Leeds - First Direct Arena (Feb. 24, 2018) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You'll Be Gone / I Wish You Lonely / Suedehead / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage / Home Is A Question Mark / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / I Started Something I Couldn't Finish / Who Will Protect Us From The Police? / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Jack The Ripper / Back On The Chain Gang / I Bury The Living / When You Open Your Legs / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Spent The Day In Bed / My Love, I'd Do Anything For You / The Bullfighter Dies / Hold On To Your Friends / How Soon Is Now? / Everyday Is Like Sunday // Irish Blood, English Heart

Setlist provided by Famous when dead.

Last edited:
You could turn up and find your banned from all future Morrissey concerts, as he has always been very nice to his fans in that way

Maybe just a couple of looneys like moths getting to close to the candlelight, burning their wings and falling to the ground? :rolleyes:

I was there, and it was packed, first time in the Moz Pit, thought the energy was ace where we was standing , and Moz was very emotional at certain parts. There was a number of male Knob heads who didnt care who they hurt, but also met a load of cool fellow Moz fans, so other than the Knobs(which seemed to be tanked up footy fans?) it was a Brill night.
Cant wait for the next time. Cheers Moz...

Last edited:
The after gig damage control crew on here is amazing and mostly made up people who were not there or who were indeed there and paints it out be better than it was. Hooligans at the gig sounds very nice indeed.

shame it wasnt the sweet and tender hooligans.

It did look sold out from where I was sat (second tier) I couldn’t see any gaps! No idea about the third tier though, that seemed really high up!! I’m wondering if those saying it had a great atmosphere were actually there! His voice was amazing as always, but the crowd was as flat as a pancake.

Morrissey was class in Leeds last night. Best performance I've seen from him for a while but the crowd were so stale with some dickheads popping up here & there. One lashed a drink over the people at the front. Thankfully he moved before he got told to get f***ed. Then 2 middle aged women started a shoving match.

Lovely stuff. Perhaps it didn't help having a meat head bouncer at the side of the stage ready to leather anyone who came near.
Dickheads in Leeds...really...quelle surprise.
That’s the reason why I’ve been on the terraces of Huddersfield Town for the last 35 years man and boy. I grew up close to Leeds but my dad steered me in the right direction. Leeds is an ok city but it’s the people who spoil it and always have. City of Culture.,.you are having a laugh. That’s why Alan Bennett couldn’t get out of there quick enough.
Pilgrimupnorth

I was there, and it was packed, first time in the Moz Pit, thought the energy was ace where we was standing , and Moz was very emotional at certain parts. There was a number of male Knob heads who didnt care who they hurt, but also met a load of cool fellow Moz fans, so other than the Knobs(which seemed to be tanked up footy fans?) it was a Brill night.
Cant wait for the next time. Cheers Moz...

Thanks for posting, Pretorious.

Hazard
x

..... a reference quote (for B-B-B et.al) "His like will NEVER be seen again."

Respectfully true. What a marvelous thing to say.

Now go and BUY tickets while you still can.

Viva Morrissey
Hazard
x

Thank you for your post. I wish I could muster the desire again like I had when I was young. The recent set lists leave me in a state of inertia. I fear being truly disappointed by attending a concert of his new music that I simply do not enjoy would ruin the memories. Just me of course. Not a call out to others who like the newer stuff. In some ways I want to protect my memories of him and his music and what it meant to me wayyyy back when. I would hold my breath if I thought for a second that he he might ever choose to do a little spring cleaning and dust off the hits, and then I would return in a second. I am a realist at heart though and so that would seem a precarious decision given his nature. Miserabilist at heart I guess.

Still I am here ever observant and interested in others views on the here and now. If not the present, then what? Looking back and looking ahead is time better well spent on the present. I am guilty of this sin as are many I am sure.

I saw The Smiths lives 50 times and have seen Morrissey over 100 times and this is actually the first tour I will miss, not by accident or can't afford or make it, but because I dislike most of the new and last album which makes up most of the set list. Who really wants to hear a load of ropey b-sides and covers when he's got a back catalogue to die for? Not me. Morrissey's recent comments in interviews and the frankly vulgar Christmas message have also made me reconsider buying his new records and going to the gigs. He's in danger of destroying his own legacy. From the one you left behind.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Munich song didn’t go down well with some of the Leeds Louts last night due to their hatred of Man Utd. That set the tone for more lairyness.

“f*** off” was being shouted during that song. Leeds Leeds Leeds another. Eat some f***ing Meat was another.

Some people just go to gigs to say they have been. I’m not sure they have any love for the artist at all. They expect a setlist or Smiths songs.

Personally I thought Morrissey was in good voice, the set arrangement wasn’t the best and there were one or two songs too many from the new album.

Highlights for me were “who will protect us from the police” “hold on to your friends” and “Jack the Ripper”

Better than the last Leeds gig he did but nowhere near the energy and sets of tours gone by. Oh for 2001 again.....

To be fair, 2001 wasn't a great year to be a Morrissey fan. No concert tours and absolutely no sign of new material. This was in the absolute thick of the wilderness years.

To be fair, 2001 wasn't a great year to be a Morrissey fan. No concert tours and absolutely no sign of new material. This was in the absolute thick of the wilderness years.
Wilderness years ny arse and we were all busy being in love, I know I was anyway.

Paul Parker is on MUTV on the Paddy Crerand show saying that Leeds was the most frightening place to play as a Man United player, much worse than Liverpool. Paddy agreed and called it a nasty place.

I saw The Smiths lives 50 times and have seen Morrissey over 100 times and this is actually the first tour I will miss, not by accident or can't afford or make it, but because I dislike most of the new and last album which makes up most of the set list. Who really wants to hear a load of ropey b-sides and covers when he's got a back catalogue to die for? Not me. Morrissey's recent comments in interviews and the frankly vulgar Christmas message have also made me reconsider buying his new records and going to the gigs. He's in danger of destroying his own legacy. From the one you left behind.

Make sure the door doesn't hit you in the ass on the way out mate.

I don't believe it for a minute BTW. People who 'leave' just leave, they don't feel the need to announce it to the world. If they have no interest in an artist anymore they don't go to fan sites and read set list threads. I'm not buying it anymore than 50 & 100.

The new album is great, the shows have been solid. He's enhancing his legacy actually. Every time you make good new music that's what happens. Unless you've not noticed Moz isn't having trouble selling tickets for shows these days. Go ahead, lead your Moz free life.

Paul Parker is on MUTV on the Paddy Crerand show saying that Leeds was the most frightening place to play as a Man United player, much worse than Liverpool. Paddy agreed and called it a nasty place.

And you’re not from Manchester so your opinion is worthless..

I bet you didn’t see the Smiths 50 times.

Despite all those negative comments about him I just know he has always been very kind and nice to his fans and has a real interest in them as people as many have testified.

Well, IMO he’d rather not have to speak to anybody or sign anything unless it was for his own personal gain.

Went to see him at the sunderland empire and waited at the stage door.
There was a massive crowd of three of us waiting (myself, my girlfriend and a lady from Italy) with two cd’s betweeb us to ask if he would sign.

Two barriers were placed either side of the entrance and security got into position as the tour bus rolled up very slowly, we were standing beaming with our cd’s and markers in hand.
The doors open, man gets out and stands by side of door then Morrissey steps out and headed straight for the stage door, all the while we were saying Morrissey! can we have your aurograph please! Please! Please! Basically begging while stretching out our arms.

Not two f#cks given,
But, the fact of just seeing him was fine, still been a loyal follower and fan but looking back I’ll never forgive him for that .... unless he redeems himself by signing my arm in the future :lbf: I’ve always wondered if I should’ve shouted PAINT A VULGAR PICTURE straight away and maybe he would’ve came over and obliged us

end of the day sitting down in an arena is not a gig experience- that's why real fans want standing and general fans don't want arenas, is it still the drum intro from the operation that starts things off?

Me!!

And you’re not from Manchester so your opinion is worthless..
I've been to Leeds and it was a bit scary and empty somehow. I did enjoy the Billy Bremner pub though and Leeds got beaten. If not from the moon you cannot have an opinion on it, I like your reasoning.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom