"List of the Lost" review by Kevin Healey - The Revealer

Review: List of the Lost by Morrissey - The Revealer
by Kevin Healey

"[T]here is nevertheless a clear theme that emerges in List of the Lost: namely that the depth of personal tragedy one encounters is a measure of how thoroughly one’s quest for an authentic life has been thwarted—either through self-denial, religiously-inspired prejudice, social convention, or some combination of each. The most likely scenario, apparently, is a death-spiral of tragedy upon tragedy. But the twin trophies of authenticity and integrity glimmer still, if only in the far distance. Morrissey has chased them from the beginning, with track-and-field determination, and his persistence is what has made him a cult icon. His legions follow in his quick steps, hoping to catch one carefully measured word as he passes them on, baton-like, to loyalists and hangers-on."

- From my review of List of the Lost at The Revealer, a publication of NYU's Center for Religion and Media

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't care if reviews are good or bad. Stop projecting yourself on me. Are you going to ignore all the metacriticism? The answer is yes.

Nonsense, when the bad reviews piled in your were like a child on Xmas day. You criticize others for bias when you are exactly the same.

Nonsense, when the bad reviews piled in your were like a child on Xmas day. You criticize others for bias when you are exactly the same.

he never had any bias. its not possible to have an anti list of the lost bias only a positive one. what is so hard to understand about that? its one of the worst books ever written and is already the laughing stock of the book world.
how can skinny or anyone for that matter, have a anti list of the lost bias? the notion is ridiculous.

I've changed my plea to guilty!

Welcome to Solo ! You've just had your first brush with THE CULT OF HATE here. If you show/post any positive
insights or information on or about Morrissey these HAWKS (vultures of hate?) will swoop down and... well,... I can't really go into the gory details.

Thanks for the review, :)

he never had any bias. its not possible to have an anti list of the lost bias only a positive one. what is so hard to understand about that? its one of the worst books ever written and is already the laughing stock of the book world.
how can skinny or anyone for that matter, have a anti list of the lost bias? the notion is ridiculous.

Skinny's bias is to any anti-moz related news, it's fairly obvious.

skinny is totally objective hes not at fault for moz putting his foot in his mouth on almost a daily basis.

the only place where this review will have any credibility will be at the blue rose society blog. it will be warmly received by all.( by all i mean all the usernames of the one crazy dude who runs it. hes the only one that posts there but his different personalities have warm regards for each other). they love that zionist stuff over there.

Wrong, wrong, WRONG! My 'bias', such as it is, is against irrational, blinkered, opinion and comment whether from fans, non-fans or the man himself. You can spin it however you like, but you can go back and find any ad-hom hateful against Moz posts - go on - go and find them - then we'll have a discussion. Like anyone else, I'll praise and delight in something worth praising; but I, in common with most commentators, note that praiseworthy stuff has been thin on the ground recently, and the man has been making batshit posts almost daily on TTY. The way to chase the darkness away is do do something that the majority of commentators find praiseworthy. It really is that simple.

Last edited:
At the end of the book, after Eliza had died:

"But the cheated victim was Ezra once again, CONDAMNED TO LIVE."

Autobiography in a nutshell.

how can you give the awful tome a good review?
the book is truly awful. gay ghost grabs a testicle and dies. moz goes on for about 20 pages about the royals.
sprinter one is killed. moz goes on for 60 pages about judges who dont give moz everything he wants. next sprinter gets killed. 20 pages on mcdonald's. the other sprinter gets killed. 25 pages on animal rights. chick gets killed. 20 pages on humasexuality and the appropriateness of it.
its just a boorish affair.

A poem about Alan Turing (who is mentioned in LOTL) by Heathcote Williams

And, by the way, there is also a poem by Heathcote Williams called "A Place In The Sun"

Last edited by a moderator:
p. 89 "Death shifts, my little buddha, my little buddha, and how soon an old story just does not matter."

Why does he say "my little buddha"?

p. 89 "Death shifts, my little buddha, my little buddha, and how soon an old story just does not matter."

Why does he say "my little buddha"?

He is referring to Julia at TTY who I believe is a practicing Buddhist. It's just a pet name he calls her. But everyone knows this. ;)

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom