Leeds - First Direct Arena (Mar. 6, 2020) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You'll Be Gone / I Wish You Lonely / The Boy With The Thorn In His Side / Jim Jim Falls / At Amber / Morning Starship / Lady Willpower / That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore / Once I Saw The River Clean / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Home Is A Question Mark / Love Is On Its Way Out / Back On The Chain Gang / Never Again Will I Be A Twin / I've Changed My Plea To Guilty / Some Say I Got Devil / Jack The Ripper / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage // Half A Person / Irish Blood, English Heart

Setlist courtesy of Anon & Setlist.fm

Last edited:

Oh no I will tell you if I was but you’re gonna have to do a lot better as to why you think I was near you. Steven would love to know Benny’s I D so he can ban him from reporting on Mozzxit.
Just think you could have taken a selfie with me, I’m very approachable, I would have signed your merch as well.
But was it me? I don’t know you’re not giving enough info.

??:knife:

Says the resident Morrissey arse licker who dismisses negative reviews of the new album when you haven’t actually heard it yourself?

Are you accusing me of acting like a fan?! :lbf:

You may want to try a site that’s not dedicated to Morrissey and by doing that you will be able to avoid many views you don’t agree with.

WHY ARE YOU HERE ?

BTW you dimwit, people were dismissing a Moz hater for ‘reviewing’
a Morrissey album. Of course you see nothing wrong in that. :crazy:

I've banned myself from listening to anything from the album now until its release. I know. It'll be painful...but worth it.
You’ve got more resolve than me Mozmar, but it’s the right approach. I recall listening to live versions of Skull before its release, and it diminished the experience of the most polished outcome of a most brilliant song.

Ooft! Nerves frayed there. It seems we can ONLY like songs YOU like and ONLY enjoy gigs in the same way as YOU. Fascist tendencies showing.

As I've taken anons off ignore for a while in the hope that they're not all in the same tedious category as yourself - we may get the odd anon post which includes interesting content - sadly I've left myself exposed to the malicious lies of you and your kind as you desperately, for reasons known only to yourselves, try to upset people.
You weren't at the show in Leeds last night and you have nothing constructive to add to this discussion.

You’ve got more resolve than me Mozmar, but it’s the right approach. I recall listening to live versions of Skull before its release, and it diminished the experience of the most polished outcome of a most brilliant song.
How long do I have to wait? Is it the 20th? I daren't check just in case...you know?
Edit: Shit just checked. It is the 20th. 13 long days away. Maybe I'll just play Bobby once more...or Knockabout...the elephants can stay in the bush with the lions.

You may want to try a site that’s not dedicated to Morrissey and by doing that you will be able to avoid many views you don’t agree with.

WHY ARE YOU HERE ?

You would say it was great even if it was the biggest piece of shit ever recorded Ketamine.

The back of the signed album at Leeds for anyone curious:

FB_IMG_1583617635385.jpg

No actual album-specific thread for it yet - so it can live here.
Regards,
FWD.

Came as no surprise to me Neal.
I new it was going to be shit when a saw how poor the ticket sales were.
The British public delivered a very strong message to Steven in Leeds last night and there is no way it can be glossed over, even black curtain wizardry couldn’t hide the facts last night.

?? :knife:
What the actual f*** are you on about Benny, what point are you trying to make? Explain yourself, what is your function in here?

according to fb group reports, the signed album was given to Douglas, with Moz saying something like "... this is for Douglas, who's traveled further than you all to be here tonight." Someone said he is from L.A.

I used to live in the L.A. area, got familiar with the Moz scene, and was aware of superfans like Clover Dean, but I don't know who this is. Best to let him have his privacy to himself. Just goes to show that Morrissey-solo is Not the World.

You may want to try a site that’s not dedicated to Morrissey and by doing that you will be able to avoid many views you

WHY ARE YOU HERE ?

You were also critical of the Hot Press review dim wit, even though you haven’t heard the album yourself!

You were also critical of the Hot Press review dim wit, even though you haven’t heard the album yourself!

NO.

I and others were critical of the Moz hater that couldn’t see past Morrissey’s political views to give the album a fair and true review and unbiased rating.

It has NOTHING to do with hearing or not hearing the album.

What the actual f*** are you on about Benny, what point are you trying to make? Explain yourself, what is your function in here?

Delusional troll ravings. The only message sent to Morrissey last night is that he can get past absolutely anything. The haters should really get a new hobby.

What with the debate raging over song choices and pace of the set I looked at each song retrospectively and in my opinion I reckon 14 of the songs can be considered 'upbeat' if you like and 10 are slower 'crooner' types, a decent split I think in a bumper 24 song set. Again only my opinion but if you follow Moz you have only yourself to blame if not familiar with certain songs in set as 22 of them are currently 'out there' with only 2 new tracks currently unreleased. I was at Leeds last night and the gig was just perfect, 'Rock On' Morrissey!!!

If i read one more derogatory word on Springsteen I’m gonna vomit. I know this place is an insane asylum moonlighting as a cesspool, but there ARE limits. I defy anyone to listen to the following songs and not feel anything other than reverence:
Darkness on the Edge of Town
Racing in the Street
Western Stars
Thunder Road
Downbound Train
Straight Line

etc etc etc

according to fb group reports, the signed album was given to Douglas, with Moz saying something like "... this is for Douglas, who's traveled further than you all to be here tonight." Someone said he is from L.A.

I used to live in the L.A. area, got familiar with the Moz scene, and was aware of superfans like Clover Dean, but I don't know who this is. Best to let him have his privacy to himself. Just goes to show that Morrissey-solo is Not the World.

Pomona
Not seen him before the last few years but seems ok. Not too sure about big V who tags along with him.

Back
Top Bottom