Lima - Anfiteatro del Parque de la Exposición (Nov. 27, 2018) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

William, It Was Really Nothing / Alma Matters / I Wish You Lonely / Is It Really So Strange? / Hairdresser On Fire / Sunny / How Soon Is Now? / Back On The Chain Gang / The Bullfighter Dies / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / Dial-a-Cliché / Jack The Ripper / Hold On To Your Friends / Break Up The Family / Spent The Day In Bed / Life Is A Pigsty / Something Is Squeezing My Skull / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage // Everyday Is Like Sunday / First Of The Gang To Die

Setlist provided by synthpop radio

• Peru! Peru! My light’s hearthouse - Morrissey Central (28th Nov.)
  • Full gig on synthpop radio / Facebook. Link posted by an anonymous person.

• Photo posted by NealCassidy:

45105_324F1B7A-BDD3-41FE-B6CD-A8C4E612A45F.jpeg

Last edited:
The above link, although it doesn't make it clear, is the whole gig!
FWD.

Direct link:

there is a youtube link too.

so what is he singing about "knickers" being moist?? at the end of "if you dont like me..." / ca. 36:40
relevant information would be appreciated.

Is Moz way thinner than before? Jeez just look at that audience. He should be proud and happy to still command that level of devotion. There are very few artists of his longevity still pulling in the crowds without selling themselves out.

Respect to Moz and his fans.

I'm not even sure what Selling Out means - in the sense I don't like the mealy mouthed "an artist should know their place" barrier the original fans place on it.

I admire his longevity and most of all his music but sometimes it seems his position is "nobody wants to buy me", rather than deserving plaudits for never selling out per se!

I don't think he has compromised his art for anything - but then again, in the same breath, he'd say that AND bemoan the industry, the media not giving him a proper chance!

there is a youtube link too.

so what is he singing about "knickers" being moist?? at the end of "if you dont like me..." / ca. 36:40
relevant information would be appreciated.

He sings "so don't get your knickers in a twist", a saying in the UK, used to tell people to stop being offended so easily...X

Is Moz way thinner than before? Jeez just look at that audience. He should be proud and happy to still command that level of devotion. There are very few artists of his longevity still pulling in the crowds without selling themselves out.

Looks it, guess his vegan diet is finally paying off. Whatever he feels comfortable with, is all that matters.

‘There are very few artists of his longevity still pulling in the crowds without selling themselves out.’

Like who ?

I find to be a mistery why someone would go to a concert to film it instead of really get into the gig... cause it may be impossible to have both....

True, but for those that weren’t there, we should thank them for their services.

Last edited:
His biggest hit since First of the Gang to Die, so no wonder. Always gets a great reception.
Is it really? I would guess YHKM was a much bigger hit.

Yes, in terms of chart success it was.
But these things have changed.
Spent is after Suedehead/Sunday/First his biggest song on Spotify.

Looks it, guess his vegan diet is finally paying off. Whatever he feels comfortable with, is all that matters.

‘There are very few artists of his longevity still pulling in the crowds without selling themselves out.’

Like who ?
Surely there are several, right? The Cure? Springsteen? Neil Young? Dylan? Nick Cave? You don’t have to worship these artists, but to call any of them sellouts is just plain wrong.

Yes, in terms of chart success it was.
But these things have changed.
Spent is after Suedehead/Sunday/First his biggest song on Spotify.
Yes, times have changed. I feel you can’t really compare chart success today with what it once was. I feel it meant much more before, when people actually got out and bought physical copies of each single. I would assume that YHKM sold more physical copies (also, it was released on every format).

Meat is Murder with the vid needs to be on the set list when the California Son is playing in Mexico.
The Bullfighter Dies and accompanying footage seems to be geared towards those countries instead. He mentions something like in Mexico I rescued the bulls and in Peru I rescue the bulls before singing it. It got a good reception.

Surely there are several, right? The Cure? Springsteen? Neil Young? Dylan? Nick Cave? You don’t have to worship these artists, but to call any of them sellouts is just plain wrong.

New Order are also still pulling massive crowds around the world.

His biggest hit since First of the Gang to Die, so no wonder. Always gets a great reception.

It was certainly his biggest radio airplay hit since First of the Gang but nowhere near his highest chart position (or sales).
The new era of chart positions can't really be compared with the old, though, due to streaming.
Airplay hits are hugely important - they a) drive album sales and b) mean lots of people will know the words and sing along at the concerts.

Fan art or...

Fan art or...

Fan art - The Iron Bridge did similar with LIHS. Whether his guess is as accurate this time will be interesting to see.
20181128_150139.jpg

20181128_150125.jpg

20181128_153420.jpg

Back OT, finally watched the whole gig and it was quiet good - impressed with the speed of the stream appearing.
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:

He looks great..doesn't he? And it is quite a phenomenon, you're right. Inspiring how he keeps his stance against any grain.. it's a kind of a leedership

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom