"List of the Lost" audiobook CD - release date changed to June 30, 2016 on Amazon.co.uk

I gathered it would not be your cuppa, as you seem much too sensible and your own person. By the by, you may have also noticed that the news sections pales in comparison and is often cribbed from hither - not to mention the inferior layout with an oh-so-familiar-if-obnoxiously-darker color scheme.

Possibly. If so, there were unforeseen birth defects. Or perhaps Vegan.Cro-Magnon was merely dropped on its head. It gets mixed up rather easily, what with all the reflexive and desperate proclamations that List of the Lost is a "brilliant book," etc. etc.

Morrissey has said more than once that Johnny rescued him from a slough of despond. Even in Autobiography he implied he was going nowhere at the time. He indeed seemed "well on his way": to Obscurity. Can it really be a "false myth" if the person it concerns has more or less confirmed what has been written? Further, Johnny didn't go to Morrissey's house "asking him to please be the singer." He wanted to start a songwriting partnership a la Lieber and Stoller. Creating a band and having Morrissey be the singer was, at best, a secondary goal.

in reply to the third quote which is mine. morrissey may have said that and may have been in a depressing moment but he was still accomplishing things and could have and i think would have given his drive while not in a depressing state. hes dramatic speech i think overstates things when read directly. many people see struggle in obscurity while still getting credits as a necessary step on there way but as we both know morrissey wanted everything now. i believe that he was speaking the truth and thats how he felt but i dont think that was the actuality of the situation. he could also just mean that johnny gave him confidence to become himself and its not unreasonable that he could find that confidence in someone or even something else

Re: "List of the Lost" audiobook CD - release date changed to June 30, 2016 on Amazon.co.uk

Wishing death on a person. Nice.

Only 'if', only 'IF'..........;)

Re: "List of the Lost" audiobook CD - release date changed to June 30, 2016 on Amazon.co.uk

How do you feel about Mike Joyce?

The REAL question ...We should all be asking IS... how do we feel about Yootha Joyce ? ;)

- - - Updated - - -

For the sycophantic slags who post on here, Morrissey is simply incapable of doing wrong, so trying to have a rational discussion with them is a waste of time. If Morrissey came round their house and took a big steaming shite on their carpet, they would claim it was an incredible artistic statement and rate it 10 out of 10.

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb: Even R.Mutt agrees on that lovely gift '11 out of 10!!' he says!...and he's not even a fan ! go figure.

"Are you honestly trying to suggest that Morrissey does not want to be "popular"? Check out these postings on the True to You website archive, which has we know are either written By Morrissey or have to be cleared by him prior to being put on the site."

Put it into perspective. There is negative media agenda in general against him, and he just, with arguments (facts), proves that agenda is negative with deliberate purpose.

Or...attempt to reduce it to the absurd. To suggest that he posts these things out of some sort of brave fight against a mean spirited media rather than to beat his chest like an ape to show how accomplished he is leads me to believe you would make an excellent spin man for any politician with skeletons in their closet. Your single-mindedness makes you come off as close-minded. Although, you could probably make Hitler come out looking like a simple dairy farmer that got "swept up" by emotion from dealing with people who didn't believe in his superior intelligence.

All things considered, for me it has to be David Icke. Steven and David have a lot in common they're both on the same frequency.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

BENNY!, Confess now will you !? We all know you're a part of the 4th dimensional reptile race of the holy grail royal baby eating blood line!!!...
It's the ONLY THING that can explain WHY you continue to come here hating on the MAN. - your true friend, David Icke

Or...attempt to reduce it to the absurd. To suggest that he posts these things out of some sort of brave fight against a mean spirited media rather than to beat his chest like an ape to show how accomplished he is leads me to believe you would make an excellent spin man for any politician with skeletons in their closet. Your single-mindedness makes you come off as close-minded. Although, you could probably make Hitler come out looking like a simple dairy farmer that got "swept up" by emotion from dealing with people who didn't believe in his superior intelligence.

In der Beschränkung zeigt sich erst der Meister.

For the sycophantic slags who post on here, Morrissey is simply incapable of doing wrong, so trying to have a rational discussion with them is a waste of time. If Morrissey came round their house and took a big steaming shite on their carpet, they would claim it was an incredible artistic statement and rate it 10 out of 10.
Honestly if Morrissey took a dump on my carpet i would have also rated it. Propably not a 10/10 and if it got a score below 5/10 i would have scooped it up and thrown it back in his face

Wait, Morrissey can't be proud of himself? FFS, he probably spends 99% of the day in self doubt. Let him beat his chest, although, I am available to beat it for him.

The REAL question ...We should all be asking IS... how do we feel about Yootha Joyce ? ;)

I'm getting at something here. Let's see how this plays out.

Wait, Morrissey can't be proud of himself? FFS, he probably spends 99% of the day in self doubt. Let him beat his chest, although, I am available to beat it for him.

I think your thinking of the teenage Morrissey. Interesting how he seems to be frozen in time for so many of the Mozbots. The Morrissey of today seems to lack any self-doubt or self-awareness for that matter. His pronouncements come across as decrees of law...about his music, writing, political agenda, etc. Where is this self-doubt in today's Morrissey you write of? It is also interesting how you would offer to beat his chest for him. Someone wrote not too far back that you might be projecting your wish for his sexuality onto him. He is a professed humasexual...I am not sure if a woman beating on his chest falls under this category, but good luck.

Last edited:

You don't know anything about morrissey as a person because you don't know him. Stop acting like you do.

My thoughts exactly. Went over to have a look at AYNIM the other day. I'd never heard of it before, but @Detritus kindly pointed the site out to me. I noticed two things -- the traffic over there is quite slow, and it is far too happy-happy. Not for me, then. Even if a lot of the gushers and haters bore me equally, this site is the best for the factual stuff I need -- tours, releases, set lists. Some of the gossip, perhaps. And the 5-10 reasonable people posting on here who keep me from despairing about Morrissey fans.

Why, Thank you, Mr Delaney. :)

He was an icon. He's destroyed that once well deserved reputation himself.

I wander past occasionally these days just to confirm he's peddling the same sixth form political idiocy and trying to flog overpriced tickets for a dog and pony show that has barely changed in years, except to get worse.

In other news, David Bowie has a new album out in January. Now there's a star.

was an icon ? :straightface:NEVER MIND. thanks for the Boo-wie news. Who's producing? liked 'Sue' Though 'Outside' to me was the last best thing. Fingers crossed! ...and stations too !

Spot on !
Once again J B is bang on the money.
He destroyed himself good and proper, nothing to do with record company execs and suites.
Just look at it from the outside in for once ! It's very big sad mess if we can be honest about it.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

I love me some 'big sad mess' .... to be honest.

My god Morrissey is pathetic........I feel sad for him actually.

Btw to everyone bashing the free speech right on this site. I would have a million m-solos spewing everything than one allyouneedismorrissey churning out stomach turning sickly sweet delusional morissey-backslapping. Honestly i dont know how Davidt handles all the crap from posters and moz himself

oooh, And another ANON sheds a tear for M.

HOW KIND.... :straightface:

Totally agree with you about allyouneedismorrissey but i have to say this sounded so snobby it actually turned me on a bit :lbf: i do love the pretentious

'snobby' 'pretentious' .... just oozes out from that one. Now back away.

- - - Updated - - -

in reply to the third quote which is mine. morrissey may have said that and may have been in a depressing moment but he was still accomplishing things and could have and i think would have given his drive while not in a depressing state. hes dramatic speech i think overstates things when read directly. many people see struggle in obscurity while still getting credits as a necessary step on there way but as we both know morrissey wanted everything now. i believe that he was speaking the truth and thats how he felt but i dont think that was the actuality of the situation. he could also just mean that johnny gave him confidence to become himself and its not unreasonable that he could find that confidence in someone or even something else

I agree with that, But jesus! you do go on, don't you?

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom