Leeds - First Direct Arena (Mar. 6, 2020) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You'll Be Gone / I Wish You Lonely / The Boy With The Thorn In His Side / Jim Jim Falls / At Amber / Morning Starship / Lady Willpower / That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore / Once I Saw The River Clean / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Home Is A Question Mark / Love Is On Its Way Out / Back On The Chain Gang / Never Again Will I Be A Twin / I've Changed My Plea To Guilty / Some Say I Got Devil / Jack The Ripper / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage // Half A Person / Irish Blood, English Heart

Setlist courtesy of Anon & Setlist.fm

Last edited:
Nope, not quite. Try 'boycotting until muddled, politically-clueless pop star retracts his official support for far-right party'.

You're more politically clueless if you think it's worth boycotting him for Anne Marie Waters.

Which Morrissey gigs have you been to Nerak? Are you going to Wembley?

Yes, I'm going to Wembley.

Caught most of his tours since I turned 18. I can't help missing the 20th century ones. There are licensing laws.

9 ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Imagine boycotting Morrissey because he's smitten with a lesbian & has read Douglas Murray & thinking you're politically on the ball.

Still, at last I will have bragging rights over some Old People Who Saw Him in 1983. I saw him on the 2020 Mini Tour of Shame**, shortly before everyone realized they'd overreacted because we live in a hellscape.

**he will now cancel because he has the sniffles.

That woman who rolled up fairly recently was there. Calls herself the middle-age Moz fan. Pushing and shoving as usual to get to her rightly spec on the barrier. Not an ounce of shame that one. Needs a good feed as well, that gangly streak of piss.

Imagine boycotting Morrissey because he's smitten with a lesbian & has read Douglas Murray & thinking you're politically on the ball.

Still, at last I will have bragging rights over some Old People Who Saw Him in 1983. I saw him on the 2020 Mini Tour of Shame**, shortly before everyone realized they'd overreacted because we live in a hellscape.

**he will now cancel because he has the sniffles.

Imagine supporting Morrissey when he's posted racist comments on his own social media platforms and supported and alt-right political organisation and 2 alt-right wing poster boys and then thinking you're politically on the ball.

I’ve been to at least 8 since 1991. Wembley Arena was where I first saw him. Good question, @Surface. We await the usual excuses the person previously known as @reelfountain will dole out.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

It's been said before but worth repeating Nerak is the epitome of Reelfountain. Reelfountain allegedly f***ed off because she had a new job and some of her previous racist/homophobic comments here might come back to haunt her. Before you could say lickity-spit Nerak arrived heralding the fact she had a new job and sounding awfully like Reelfountain except that Nerak is allegedly now supportive of LGBT and anti-racist issues. If you care to scan these pages you'll notice rather quickly that if Nerak is a 'friend' of the LGBT community then it has no need of enemies. Also, just look at all those racist, homophobic comments made by Pippiwetwank and Hofwank. For a left-leaning, LGBT supporting, anti-racist Nerak does seem to have an inordinate number of cosy chats with Pippiwetwank and Hofwank and doesn't challenge any of their racist or homophobic comments. Peculiar, isn't it?

The real tell though is the pseudo-political pish that she posts. Reelfountain used to do that ALL of the time. Posting stuff she'd clearly cut n pasted and had no understanding of.

He's proved his core support is rock solid.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Core support that wouldn't travel from London to Leeds? Hmmm ....
Where was this alleged core support when all those tickets went unsold and he has, as yet, to sell out any of the UK, EU, or US venues?

You're not the core. You're the 'easily put off by media hysteria & won back by same' outer layer.

Are you the core?
How many gigs have you been to?
How many of them overseas?

f*** Anne Marie Waters, f*** For Britain, f*** all racists and f*** Morrissey. What a f***ing disgrace. Actively courting bigots and racists. f*** him, I hope what's left of his career goes down the shitter quicker than he thinks it might.

Last edited:
f*** Anne Marie Waters, f*** For Britain, f*** all racists and f*** Morrissey. What a f***ing disgrace. Acvtively courting bigots and racists. f*** him, I hope what's left of his career goes down the shitter quicker than he thinks it might.

Let the hate flow through you... if you strike down Moz he will become more powerful then you can ever imagine

It was a great sign when C'mon Everybody by Eddie Cochran came on the pre-show video, this was the very track that first got me into Morrissey strangely enough. I had borrowed the compilation Now That's What I Call Music 11 from a friend for this song alone and the song that immediately followed was Suedehead which began to fascinate me like nothing before - this was somewhere between the release dates of Interesting Drug and Ouija Board, Ouija Board in 1989.

Just had to work out this was my 27th Morrissey show in 29 years, and the last 8 I have been right down the front but not last night as I fancied my chances against the coronavirus a bit further back.

There were a lot of people there, it may not have sold out of course but do people forget that Morrissey was playing in much smaller venues in 2006 when he had a number 1 album and just a couple of years after his big comeback? Some would've surely given it a miss due to the virus also so I really don't believe the odd leftie not attending made much difference.

The crowd looked well into it from where I was stood and it certainly gives you a taste for it and makes me think about the London date next week, but after Morrissey Friday night, Elvis Costello last night and Julian Cope in a couple of weeks, I really better not...

Overall, it was an excellent show, the voice was fantastic, the setlist was maybe a 7.5/10, but if he had played a few more from the new album and maybe a couple more solo classics instead of If You Don't Like Me and Some Say I Got Devil then it would've been an 8.5/10, having said that I think there were 11 songs I had not seen him perform before which is great - How Soon Is Now might be one of his greatest songs but I have heard it so many times before I didn't miss it.

I take what you say with the experience that comes with your tenure as a fan and gig-goer the info below is not a swipe at you.

In 2006 he played 31 UK smaller venues: town halls and the like with capacities ranging from 1,200 (most approx. 3,500) to 10,400 . For the sake of comparison if all of the venues were just 1,200 capacity then he would have played to 37,200. We know that most of the venues were significantly more than 1,200 so we know he played to significantly more people than 37,200 probbaly in the region of approx 60,000. This time around he'll be lucky to hit 15,000!!!

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

It's been said before but worth repeating Nerak is the epitome of Reelfountain. Reelfountain allegedly f***ed off because she had a new job and some of her previous racist/homophobic comments here might come back to haunt her. Before you could say lickity-spit Nerak arrived heralding the fact she had a new job and sounding awfully like Reelfountain except that Nerak is allegedly now supportive of LGBT and anti-racist issues. If you care to scan these pages you'll notice rather quickly that if Nerak is a 'friend' of the LGBT community then it has no need of enemies. Also, just look at all those racist, homophobic comments made by Pippiwetwank and Hofwank. For a left-leaning, LGBT supporting, anti-racist Nerak does seem to have an inordinate number of cosy chats with Pippiwetwank and Hofwank and doesn't challenge any of their racist or homophobic comments. Peculiar, isn't it?

The real tell though is the pseudo-political pish that she posts. Reelfountain used to do that ALL of the time. Posting stuff she'd clearly cut n pasted and had no understanding of.

Didn’t realise that, thanks for letting us know!

f*** Anne Marie Waters, f*** For Britain, f*** all racists and f*** Morrissey. What a f***ing disgrace. Acvtively courting bigots and racists. f*** him, I hope what's left of his career goes down the shitter quicker than he thinks it might.

Hey at at last the devil reveals himself as himself for a change...seemingly frothing at the gills so much so he can't even spell 'Actively' correctly. f*** off you joke. f*** you f*** your weak comrades. Who the f*** woke you up you dog end? Hilarious

A tad harsh for my tastes but I can't argue with the sentiment. Ditch the fools. Apologise. Let's move on.

The over-egging of crucifixes is really ill-judged and buys into a certain right-wing Christian arrogance.
If it's deliberate, it's stupid. If it's not deliberate, it's stupid. He seems to have learned nothing about flirting with iconography. Still, it'll have pleased AMW.

LOL...that certainly answers the question for me.
Complete fake. Complete nutjob.
I'll disregard whatever you said as per your review, and anything which you might have to say in the future. Hope you enjoyed your 3 seconds of 'fame'.
Bonkers.

No idea why you’re getting your knickers in such a twist about all this.
I went to see for myself how bad things actually are. It wasn’t difficult anyone could do it. Even though the performance for me was terrible I still had a good time in Leeds. Nice restaurant, few beers, no need to worry about driving home. You should try it.
I’ve been to many of his performances in the past, some big venues and some little venues and out of them all this was the worst of all of them.
It’s got nothing to do with me if people didn’t want to rock up.
I only reported back what I saw and heard on the night.
Don’t listen to social media or your Alexa or the blinkered cult lot on here. If you want to know real shit get off your backside and go and see for yourself, no ones gonna hurt you and you’ll be surprised how many nice people are out there to engage with. Just remember to take the hand gel.
Good luck and let us know how you get on :thumb:

??:knife:

Oh what a hideous idiot you are skinny.
f*** off back down your toilet you nasty little turd.
Failed & failed jumped up again & failed. That's the story of your life. You are a toilet.

All the complainers. Ranting about nothing. !! You should be piss at your monarch s. not the Icon that morrisey is. He is your conscience ha ! You should be greafull that morrisey still around. Morrisey I cannot wait to see you in NYC. And Las Vegas.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom