Living On Your Own

One day I will live on my own when the kids have left and I shall love it.When they are at school and its just me i love it.

I'm happy being alone and i seriously could be the last person on earth and i be happy.Me and the dogs.

One day I will live on my own when the kids have left and I shall love it.When they are at school and its just me i love it.

I'm happy being alone and i seriously could be the last person on earth and i be happy.Me and the dogs.

I must admit I have missed my little dog since he was put to sleep. We were inseperable:tears: I never felt alone when I had him.

I could never imagine living on my own. However, this week everyone else who lives in the house is away and I'm LOVING it. But not sure how it would be in the long-term?
When I decided to move to London, I lived in a house share. I lived in various house shares (some good, some awful) and when the last one came to an end, I just could not cope with living in another. It bankrupted me, but I decided to go it alone. Litrally half my wages went on renting a shoebox of a flat, but I didn't ever regret it! I stayed there until hubby and I decided to live together. We now live in a slightly bigger shoe box! :D I have to say, it can be scary living alone (no more horror films!) and expensive, but you get utter peacee and quiet. Being ill alone though...not fun. I'm a teacher, and we had an outbreat of Scarlet Fever. I ended up being quarantined for a week, which was not fun.

I can't wait to live on my own as long as I have family and friends nearby. I can go a bit stir crazy after a while. I start talking to myself :rolleyes:

I can't wait to live on my own as long as I have family and friends nearby. I can go a bit stir crazy after a while. I start talking to myself :rolleyes:
oh yeah, if you live alone, you end up doing that alot, but you kind of get used to it! I've had the cat since before I moved out of my last house share though, so I guess I've never been on my own on my own

and the worst, being ill all alone.

Couldn't agree with you more. I lived alone last year, for about 6 months, and I absolutely loved it. But when I fell really ill and I couldn't look after myself, it was my husband whom I called first and he came to rescue me. :sweet:

Bad - long cold winter nights with no-one to cuddle up to in bed.

I fail to see how that is a bad thing. Personally, I could never tolerate anyone sleeping in the same bed as I do. That's just me.

Opening Christmas/Birthday presents on your own, and the worst, being ill all alone.

You don't have family, friends, acquaintances, hobbies, places to go or social activities to participate in on the holidays?

Same for being ill: You don't have a single friend, family member or anything to pay you a visit?

I can't wait, really. I can't because I'm investing my money on education and my music equipment right now I really can't afford to pay the rent of an appartment even if I had a room mate.

Couldn't agree with you more. I lived alone last year, for about 6 months, and I absolutely loved it. But when I fell really ill and I couldn't look after myself, it was my husband whom I called first and he came to rescue me. :sweet:

When I was really ill last Christmas I had to go and stay with my ex-husband, who nursed me back to health. Bless him!

I've never lived alone. Ever. Sometimes when I housesit for others, the longest stretches I've ever lived alone, after about three days I have to talk to someone or else I feel I might implode. My brain goes in circles and circles with ideas, even with the outlet of talking to you guys, I still need to see faces and hear people speak. So I'll sit in a cafe and watch people drink coffee, then I'm sort of cured.

Last edited by a moderator:
i looked after my ex wife at xmas when she took ill, it was the closest ive ever been to her. it was a pleasure. the only problem was she got better and went bake home. how sad.

i looked after my ex wife at xmas when she took ill, it was the closest ive ever been to her. it was a pleasure. the only problem was she got better and went bake home. how sad.

Were you and Musley MARRIED??????? :eek:

I've never lived alone. Ever. Sometimes when I housesit for others, the longest stretches I've ever lived alone, after about three days I have to talk to someone or else I feel I might implode. My brain goes in circles and circles with ideas, even with the outlet of talking to you guys, I still need to see faces and hear people speak. So I'll sit in a cafe and watch people drink coffee, then I'm sort of cured.

This is precisely the reason I have never done it either. I would feel so cut off after a short while. Also, I can imagine I'd become a complete hermit and never leave the house. Without having this comp in front of me now I would go mad!!

Back
Top Bottom