"List of the Lost" review by Roy Wilkinson (3 /5 stars) - MOJO

First LOTL not-negative review shock! (That Times review was less negative but certainly not positive.)

On page 110 of the same issue of MOJO discussed earlier (#265, December 2015) there is a three-out-of-five-star review of List of the Lost by one Roy Wilkinson, who says the book has "a similar crazed power" [to Sparks, who were apparently saluted by our Moz for having a lyrical take on sex].

Key phrase: "Hurtling out of the blocks full of blue-skied homoeroticism, it's as if Kenneth Williams is doing a voiceover for a US branch of Bona Books of Soho. Then, hints of Carson McCullers and the inner dialogue of some firebrand teenage vegan goth add to a mad cavalcade of authorial voices."

The reviewer seems to be as confused about the book as most us of, but he does not deride it in any way and concludes, "But, part a literary answer to B-movie lodestar Plan 9 From Outer Space and part a now-or-never collection of philosophical aperçus, it is not dull."

Last edited by a moderator:
That is the steamiest pile of dung I have ever read. You've just attempted to justify anything of questionable merit. You're a towering idiot.

Actually, I provided evidence that a great many artists and writers would have been dismissed completely if the public hadn't decided to disregard those bad reviews. You, on the other hand, tried to respond with insults and personal attacks, which shows that you either have no sound argument or you are inept at communicating your thoughts. You could have challenged my comment and provided some support for your thoughts, but instead you chose to react as a frustrated child would have done by calling me a name. How sad (for you).

lynnda

what evidence did you provide that moz awful book is equal to james joyce? the guy is wrong your post is ridiculous.
your 'evidence' consisting of the claim that bad reviews always equal greatness.

If the knee-jerk response is that Morrissey can't be compared to these great literary figures, my response is that he certainly can.

Comparing Morrissey's literary talent to James Joyce is a bit like comparing Jesse Tobias' musicianship to...well, anyone who can actually play guitar. Sure, he can be compared, but he's not going to come out of it smelling of roses.

Re: Article: "List of the Lost" review by Roy Wilkinson (3 /5 stars) - MOJO

You've come so far, but you still have so much farther to go. Don't ever let these haters throw you off course. The most important thing is for you to keep doing what you're doing. A lot of people want to see you succeed. We need you to succeed. Leave the haters for us to deal with. It's really no big deal. These damn haters are just small fries in the game. We're not worried so don't you worry either. It's the most important thing to remember. We're counting on you.

Counting on me for what?
Succession in what?
I am only writing down my opinion my friend and sometimes I just cannot stand idiocy...
That's all

- - - Updated - - -

wtf? you have only been on here for a month (subscribing around the same time as your other pen names) and already you are making demands and berating the readership as if you were at the blog.
noboby is going to sign up to that blog give up.

I do not understand you and that might be cause you are completely out of the point.
"wtf" is ugly... give it up please...

The greatest succesion of List of the Lost is that the book can be read from so many different angles the same time or maybe another or many times. It has its very own style (yes from the first pages you can perceive the oddity) it has a bizzare rythm, a continuous rhyme and most of the sentences if you see carefully have a really deep and complicated point that waits to be explained. It is hillarious, it is mean, it is too tender, it is all the time refined bad language and a strange kind of poetry at the very same moment.
If an old fashioned critic or a profesor laid into the dark ages were left from the rest of the world to put always and forever rules and laws to explain anyone's writing then the judgment would never let so many movements in literature to see the light of the day. Some people point in here reminds me a very conservative group of cinema fans that wants David Lynch to be sitted on an electric chair due to lack of liking or understanding. Be sane! This book -any book- can be loved or loathed. Still this novel is not a classic masterpiece not even garbage too for sure. It is totally free, Morrissey gets naked in a very playful way in it and I am sure that when the time (that always prove everything) come it will stand its own ground proudly. List of the Lost's meaning and purpose is pure reality and the reverse of reality too from the mind of a person who speaks true. Real life is an individual tale happening simultaneously to each of us

list of the lost makes is more incoherent than your post with your post being very very incoherent. 'david lynch to be sitted on an electric chair'? wtf is that about?

i think reading and listening to something besides moz would be beneficial to the btz. give some perspective on the world.

list of the lost makes is more incoherent than your post with your post being very very incoherent. 'david lynch to be sitted on an electric chair'? wtf is that about?

i think reading and listening to something besides moz would be beneficial to the btz. give some perspective on the world.

wtf... btz... you re heading for a short circuit death, darling...

Oh thanks ! Yes, yes and yes.
I'm always giving feedback as well.
I know a bellend just down the road who does this kind of shit for a living, he admitted it was money for old rope visiting workplaces and talking "team"bollocks with bullshit buzz words.
It says nothing to me about debunking.
Hope you appreciate my "feedback".

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Hey Benny, Maybe you can open up for M doing some of your motivational speeches.

You can call it.... 'Positive Feedback And The Art Of Making Friends'.;)

He did !, And Mike Joyce wrote Ulysses.

the last bit needs an editor really and someone to help him with his grammar for sure. on a more serious note the image of a man with an eye patch playing the drums made me chuckle. wonder if faulkner borrowed some of that idea with his quentin character for sound and fury

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom