Less than glowing review of 'Paris'

humm ... I don't like where this is going :mad:

oh,and didn't they give YATH a 2 star review? :rolleyes:

YoR is having very good reviews in general :guitar: but I'm actually quite curious to see The Guardian's and NME - I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't do it justice - let's just hope I'm wrong

The reviewer doesn't seem to know their stuff though, because it sounds nothing like a Meat Is Murder track! They do call it "decent", which I more or less thought on first listen. But "... Paris" is a real grower and now I think it's his finest single since "First of the Gang..." So it's hardly a disastrous review.

If it had Girls Aloud's name attached to it, you can bet it would be "a slice of pop genius" but that's The Guardian for you. ;)

well. it doesn't sound like meat is murder at all and it isn't even decent. the problem is not that it's not new, the problem is its dullness and some of moz's worst lyrics to date. when i see the new video on mtv i feel very sad.

Regardless of whether the reviewer rates the song or not, I think he simply doesn't like what Morrissey or his "fanboys" stand for. What a bitter term.

I think interviews with British publications will be few and far between this time round. Morrissey's not stupid and he knows what angle British journalists will be coming from.

Don't blame him for steering clear this time. The review isn't that bad; plus, in its physical form, these singles reviews are usually very brief and light-hearted, so I doubt it would have any impact.

well. it doesn't sound like meat is murder at all and it isn't even decent. the problem is not that it's not new, the problem is its dullness and some of moz's worst lyrics to date. when i see the new video on mtv i feel very sad.

Agreed. . . sounds like it was rushed for the sole purpose of having a "catchy single". I still think they should have released Skull first and Throwing a lot later.

"with its jangly guitar part that could've come straight off Meat Is Murder"

And you wonder why none of these people get paid.

Tags
reviews
Back
Top Bottom