If I could go there next time when he has a concert I would combine it with a holiday for a week or two and die with a smile on my face.

He is a very interesting and challenging person and never boring.
NEVAH! :)

God how I would have loved to see him in, of all places Dublin, I love Ireland and the Irish people!
And I love Moz.

Despite all those negative comments about him I just know he has always been very kind and nice to his fans and has a real interest in them as people as many have testified.

If I could go there next time when he has a concert I would combine it with a holiday for a week or two and die with a smile on my face.

He is a very interesting and challenging person and never boring.
NEVAH! :)
You could turn up and find your banned from all future Morrissey concerts, as he has always been very nice to his fans in that way

haters rolling uncontrollably on the floor after learning Moz packed them in, AGAIN.
they thought that the interviews etc would make a difference, and it did, UPWARDS> hasta la vista haters.

Great photo but.... from that angle it looks like the gap between Moz and audience is bigger than ever. Discuss.

I'm guessing this was an event security decision to make the gap that big. Someone mentioned on here that they got a handshake after climbing over the barrier, so I don't think it was Morrissey's desire to create a large gap so as to make handshakes impossible. It was also mentioned that Morrissey seemed annoyed by event security at one point.

Interesting that, as far as has been reported, no one has made it onto the stage yet on the tour and, it seems, no serious, close attempts have been made. Security seems to double-up during the encore songs and block any possible attempt at a stage invasion. The most recent examples of people making it on the stage for the U.S. tour have, I think, all been people who were helped up by Morrissey. He has a way of signaling to security when he wants to let someone get on stage and sort of grabs their hand and helps them up there.

The after gig damage control crew on here is amazing and mostly made up people who were not there or who were indeed there and paints it out be better than it was. Hooligans at the gig sounds very nice indeed.

FB_IMG_1519608963902.jpg

1722624107037801399.jpg

Another 2 SER, the other few he's posted aren't very brilliant so not bothered with them.
I appreciate how Moz may view him, but I hope that was via a zoom. Lurking that close on stage during a gig is a bit off-putting.
Regards,
FWD.

Oh, here's the gap in question:
FB_IMG_1519610883963.jpg

Last edited:
This 100%! I'd also love to hear a couple of extra Smiths songs and a couple from his earlier solo career. However if this is the only way we can see him then I'll take it every time. Morrissey simply does not need the money, and has far too much integrity to become a tribute act to the Smiths. I was also for many years in the camp of hoping the reunion would come off, now though I have completely changed my mind.

With Mark E Smith gone he is possibly the last artist still out there with any integrity and relevance.

View attachment 43841
View attachment 43842
Another 2 SER, the other few he's posted aren't very brilliant so not bothered with them.
I appreciate how Moz may view him, but I hope that was via a zoom. Lurking that close on stage during a gig is a bit off-putting.
Regards,
FWD.

Oh, here's the gap in question:
View attachment 43843

Thank you again for the photos! What would we do without you and doc? The one picture from the stage makes it look like the crowd is right close, but the last shows the great divide between the crowd and stage.

I much prefer a gap as to allow him to perform the concert uninterrupted. I get the desire to rush the stage, but I paid good money to see the artist not some overenthusiastic fan trounce a song I waited months to hear him sing live.

I remember after him cancelling a concert in Las Vegas due to an issue with Alain's arm I believe that he came back only to have some idiots start a fight that caused him to leave after 45 minutes. Still the best 45 minutes of my life! I got to hear Is It Really So Strange, and that made the night for me.

EDIT: And that is the brilliance of Morrissey. I can't remember what I had for dinner two nights ago, but I remember being there and even what I wore to the concert some 20 plus years later.

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom