Liverpool - Moz walks off stage

Re: Moz walks off stage

Back home from Liverpool and me and my wife are totally gutted that one waste of sperm has ruined our nights. But that said we don't blame Moz one little bit for not coming back out.

A short while before he got hit someone (or maybe the same person) threw a bottle/glass in the direction of the stage but missed.

But the bottle that hit Moz caught him fair and square on the head and gave him a real beer shower, so it must have been pretty full.

Even if he was not too badly hurt by it I can imagine that something like that would really shake you up.

I think maybe he needs to look at avoiding arena's as the shows we have been to at arena's have had some real morons while the ones at smaller venues have had real fans who have been totally up for it.

Why are some people such pricks!!!!

from where i was standing it seemed to scrape past his quiff and no liquids seemed to spill on him

just cane believe some1 would be that daft though

Back home from Liverpool and me and my wife are totally gutted that one waste of sperm has ruined our nights. But that said we don't blame Moz one little bit for not coming back out.

A short while before he got hit someone (or maybe the same person) threw a bottle/glass in the direction of the stage but missed.

But the bottle that hit Moz caught him fair and square on the head and gave him a real beer shower, so it must have been pretty full.

Even if he was not too badly hurt by it I can imagine that something like that would really shake you up.

I think maybe he needs to look at avoiding arena's as the shows we have been to at arena's have had some real morons while the ones at smaller venues have had real fans who have been totally up for it.

Why are some people such pricks!!!!

Thank you thank you thank you. You obviously saw the same incident as me.

Absolutely gutted by what happened tonight.

Moz seemed to be in a great mood as well - before starting the show he announced 'It's Saturday, it's raining, it's Liverpool, IT'S PERFECT!', then crashed into a great rendition of This Charming Man.

Famous last words eh.

I'm seriously angry with the idiot who chucked the cup at him.

As for Moz, I think he should've come back on and that would have been less humiliating than the press he'll get for cancelling. He'd be feeling better by now after a great gig, instead he'll be despondent.

Incidentally, as far as I could tell the venue went out of the way to stop people taking bottles, even plastic ones, into the arena, so the only things people should have had were plastic cups and that's what he was hit by.

May, Brixton.

Being up on stage is vulnerable position, and even seasoned artists/actors get nervous/easily upset. Morrissey's ill as well.
Not in the best frame of mind to rise above it and carry on.

Didn't Brixton happen in June? I was there, got a bit soaked. Tossers.

It's all very well saying he should have come back on and he wasn't hurt but if you are hit on the head it's not as simple as that. It can really shake you up and you might not feel able to come back and sing for an hour an a half. Add to that the psychological effect (you probably feel bloody furious) and it might not be that simple to just resume where you left off.

Also, coming back on stage after something like that just lets people think they can get away with such behaviour.

It's all very well saying he should have come back on and he wasn't hurt but if you are hit on the head it's not as simple as that. It can really shake you up and you might not feel able to come back and sing for an hour an a half. Add to that the psychological effect (you probably feel bloody furious) and it might not be that simple to just resume where you left off.

Also, coming back on stage after something like that just lets people think they can get away with such behaviour.

Thankyou. :bow:

Now I've calmed down a bit, I must say I don't blame him for not coming back. It's taken enough for him to get out there every night since Swindon and he doesn't need that sort of treatment as his reward. He isnt a trained animal, he has feelings like an earlier post said. I hope whoever did it feels like a total prick.

I just note you saying how now you've "calmed down" a bit. I know what you mean. I have been totally LIVID and i wasn't even there! .. I can only imagine what it would have felt like for the people there.

I am totally and utterly gobsmacked!!! yuck yuck yuck!!!

Last edited:

I really don't blame Morrissey for not coming back out - he is a caring, compassionate person and his fans tend to be also. To have this done to you - on the final UK night aswell - would seem like a real kick in the teeth to someone like Moz. A "thanks for nothing" gesture.

I'm genuinely sorry for everyone who was there that missed out - I planned to drive up for it AND I was at Swindon for the infamous cancelled gig - so I know how you feel, but looking at it from HIS perspective, I can see why he did what he did.

btw - let's not start a Scouse/Manc/other-areas-of-the-UK argument - this could have happened anywhere, if it had been Swindon, I would have been totally embarressed to be a (nearby) local.

Oh dear - how sad all round :(

plus, he got all wet.

This is sad news. What an absolute evil prick to do such a thing. Whether it was plastic or glass really does not matter. Getting hit by a plastic one from a distance would be quite shocking and could hurt you. Even if he was not physically hurt, an act of random abuse like that can crush you emotionally, not everyone has a thick skin and can brush that off, be they 15 or 50.
I certainly feel sympathy for all the other good people attending the show, it was sad that one of lifes wankers ruined it for them. I hope whoever did it gets arrested for assault.:mad:

Moz was wrong tonight, why u defending him????

Yes it was not nice the beer being thrown, go off, clean up and then put on a great show for 9000 people, not piss them off

sorry moz but bad move tonight

Morrissey you are a fool. There are people in their working life who face hardship and abuse: police officers, nurses, the armed forces... You get your hair wet from a plastic glass. It was Plastic! I saw it. What did you do? You had a girly strop. You soft get. Never listen to you again. You are so far up your own arse

What on earth does anyone hope to achieve by lobbing something onto the stage? Total buffoon, well done Morrissey for stopping off, who knows what was next?

Sad end to the UK tour, glad we got an excellent night in Sheffield.

I went to the gig and have the following observations,

1. The security was fairly strict at this gig. Bags were checked on the way in, people were frisked and all drinks bought in bottles had to be emptied into glasses before you were allowed in the arena.

2. Morrissey looked up for it tonight. This Charming man was excellent, he was shaking hands from the start.

3. It looked to me (And I was around 6/7 from the front) that he was hit full in the face by a plastic bottle of water.

4. It looked to me like the culprit was part of a group of middle aged men (Stupid f***ers should know better at their age). After being identified one was pulled out but was denying his involvement, two of his friends made a very sharp exit taking much abuse on the way out. I dont understand why they didnt get beat up to be honest because there were some seriously pissed off people there. They were easily 40 years old if not older.

I am split on what Morrissey should have done next. I was talking to a woman who had flown over to see this and spent £500 plus....many women were crying.....I personally think that walking off encourages some other nutter to do the same again at the next gig. It sends out a message saying if you throw something at me then I'm off. Problem with Morrissey is he has to feel the vibe and even if he had come back on it would have been a shit gig because once he has lost it he has lost it. Happened at Blackburn a couple of years ago when someone shouted "f*** Off you stupid c***" or something similar. Totally ruined the gig.

This country is full of dickheads unfortunately. I hate this country more and more each year. Our troops are fighting for a bunch of lazy twats who sprog out babies and claim endless benefits. These same people get completely shitfaced almost everyday and do things like this. Dickheads quite often are attention seekers who really have no life and seek attention any way they can hence throwing bottles on stages.

Sad really but I think that will be it...................

i worry tonight that he may have alienated more fans and lost many more after tonight,
was a big night for him tonight to play infront of a sizeable crowd like it was even most of the seating was sold which was a shock and then to end like this
i dont know whether to be angry at Moz the beer thrower or just both

i never felt so upset as i did at walking out tonight

Tags
beer=good4hair diva fit drama queen duck & cover malvatwat northernidiots pbr me asap raincoats? saddening
Back
Top Bottom