Leeds - First Direct Arena (Feb. 24, 2018) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You'll Be Gone / I Wish You Lonely / Suedehead / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage / Home Is A Question Mark / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / I Started Something I Couldn't Finish / Who Will Protect Us From The Police? / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Jack The Ripper / Back On The Chain Gang / I Bury The Living / When You Open Your Legs / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Spent The Day In Bed / My Love, I'd Do Anything For You / The Bullfighter Dies / Hold On To Your Friends / How Soon Is Now? / Everyday Is Like Sunday // Irish Blood, English Heart

Setlist provided by Famous when dead.

Last edited:
shame it wasnt the sweet and tender hooligans.
Not at all and I really miss the hooligan days when women and children had no place in football. I believe that will come back eventually after the next war.

I saw The Smiths lives 50 times and have seen Morrissey over 100 times and this is actually the first tour I will miss, not by accident or can't afford or make it, but because I dislike most of the new and last album which makes up most of the set list. Who really wants to hear a load of ropey b-sides and covers when he's got a back catalogue to die for? Not me. Morrissey's recent comments in interviews and the frankly vulgar Christmas message have also made me reconsider buying his new records and going to the gigs. He's in danger of destroying his own legacy. From the one you left behind.
Congrats on growing up and moving on and far too few people ever do that and believe they can cling onto their youth through what they had back then.

Well, IMO he’d rather not have to speak to anybody or sign anything unless it was for his own personal gain.

Went to see him at the sunderland empire and waited at the stage door.
There was a massive crowd of three of us waiting (myself, my girlfriend and a lady from Italy) with two cd’s betweeb us to ask if he would sign.

Two barriers were placed either side of the entrance and security got into position as the tour bus rolled up very slowly, we were standing beaming with our cd’s and markers in hand.
The doors open, man gets out and stands by side of door then Morrissey steps out and headed straight for the stage door, all the while we were saying Morrissey! can we have your aurograph please! Please! Please! Basically begging while stretching out our arms.

Not two f#cks given,
But, the fact of just seeing him was fine, still been a loyal follower and fan but looking back I’ll never forgive him for that .... unless he redeems himself by signing my arm in the future :lbf: I’ve always wondered if I should’ve shouted PAINT A VULGAR PICTURE straight away and maybe he would’ve came over and obliged us
It is shitty behaviour, I agree, but I've changed my mind about this lately. It's been suggested by some on here (including me) that he quite likely has an autistic spectrum disorder. Without wanting to start this thread all over again, I think sometimes he just can't handle these encounters: eye contact, casual interaction and small talk, confusing expectations. It may well feel overwhelming at times and it's easier to walk on by. Added to which, if someone has Asperger's, for instance, their empathy is somewhat limited and they may not fully understand how crappy it feels to be ignored. I know people have said, 'Oh, he remembers when Marc Bolan did it to him so he understands', but I wouldn't bank on it. The members of my family with Aspergers's frequently cannot make this leap of association; unless it's happening to them, it may have limited impact.

I saw The Smiths lives 50 times and have seen Morrissey over 100 times and this is actually the first tour I will miss, not by accident or can't afford or make it, but because I dislike most of the new and last album which makes up most of the set list. Who really wants to hear a load of ropey b-sides and covers when he's got a back catalogue to die for? Not me. Morrissey's recent comments in interviews and the frankly vulgar Christmas message have also made me reconsider buying his new records and going to the gigs. He's in danger of destroying his own legacy. From the one you left behind.
if you ask somebody, are you the same as you were thirty years ago everyone will say no but people on here expect Morrissey to be the same as he was.his voice is a lot deeper now so maybe some of the older songs are out of his range now.

Jesus I'm glad I didn't bother with these gigs, seen it all before, how the hell does he fill these venues, people must be really bored, or brainwashed ?, Morrissey is just accumulating money now, and that baffles me too, even he has nothing better to do. People talk of the "next album", the blokes an OAP near enough. Time that all involved called it a day. The games over...music wise..

It is shitty behaviour, I agree, but I've changed my mind about this lately. It's been suggested by some on here (including me) that he quite likely has an autistic spectrum disorder. Without wanting to start this thread all over again, I think sometimes he just can't handle these encounters: eye contact, casual interaction and small talk, confusing expectations. It may well feel overwhelming at times and it's easier to walk on by. Added to which, if someone has Asperger's, for instance, their empathy is somewhat limited and they may not fully understand how crappy it feels to be ignored. I know people have said, 'Oh, he remembers when Marc Bolan did it to him so he understands', but I wouldn't bank on it. The members of my family with Aspergers's frequently cannot make this leap of association; unless it's happening to them, it may have limited impact.

This post shows a huge lack of empathy.

Not at all and I really miss the hooligan days when women and children had no place in football. I believe that will come back eventually after the next war.
It might do but Leeds United won't as they are shite, that's why they haven't played premier league football for over a decade, their stadium is shite as is their support

Because you are diagnosing another person with a mental condition. Labelling others in this way when you are not qualified and you were not asked to do so, is not a sign of empathy.
I'm simply speculating, with the advantage of first-hand knowledge, as several members of my family have AS disorders. We're all speculating here. Why do I have to be asked to do so? And why is this such a terrible suggestion? I'm not insulting him. It's a feasible explanation for what appears to be quite rude, anti-social behaviour. Would you rather I just called him a self-centred prick, as others have done?

Well, IMO he’d rather not have to speak to anybody or sign anything unless it was for his own personal gain.

Went to see him at the sunderland empire and waited at the stage door.
There was a massive crowd of three of us waiting (myself, my girlfriend and a lady from Italy) with two cd’s betweeb us to ask if he would sign.

Two barriers were placed either side of the entrance and security got into position as the tour bus rolled up very slowly, we were standing beaming with our cd’s and markers in hand.
The doors open, man gets out and stands by side of door then Morrissey steps out and headed straight for the stage door, all the while we were saying Morrissey! can we have your aurograph please! Please! Please! Basically begging while stretching out our arms.

Not two f#cks given,
But, the fact of just seeing him was fine, still been a loyal follower and fan but looking back I’ll never forgive him for that .... unless he redeems himself by signing my arm in the future :lbf: I’ve always wondered if I should’ve shouted PAINT A VULGAR PICTURE straight away and maybe he would’ve came over and obliged us

I've had the pleasure of meeting the Moz twice, and both times he stopped and took the time to chat and sign. Some days he probably feels like shit and he simply doesn't feel up to it, other times he does. As fans it is frustrating as it may be our only chance to ever meet and have any type of personal interaction with him, but I would assume that having to go through this for decades it does wear you down over time.

I've had the pleasure of meeting the Moz twice, and both times he stopped and took the time to chat and sign. Some days he probably feels like shit and he simply doesn't feel up to it, other times he does. As fans it is frustrating as it may be our only chance to ever meet and have any type of personal interaction with him, but I would assume that having to go through this for decades it does wear you down over time.
But they bought a record! He owes them!

Let’s not offer him a crutch for his poor behaviour. He’s not on the spectrum. ...and suggesting that he is promotes a distinct disservice to the many fantastic and functional folks who are. The greater probability here is that Morrissey’s just a bitter, narcissistic, washed-up, has-been goof.

I'm simply speculating, with the advantage of first-hand knowledge, as several members of my family have AS disorders. We're all speculating here. Why do I have to be asked to do so? And why is this such a terrible suggestion? I'm not insulting him. It's a feasible explanation for what appears to be quite rude, anti-social behaviour. Would you rather I just called him a self-centred prick, as others have done?
Discussing psychology which is not based on science and therefor forced upon the world by some charlatans is truly pointless. As you know the swedes dictate what is science based and what is not which is why we hand out the Nobel Prize to some people every year and allow the stupid norwegians to make a fool of themselves by handing out the peace prize to just anyone not based on science like that girl from nowehere who really hadn't done a thing more than almost having herself killed.
Always count on the norwegians to make you laugh once a year.

Discussing psychology which is not based on science and therefor forced upon the world by some charlatans is truly pointless. As you know the swedes dictate what is science based and what is not which is why we hand out the Nobel Prize to some people every year and allow the stupid norwegians to make a fool of themselves by handing out the peace prize to just anyone not based on science like that girl from nowehere who really hadn't done a thing more than almost having herself killed.
Always count on the norwegians to make you laugh once a year.
Are you suggesting that the exploration of the Autism spectrum isn’t a scientific study?

But they bought a record! He owes them!
:lbf::lbf::lbf::lbf: Yes they do! I understand both sides. For most of us that really love Morrissey we may only ever get one shot at meeting him, especially in an environment where there are not many other fans around so it really is a big deal. I remember the 1st time I met Moz he was sitting in a hotel brasserie with just Alain Whyte and really my friend and I had no business approaching him, but of course when you spot the Moz 'in the flesh' and he is less than 50 meters away from you AND there is no one else around logic and reason go out the window. We approached as respectfully and gingerly as we could and Moz would've been well within his rights to tell us to take a hike. However he was more than amiable and we got probably a good 10 to 15 minutes chatting to him and Alain about everything under the sun.

How would I have felt had he refused us? Probably disillusioned and I might have entertained some 'screw you' type thoughts/emotions. I understand the disappointment but then I wonder to myself, what must it be like to be constantly approached in airports, bars, restaurants, walking up the street etc? How does that wear you down over so many decades? It really does lend itself to the ole saying 'walk a mile in someone's shoes' and I suggest that none of us can bear any type of similar testimony to what living with that type of fame must be like.

Are you suggesting that the exploration of the Autism spectrum isn’t a scientific study?
YES!

It is one of many "mental conditions" brought on by vitamin and mineral defficiency found in everyone examined properly just like you find the same defficiency in older people suffering from what some call dementia.

:lbf::lbf::lbf::lbf: Yes they do! I understand both sides. For most of us that really love Morrissey we may only ever get one shot at meeting him, especially in an environment where there are not many other fans around so it really is a big deal. I remember the 1st time I met Moz he was sitting in a hotel brasserie with just Alain Whyte and really my friend and I had no business approaching him, but of course when you spot the Moz 'in the flesh' and he is less than 50 meters away from you AND there is no one else around logic and reason go out the window. We approached as respectfully and gingerly as we could and Moz would've been well within his rights to tell us to take a hike. However he was more than amiable and we got probably a good 10 to 15 minutes chatting to him and Alain about everything under the sun.

How would I have felt had he refused us? Probably disillusioned and I might have entertained some 'screw you' type thoughts/emotions. I understand the disappointment but then I wonder to myself, what must it be like to be constantly approached in airports, bars, restaurants, walking up the street etc? How does that wear you down over so many decades? It really does lend itself to the ole saying 'walk a mile in someone's shoes' and I suggest that none of us can bear any type of similar testimony to what living with that type of fame must be like.

So lucky you are to have that moment. Morrissey and Alain. I would love to hear what was discussed if you remember. In the same position I am not sure if I could muster up the courage to go over and introduce myself. What would I say and more importantly would I say something stupid and sycophantic? You will always have that memory and what a great thing that must have been.

Always ask a famous person if it is ok or not it is not harder than that. Be polite and respectful though Moz of course always loved it when he was verbally abused in a banter kind of way and if it was sexual he loved it.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom