Leeds - First Direct Arena (Mar. 20, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

The Queen Is Dead / Suedehead / Staircase At The University / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Kiss Me A Lot / Istanbul / Neal Cassady Drops Dead / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Irish Blood, English Heart / What She Said / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Scandinavia / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / One Of Our Own / Trouble Loves Me / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Kick The Bride Down The Aisle / The Bullfighter Dies / Meat is Murder // First Of The Gang To Die

setlist (not in exact order) provided by Irregular Regular.

• Photo by fralph1976 / Instagram. Link posted by docinwestchester. Full set by Frank Ralph (27 photos) - Flickr. Link posted by an anonymous person.

leeds.jpg
  • TTY: Morrissey audience in Leeds, March 20th - Mar. 23, 2015
  • Review by Gary Ryan - NME
  • Review by Ryan Bell (9 / 10 stars) - Fortitude Magazine

Last edited:
Great gig, the intro to Bores was the story about small children with coats on with cats around there hoods haha very odd, everyone seemed a little puzzled but that led to a great Bores so fair enough, loved hearing What She Said, the first Smiths song I ever heard on a free NME seven inch, made my night, one of the best reactions I've ever seen to Everyday too!

the crowd was slightly more animated than the last gig, but the world peace material, flattened it out.
world peace is the great flattener. crowd just stands around.

15 seconds of Crashing Bores:

[igm]p/0eHPO3EDSs/[/igm]

- - - Updated - - -

Adam ‏@Sublime_Sophism · 1h1 hour ago  Lowthorpe, England
Also Morrissey said "The Leeds side-streets that you slip down" and the entire audience went into shock thinking he was about to drop Panic.

Love this picture!!

Do you see the rooster? Turn it upside down, the light parts are the profile of a proud, strutting rooster. Fun phoenix in Leeds! :D

faye ‏@faye_blenkin · 12m12 minutes ago
Morrissey was incred ☝ @Brandonnh14

CAkvXE0WsAAW_et.jpg

Nice to see someone else standing in the seating section. Loved the show amazing set but what a boring bunch in seating. I have been to dozens of his shows over the years and not once have I sat or been made to sit by a nazi in a yellow jacket before. It's Leeds on a friday night you should be happy and up on your feet not sat talking all the way through the set. Shame on you, this would never happen if he had played on the other side of the pennines where he belongs.

simply superb

I see a Dachshund with a Poodle's tail. Dunno what that means, though! :D

It got a little broken up when God hit print, the leg got separated, the wattle wound up on the head, the comb wound up on the lady's chin instead of the rooster's head, but all the parts are there. :D Channel your inner Picasso to see it without my outline. I do see the dachshund though! :cool:

16879345725_b2f702b723_b.jpg

parts_of_a_chicken-2x2.jpg

Great gig, the intro to Bores was the story about small children with coats on with cats around there hoods haha very odd, everyone seemed a little puzzled but that led to a great Bores so fair enough, loved hearing What She Said, the first Smiths song I ever heard on a free NME seven inch, made my night, one of the best reactions I've ever seen to Everyday too!

Yes, Peroxidemonkey. Fantastic song and your single is (probably) worth a fortune now, so keep looking after it :)

Thanks for posting.

Hazard
England.

A collection of views: Fantastic. Amazing. Sublime. Wonderful

Certainly, very many know this one, Oh yes. He is back.

Enjoy :)

Hazard
England.

Crashing Bores, nice!

He was in a good mood but not as chatty as in Bournemouth. Seems healthy and sounds great.

Sunday/Bullfighter/stencil demo:

Thanks for the footage of the black curtains in the clip (is it really such a small arena ? )

I guess you're all gonna be busy defacing Leeds/Bradford today, off you go Simple Steven says so, just make sure you do it in broad daylight there's no need to be shy about it.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom