Liverpool, one week on feelings

:blushing:
Maybe if the police arrest the idiot who caused this to happen, it will hopefully deter other morons.

I hope so.
In my opinion he had to make a stand and show zero tolerance of this sort of crap. Otherwise one day some nutter might throw a missile that does him some real damage.

I have the opposite feelings, at the time I was disappointed and angry but went on to the Pan America and had a great night regardless...my feelings have calmed down to the extent I can understand why Morrissey walked away, you shouldn't have to take that sort of shit, its just a shame for Morrissey and his proper fans which were all of us bar the nobhead wrecked what was a potentially great night, we were all happy to be there and Morrissey seemed well up for it...even if he had come back on it wouldn't have been the same.

I just hope he can re schedule so we can make friends again and have the night we expected and more.:thumb:

Re: hmmmmmm

But one week one......... was the question.... about how feelings have changed .... have emotions changed about the Liverpool gig?

No, my feelings have not changed.

I am still 100% behind Morrissey and still wish nothing but ill on the d1ck who threw the cup at Morrissey's face. I still cant get the look on his face out of my head, it was horrible horrible horrible.

If he is willing to come back, I will be willing to queue for hours and hours again to reclaim my perfect spot. He's helped me so much over the years but he doesn't owe me anything.

The issue was simple. At the front of the stage a person had actuated an assault on Morrissey whilst he was singing. Despite attempts to identify the person, security were not convinced that they had removed the culprit. In such cirmumstances Morrissey could not return to the stage, as a repeat could not be ruled out.

The tour has now moved onto Europe and security is much tighter. Liverpool is history but the effects are being felt still on this tour. Body searches, bag inspections, flimsy plastic cups for drinks, no bottles or cans. Even at the front, the water handed out by security never leaves their hands as they place a big plastic bottle over your mouth for you to sip.

Re: hmmmmmm

No, my feelings have not changed.

I am still 100% behind Morrissey and still wish nothing but ill on the d1ck who threw the cup at Morrissey's face. I still cant get the look on his face out of my head, it was horrible horrible horrible.

If he is willing to come back, I will be willing to queue for hours and hours again to reclaim my perfect spot. He's helped me so much over the years but he doesn't owe me anything.

This. I'm not sure if I would be able to make it if the gig was rescheduled but if I did, I'd definitely queue again. I was really pleased with my spot. And everyone in the queue was lovely too. ;)

I was also at Liverpool, but this time I got seats and we were in the lower tier of block 3. I didn't see the cup hit him, but saw the liquid and the look on his face as he stood up... It was like same look as if your mum or your absolute favourite teacher would do when you have done something which has made them very disappointed with you. It was quite sad. I don't like crowds so always stand at the back, but when we were at the Apollo in May I got lager spilled down my back by a very drunk lad. He could hardly stand up. There were loads of lads charging up and down with drinks. But then every concert we go to is like this.

I don't blame him one bit for not continuing the concert. However, I wish they would get a move on and decide if it's going to be rescheduled or we get a refund, and we can move on from this!

Didn't blame him last Saturday, and don't blame him now. Fully understand that he ddn't come back on. I'm just sad I probably won't be able to come all the way from Norway for a (possible) new gig, but that's not M's fault.

Was the guy who threw the bottle/cup actually found?

I feel exactly the same as I did when it happened - I agreed with Morrissey leaving the stage, I don't like the term 'walked off', it's been used by some elements of the press to imply that he did something wrong. As it was happening, I was shouting for him to come back on but then it became obvious he wasn't coming back. I don't think I'll be able to do the gig again if it's re-scheduled because the whole round trip cost me in excess of 200 quid, although I made the most of it despite the incident and enjoyed the Quarry night. Morrissey was right and I fully support him.

Was at the arena again last night for the Artic Monkeys. Security was over the top.It took 20 mins just to get in but what a waste of time that was because the bar was still serving drinks but in plastic glasses. The stage was pelted with glasses throughout but obviously no walk off as they probably expect that.

Shite gig by the way

Was at the arena again last night for the Artic Monkeys. Security was over the top.It took 20 mins just to get in but what a waste of time that was because the bar was still serving drinks but in plastic glasses. The stage was pelted with glasses throughout but obviously no walk off as they probably expect that.

Shite gig by the way

We went to see the Pogues in 1991(?) at Manchester Apollo, and there was a massive cage around the stage! Just booked tickets for December for me and my daughter.

The Echo Arena have obviously learned their lesson..

exactly:straightface:

They need to get a grip, all the evidence was on the floor as we left the venue last Saturday and they are doing nothing about it as they need to make money by selling alcohol.

"The stage was pelted with glasses throughout but obviously no walk off as they probably expect that."
Morrissey doesn't expect that (rightly so)and why should they? ...........oh, I see, they're done well for themslves, how dare they. Let's put them back in their place.

So its ok for the Arctic Monkeys to have drinks thrown at them playing their difficult (read crap) third album but not for HRH Morrissey? Whats the difference??? Seriously?

What he did last Saturday was unforgivable to thousands of people who'd paid £35/40 for a night out. In my opinion. Take your heads out of his bottom. Noone deserves to have stuff chucked at their noggin but equally one would expect AT AN ARENA SHOW for the artist to dust themselves off and GET ON WITH IT.......

So its ok for the Arctic Monkeys to have drinks thrown at them playing their difficult (read crap) third album but not for HRH Morrissey? Whats the difference??? Seriously?

What he did last Saturday was unforgivable to thousands of people who'd paid £35/40 for a night out. In my opinion. Take your heads out of his bottom. Noone deserves to have stuff chucked at their noggin but equally one would expect AT AN ARENA SHOW for the artist to dust themselves off and GET ON WITH IT.......

Because the Arctic Monkeys are wank and would deserve such a punishment for inflicting their drivel upon the world.

oK here's were I get the worst hate mail ever, but i completly agree with you

Sorry guys!

Sorry guys!

No need for apology, I and many others agree. Morrissey was not injured and could have continued if he chose to, but he chose to walk away and disregard 10,000 genuine fans. I just can't forgive him for that when he had the choice to continue DESPITE the beer thrower, rather than cancel because of it. Loyalty works both ways. I have been showered with beer before now at Morrissey gigs, it's unpleasant and idiotic, but I did not leave. Morrissey showed no evidence of consideration for the true fans when he said "Goodbye". No statement since. How can we not feel taken for granted under the circumstances?

Re: Security

Am not sure how great the security is for Morrissey re:bag searches etc.

At Brentwood I walked into the Leisure Centre from a work meeting and still had my large bag with me full of papers etc, it was very heavy - it could have concealed anything, weapons . . . anything - did anyone look inside? No

Did anyone stop me? No.

Not very impressed and everywhere sells the drink in copious amounts - when I was (much) younger and a ticket for The Smiths cost £4.00 . . . you never saw anyone with a drink after the opening act came on, if at all.

That was in the 'olden' days but I look 22years old - as one security man said at Alexander Palace! :)

Am so looking forward to Morrissey's return, he will be showered with total love from the heavens.

Re: Security

Sorry guys!

Don't be sorry. Who do you think made those tags? ;)

Am so looking forward to Morrissey's return, he will be showered with total love from the heavens.

I hope it's not bottled. :D

Tags
bluebirds=right morrizsey=right
Back
Top Bottom