Let's play Ringleader Of The Tormentors Survivor!!

Vote for your favourite track from RINGLEADER...

• I Will See You In Far Off Places

Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Dear God, Please Help Me

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • You Have Killed Me

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • The Youngest Was The Most Loved

Votes: 8 9.1%
  • In The Future When All's Well

Votes: 10 11.4%
  • The Father Who Must Be Killed

• Life Is A Pigsty

Votes: 25 28.4%
  • I'll Never Be Anybody's Hero Now

• On The Streets I Ran

• To Me You Are A Work Of Art

Votes: 9 10.2%
  • I Just Want To See The Boy Happy

• At Last I Am Born

Votes: 3 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Trill

Every few days I'll take away the track with the least amount of votes until we have a winner. Vote for your FAVOURITE track now!!!

Well (obviously) ROTT is a work of art but...

For me, To me you are a Work of Art is the supreme song on the album. The chorus is breathtaking and the music - when it kicks in at the end in particular - is awesome. The songs that I think run it the closest are: Pigsty, Nobody's Hero. Youngest and At last I am born. Well that's what I think anyway! I loved Quarry, but I feel this album benefits from being a) more interesting b) more positive. Moz is in fantastic form :)

I declare the winner: On The Streets I Ran....next topic

Can't we play ROTT Big Brother?

I'd nominate 'Life Is A Pigsty', I cannot get into this song at all.:mad:

Voted for Pigsty and think it will win. It's the song people have raved so much about. Even though some people don't like it at all... I think the numbers are there for it to win this.

Wrong way

You actually missed the point of the survivor poll. We vote the unpopular songs out and not the other way. It gets more interesting because we all know Pigsty will win.

I'm going to be boring and somewhat predictable but 'Pigsty' is my favourite album track ..... so there.

Tough choice between Pigsty and Work of Art. I voted for the latter because Morrissey's yodel is delicious. I go a bit utterly-butterly when I listen to it.

I'm torn between "Life is a Pigsty" and "Work of Art." I went with "Work of Art" because it's the song I play the most (although that doesn't necessarily mean it's the best, I suppose). It's also the song that's constantly in my head when I'm not playing it. I'm unable to STOP singing the opening verse to myself. "I live a life, I feel the pain, to sing this song, to tell the tale......"

The lyrics aren't wordy because he says it all in a few lines quite beautifully, and sometimes those are the best songs. Songs aren't great because they look the most complex on the lyric sheet; they're great because of how they touch you when you hear them.

The bass is righteous and his voice sounds fantastic. This may not make any sense, but the chorus makes me feel like I'm falling INTO the song and it's wrapping itself around me like a warm hug. It's perfect, and if it were a single it could be a cross-over hit (I realize it wouldn't be because the radio powers-that-be wouldn't play it, but if they did....). Even better is how nice it sounds right after the "People from Pittsburgh Pennsylvania" climax of "On The Streets I Ran."

Last edited:
Theo said:
This may not make any sense, but the chorus makes me feel like I'm falling INTO the song and it's wrapping itself around me like a warm hug.

That's exactly how it makes me feel too!

I seem to be one of few that doesn't like Pigsty. I can't get into this song at all. Maybe my opinion will change when I hear it live.

My favourites seem to change each time I play the album (which I do every night as I'm falling asleep) but currently I put "You Have Killed Me" on repeat. It was difficult to choose between this one and "To Me You Are A Work Of Art" and "The Father Who Must Be Killed." The former is probably the superior song of the three but as I said at this moment I love "You Have Killed Me."

I'm surprised too, my flatmate and my boyfriend love those 2 tracks.

Also, worryingly, i think what this poll shows is a mass apathy for most of the tracks on the album!

Only a few more hours before this poll closes. Vote now. Preferably for I Just Want To See The Boy Happy!!!

Back
Top Bottom