Live Shot - Morrissey Central

• Thread starter Deleted member 29417
  • Start date
(Originally posted in the thread Johnny Marr tweets response to Smiths reunion rumours)

Ok - one last thing - do you think this post of a montage pic of him in his Smiths days with Elvis & his band is his mini-burn back at Marr?

Live Shot - Morrissey Central
November 9, 2019

full

Last edited by a moderator:
No, I can't see this as a dig at Marr. Because I can't see where exactly is the burn here. It's perfectly in line with all these recent photoshop tragedies where Morrissey albums and tattoos are placed in the photos of dead celebrities.
I would tend to agree, except that timing is everything... The trouble is it's so inept that it's hard to figure out what the insult actually is.

A couple of weeks ago Johnny tweeted a picture of himself and Billy Bragg from the good ol’ days. So the betrayal is definitely real and ongoing. It’s obvious where Johnny’s sympathies lie in this day and age. Such a shame really.
It’s not to this site’s credit that it seems to wilfully propagate a reunion lie once a year; tending to refer the words of an anonymous ‘trusted’ source. It’s little more than malign agitation really.

To my mind, he's well within his rights to disagree with Morrissey's politics and call him out - but M won't see it that way. The estrangement is sad because they obviously still care about each other and these half-hearted pot shots just highlight it.
Of course he is and he has said so publicly. But you can disagree with someone politically and still be in admiration of their work or their past together. Now these two tweets are just bitching from Johnny’s part and he knows all too well where this will lead. Maybe he feels he has nothing left to lose at this point, but certainly nothing is to be gained from this kind of behaviour.

Morrissey loves Elvis. That’s it. That’s all there is to this picture. You people, with your ad hominems, inane analyses and general idiocy are making me oh so very tired.

Of course he is and he has said so publicly. But you can disagree with someone politically and still be in admiration of their work or their past together. Now these two tweets are just bitching from Johnny’s part and he knows all too well where this will lead. Maybe he feels he has nothing left to lose at this point, but certainly nothing is to be gained from this kind of behaviour.

You're right - but maybe we don't know the full story anyway. Johnny has said in the past that Morrissey doesn't respond to him when he tries to communicate, so eventually he started to think "Well what's the point?" and gave up. Then Morrissey - who you'd think was 'ghosting' him by that account - writes something like "Forgive Someone." God knows what goes on between them but this bitchiness is sad.

He wasn’t fatshaming. He was “taken out of context”, or whatever excuse you normally use when Fatty opens his mouth.
Now, there's no need for that. Surface was at pains to emphasise that he isn't fat.
I hope he has evolved Spiritually and emotionally beyond his 20s though his posts cast doubt on any depth of maturity in his personality makeup.

To whole idea of a Smiths-reunion at this time in life is so ridiculous that it would have been better no-obe would have reacted at all. But Johnny`s reaction is rather funny and all those people who jump in front of Morrissey to catch the flying bullet (haha!) whenever he says something utterly inacceptable should think for a minute (oh, this was Housemartin`s quote). I think Johnny never said things like "we didn`t like each other anyway" or something of that kind (remember Morrissey spaking to Larry King? It was a crying shame!) .

Morrissey loves Elvis. That’s it. That’s all there is to this picture. You people, with your ad hominems, inane analyses and general idiocy are making me oh so very tired.

So you genuinely believe that its just a coincidence that within 48 hours of Johnny Marr's comments about Farage, Morrissey's own website uploads a Sam montage featuring a Smiths era Morrissey on stage with no other members of the band?

Let me dig out that gold star for you...super well done you!
Still displaying that 20 year old immature world view too, I see.
I thought yu had kids? Bet the 10 year old considers you his equal too. Maybe he advises you on what to write on here too?
Has he read any of your posts, you think?
If he has, is he still proud of his Daddy?
Probably thinks you're a f***wit like we do......

No idea who you are on about but my kids are teenage girls.

So you genuinely believe that its just a coincidence that within 48 hours of Johnny Marr's comments about Farage, Morrissey's own website uploads a Sam montage featuring a Smiths era Morrissey on stage with no other members of the band?
No this certainly isn’t a coincidence. But what could it mean? That’s hard to tell at this point. If Moz hadn’t an album planned for 2020 I would say a Smiths themed tour could be on its way. But since he has there is no chance.
Maybe it’s just him telling Johnny to stick to the music (Elvis) and not the politics (Farage).
We probably will never know.

The image is by Victor Esparza.
Regards,
FWD.

No this certainly isn’t a coincidence. But what could it mean? That’s hard to tell at this point. If Moz hadn’t an album planned for 2020 I would say a Smiths themed tour could be on its way. But since he has there is no chance.
Maybe it’s just him telling Johnny to stick to the music (Elvis) and not the politics (Farage).
We probably will never know.

I don't think the meaning goes any further than Morrissey feeling very sore about Marr's comment about Farage and retaliating by means of his own personal website and the "creative" skills of his nephew.

No idea who you are on about but my kids are teenage girls.

Then why are YOU responding, if yu've no idea who i'm on about?
Re my last comments change he to she, or they...then look at the qustions again.
Feeling a little, silly & embarassed about what yu've posted now, daddyo?

Which is only, as it should be.

The image is by Victor Esparza.
Regards,
FWD.
What's in a name?
Esparza is a Mexican name of Basque origin and and is an occupational surname for a professional swordsperson, "which could be applied to one instructed in the noble arts of fencing and duelling".
Victor as you would guess is a derivitive of the Latin vincere" to win".
A noble name indeed.

Definitely. Cue insults, name calling, frenzied behavior.

Then why are YOU responding, if yu've no idea who i'm on about?
Re my last comments change he to she, or they...then look at the qustions again.
Feeling a little, silly & embarassed about what yu've posted now, daddyo?

Which is only, as it should be.

No don’t feel any different at all. I saw the Smiths 3 times and Morrissey over 20 times, fact is he has let himself go and posting the picture on Morrissey Central is just pathetic

Last edited:
No don’t feel any different at all. I saw the Smiths 3 times and Morrissey over 20 times, fact is he has let himself go and posting the picture on Morrissey Central is just pathetic

As people age, surface, their bodies change, & men in particular store fat in the gut region, that's why you see guys with bigger bellies as they get older.
It's not solely down to beer & overeating.
Older chaps aren't as active either with increasing age so fighting weight gains becomes a struggle.
Women store fat on their arse, hips & thighs as they age. It's biology/nature & the term middle age spread exists for a reason.
It'll happen to you & me in due course, so don't be so unkind. You'll not be running 20k/week when yr 60, you're more than likely not be able to.
Your post was child like tbh & unbecoming & showed your ignorance generally.
Show some respect, if not for Moz, then show it for 60+ yr olds generally..... How old are yr parents?
About the same age as Moz?
Do you crticise them & treat them unkindly bcos they're getting older & broad of beam?
Moz is doing fine as far as I can see, so leave him alone & grow up.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom