Letter from Faber editor re: autobiography

Wow....I wish that somedays an editor would write a letter like this to me!!!!!!!!

I cross my fingers, I hope Moz will publish his autobiography....

Nice!

"You see, we love the perverse and the contrary at Faber." LOL! That's Moz!

I didn't know much about Lee Brackstone, so I Googled. Apologies if all this was common knowledge, it was news to me:

"Loops, Issue Two" -- Edited by Richard King and Lee Brackstone. Co-editor Richard King works for Domino Records and is working on "How Soon Is Now," an overview of the independent music industry, moguls and mischief making.

Brackstone writing on the passing of Tony Wilson:

http://www.song-tank.com/showthread.php?t=146

Here's a weird Faber book: Bring the Noise - Simon Reynolds

"From Morrissey and Nick Cave to The Streets and Kanye West, this is the book that explores the links between hip-hop and rock." A Morrissey / Hip Hop connection??

And p. 62 of the Faber Seasonal Catalog had a mention of "I was Douglas Adams' Flatmate" by Andrew McGibbon on the BBC:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00fzblz
http://issuu.com/faberandfaber/docs/cataloguespring2010

"Andrew is a comedy writer, performer, director and producer who has made comedies for TV and radio starring Harry Shearer (etc. etc.)... As a drummer he has recorded albums with Morrissey (Viva Hate, Bona Drag, Kill Uncle), Peter Gabriel (Peace Together), My Bloody Valentine (Glider), Bucks Fizz (New Beginnings), Sandie Shaw, Suggs and Chrissie Hynde."

Well,I think we can assume then that Faber won't be the publisher now.

"... ‘ff’ sewn into the spine of your Life. Just any other publisher won’t do. You deserve Faber and the love we can give you. History demands it; destiny commands it."

:sick:

Could this be a letter that was sent to Morrissey a while back and now has been granted permission by Moz himself, maybe hes signed a deal with them and doesnt want a full statement released untill everything is finalised.

We all know he has been writting his autobiography for a while and that something has been written, the story about saddleworth moor, and also there is the rumoured "big news" that is to be revieled in the coming weeks (morrissey was allegedly interviewed at the Urbis in Manchester a few weeks ago)

Nice letter. Yes, this definitely needs to be placed on the Main Page. It will be noticed.

"Track me down, and try to win me..."

Please Morrissey. Please let yourself be won over!

He's a bit young to be writing and autobiography. Perhaps a memoir, some impressions, something not bound to chronology?

He's about the age that Nabokov wrote his "autobiographical memoir."

I personally don't care what they call it. They could call it a turd and I'd probably still buy a copy and ask him to sign his turd.

He's about the age that Nabokov wrote his "autobiographical memoir."

I personally don't care what they call it. They could call it a turd and I'd probably still buy a copy and ask him to sign his turd.

You're so vile.

(But I agree.)

Well even if it this letter hasn't done a job, what a winner Mr Brackstone is taken the bull by the horns and tried to make something happen for himself and his company. If only there where more like him, Morrissey you need this guy onside, and hey a free Cummins book what the hell give him a call. :thumb::thumb:

You're so vile.

SHHHHH!!!

Don't you know the word "vile" will get you attacked around here? It's worse than Hitler! :lbf:

Also avoid using words like "vegetarian." Or "vegan." Or "the." Any word that Morrissey might have spoken at any point.

I know, I know, it's always been a legitimate word in your vocabulary.

Dude, Mr. Brackstone, take it from me. I've tried contacting Morrissey in public forums, even with the promise of sex as opposed to a book deal. It don't work. :p

(Although I think Faber would be an excellent publisher.)

"You see, we love the perverse and the contrary at Faber." LOL! That's Moz!

I've been on these forums for almost 10 years and never read the word ''contrary'' before. Now I have read it twice in two days. The above quote and being called 'contrary' by Scarlet Ibis yesterday.
I wonder which household has been using their dictionary:rolleyes:

Jukebox Jury

Tags
autobiography book faber sign_my_turd
Back
Top Bottom