"List of the Lost" cover art, press release, release date (Sep. 24, 2015) - Penguin UK, TTY

UPDATE 11:30 AM PT:

charmer posts:

Official "List of the Lost" press release

to be published by Penguin Books on 24 September 2015 at £7.99

Penguin Books is delighted to announce the forthcoming publication of List of the Lost, Morrissey’s extraordinary novel, on 24 September.

‘Beware of the novelist … intimate and indiscreet … pompous, prophetic airs … here is the fact of the fiction … an American tale where, naturally, evil conquers good, and none live happily ever after, for the complicated pangs of the empty experiences of flesh-and-blood human figures are the reasons why nothing can ever be enough. To read a book is to let a root sink down. List of the lost is the reality of what is true battling against what is permitted to be true’ – Morrissey

Morrissey’s record-breaking bestseller, Autobiography, was published by Penguin Classics in October 2013.

Penguin UK have announced the release date (Sept. 24) and revealed the cover art. Still no page on their website for the book or any further information as far as I can tell.

@PenguinUKBooks / Twitter
We're delighted to announce the forthcoming publication of Morrissey's extraordinary novel LIST OF THE LOST - 24 Sep:

listofthelost.jpg

Morran also sends the link:

List of the Lost - true-to-you.net
26 August 2015

Morrissey's novel, List of the Lost, will be available in the UK, New Zealand and Australia on September 24th.
The book will be softcover/paperback only, as published by Penguin Books.

UPDATE 10:15 AM PT:

Uncleskinny posted:

Cover star is Earl Young, an athlete from Abilene Christian College.

Olympic Diary: Earl Young won gold in Rome - ACU Today

Earl-Young-Penn-Relays.jpg

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: "List of the Lost" cover art release date (Sep. 24, 2015) - Penguin UK, TTY

Looks a bit too gay for my taste. Wouldn't really want it on my book shelf.

wouldnt want to wear it on a tshirt either. a dude surrounded by shocking orange.

Re: Article: "List of the Lost" cover art, press release, release date (Sep. 24, 2015) - Penguin UK, TTY

1) Read the Geneva Conventions.
2) You're not even f***ing Irish.

hes NOT irish? after all the braggadocio about singing patriotic songs at the pub? LOL
somehow im not surprised.

Are you a Celtics fan?

Isn't there some Kickball team named Celtics who have fans that are Catholic and they play a team that wears blue and orange and they are Protestant and kill each other during games? Father O'Flaherty from Cork in CCD was a Celtics fan and he would wear their kickball shirt that had green stripes like a prison shirt. He would say these are the real Celtics, not the Boston Celtics. I'm so happy I live in America is the world. Anonymous-

Last edited:
benny deserves to be knighted for his debunking work. without it the good lord knows what the moz tirades would be like.
moz is against everything.

Yes, and Bummie needs to be knighted too for his brilliantly successful, excoriating "challenges" which have succeeded in changing the way an entire generation regards Morrissey. Bravo, Bummie! A job well done.

Re: Article: "List of the Lost" cover art, press release, release date (Sep. 24, 2015) - Penguin UK, TTY

moz can wish the entire planet dead and your potato head would be ok with it.
we are perfectly alright with any vicious remarks directed at terrorists like you.
Who are we? Do you speak for a specific group?

hes NOT irish? after all the braggadocio about singing patriotic songs at the pub? LOL
somehow im not surprised.
Try and keep up anonyMOUSE, I've always said I was born in jockland and my parents are irish

Try and keep up anonyMOUSE, I've always said I was born in jockland and my parents are irish

if you werent born in ireland then you are pulling twunk. you are a british subject.

moz can wish the entire planet dead and your potato head would be ok with it.
we are perfectly alright with any vicious remarks directed at terrorists like you.

Anyone who refers to an Irish person, or refers to someone with Irish branches or leafs or twigs in his family tree, as a 'potato' head needs to get out more and travel the world, starting in Ireland. The cuisine here has expanded in direct inverse proportion to the shrinking of your mental capacity, and really there is no place for a bigoted comment like that. I suppose you love Oliver 'the slaughterer' Cromwell too?

Have you not read anything? Of course I defend his right to say what he likes; and you don't like it. We get that. You keep saying it. I also defend YOUR right to post what you want to say, and everyone else's. Sure, you may not like someone wishing death on Morrissey, but do you defend his right to wish death on Johnny Rogan in a crash on the M3? Understand this - if it's not actionable, it's fair to post, whether you like it or not.

Sheesh.

I really can't understand why people don't get the point you have made and have had to make over and over again many times over. This is an open architectural forum for the expression of opinions relating to all things Morrissey based on the subject of each thread. People may pray that Morrissey dies...I don't. Some people love WPINOYB and think it is his best album ever. I think it is his worst. Like you have said the difference lies in "praying" or "wishing" something to happen and an all out declaration that the poster is planning to take action on these prayers and wishes. It is so simple to understand but not so much for the simpleminded here.

The only fair argument is that sometimes comments tend to get off-topic and in almost all cases Kewpie descends to put the kibosh on it. It is interesting to me that many of the critics of this site and the "vitriolic" posts aimed at Morrissey are the same people who have a go at other posters on this site in a similar fashion. It appears that their concern is only to ensure nothing negative is said about Morrissey, but everyone else is fair game.

Anyone who refers to an Irish person, or refers to someone with Irish branches or leafs or twigs in his family tree, as a 'potato' head needs to get out more and travel the world, starting in Ireland. The cuisine here has expanded in direct inverse proportion to the shrinking of your mental capacity, and really there is no place for a bigoted comment like that. I suppose you love Oliver 'the slaughterer' Cromwell too?

now you all want to control the type of insults used and who is allowed to use them. LOL
its certainly not worse than calling someone a mouse and the vast assortment of insults he hurls here. it is what it is.
but in a way you are right since hes not even irish.

It is interesting to me that many of the critics of this site and the "vitriolic" posts aimed at Morrissey are the same people who have a go at other posters on this site in a similar fashion. It appears that their concern is only to ensure nothing negative is said about Morrissey, but everyone else is fair game.

I generally avoid the fray of the state of "traffic" on this site, but this is an excellent point. If a poster is vexed by the viewpoint of some of our habitues (e.g., BB, Barleycorn), they imply that said habitues' posts are "below" their level. So why sink to that perceived level by reacting so viscerally? People, anonymous and "named," apparently like their dose of drama, as I feel 9/10 of that "noise" would disappear if (a) they put people they don't want to read on ignore and (b) refrained from lashing out so vehemently in response. Most who complain about that type of content only feed the flames by responding to it. I also find the notion that other posts being sullied by containing quotes of said habitues to be fallacious. Ever heard of "skimming?"

If you see a person raving on a street corner and perceive them to be mad, do you stop and try to have a conversation?

Register or piss off, I'm bored conversing with cowards

i will register if you come forward center stage and
1 admit to all to talking pony when proclaiming to be irish
2 apologize to barleycorn and surface for your faux irish nationalist vitriol.

Register or piss off, I'm bored conversing with cowards

That's it Braveheart you tell em ! Your far to busy posting things about Mozza than get into personal mud slinging with posters who dare to disagree or question Silly Steven aren't you ?

Skirtland the brave ! Aarrrrrggggghhhhhhhh !

Benny-the-British-Butcher

A well-informed birdie told me that there are currently no plans for a US release--not even e-book. Better fire up your AmazonUK accounts.

It's driving me nuts that no one has commented on this yet: is it me or does the cover star look like Morrissey's twin?

That's it Braveheart you tell em ! Your far to busy posting things about Mozza than get into personal mud slinging with posters who dare to disagree or question Silly Steven aren't you ?

Skirtland the brave ! Aarrrrrggggghhhhhhhh !

Benny-the-British-Butcher

after that last vote they should burn the original reels to that movie. they voted to continue their role as subjects LOL

I generally avoid the fray of the state of "traffic" on this site, but this is an excellent point. If a poster is vexed by the viewpoint of some of our habitues (e.g., BB, Barleycorn), they imply that said habitues' posts are "below" their level. So why sink to that perceived level by reacting so viscerally? People, anonymous and "named," apparently like their dose of drama, as I feel 9/10 of that "noise" would disappear if (a) they put people they don't want to read on ignore and (b) refrained from lashing out so vehemently in response. Most who complain about that type of content only feed the flames by responding to it. I also find the notion that other posts being sullied by containing quotes of said habitues to be fallacious. Ever heard of "skimming?"

If you see a person raving on a street corner and perceive them to be mad, do you stop and try to have a conversation?

You certainly don't, but it does put a smile on my face when I see someone try to correct or respond to Aztec Camera as if he is somehow sane but misguided. You can tell who is new to the site and who has been here for a while. Although, I may be one to stop and inquire if only to see if I might get a glimpse of what may lie beneath the madness. What makes AC tick. Constantly referring to European football as "kickball" I have to say makes me laugh. And it gets funnier when others try to reason with him.

On topic, Morrissey does seem to like the male anatomy using it quite often over the course of his musical history and now literary beginnings. Without knowing the subject of the book his fascination with selecting athletic, young men to grace many of his covers shows where his mind gravitates to whether straight, gay or humasexual. No landscapes for our boy. It wouldn't surprise me to find a young male swimmer with an athletic build glistening in the sun from the pool water on the cover of his vegan cookbook.

Last edited:
could someone inform 'faux irish blood' that moz just called for then nuking of australia.

Tags
book morrissey

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom