London - Alexandra Palace (Mar. 9, 2018) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You'll Be Gone / I Started Something I Couldn't Finish / I Wish You Lonely / Glamorous Glue / Who Will Protect Us From The Police? / How Soon Is Now? / The Bullfighter Dies / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / Jack The Ripper / Home Is A Question Mark / I Bury The Living / Back On The Chain Gang / Spent The Day In Bed / When You Open Your Legs / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / My Love, I'd Do Anything For You / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Hold On To Your Friends / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage // Judy Is A Punk / Irish Blood, English Heart

Setlist provided by an anonymous person.

Last edited:
Venue didnt have a clue. Attitude and behaviour of stewards appalling. Witnessed several fans being manhandled outside after the show, including a woman being dragged across the forecourt. Only venue ive ever been where you go inside pre show, then outside to queue to get back in again. But great gig and Moz right on his game .

Venue didnt have a clue. Attitude and behaviour of stewards appalling. Witnessed several fans being manhandled outside after the show, including a woman being dragged across the forecourt. Only venue ive ever been where you go inside pre show, then outside to queue to get back in again. But great gig and Moz right on his game .
They definitely weren't prepared for the London Moz Army.

Last edited:
It's actually a bit weird , Morrissey does pull a definite high proportion of naff people now . I'm not even talking about edgy or unpredictable just naff.

I've seen a few fights at Morrissey shows over last few years and it seems to be bald fat blokes in their 40's who dress and look like the kind of blokes you see in a Wetherspoons on a saturday night . Just really mainstream naff old blokes who get lairy after a beer, not even the stylish kind of thugs that Morrissey wishes he had .

His audience is getting more and more uncool and normal and no style as the years go on .

Also I have never seen more static crowds at a Morrissey show than on this tour , except for the faithful at the front everyone stands there with glazed bored eyes during I would say at least half of the set and only come alive on certain tunes . But when you have a set which features two to three covers and songs as pedestrian as If You Don't Like Me which is one of the dullest songs from Swords then I guess that is what you will get .

Morrissey shows used to be unpredictable , celebratory events that you came out of feeling alive and energised now as much as I still like the guy I always seem to come out feeling slightly underwhelmed and just thinking yeah that was alright I suppose
'Energised and alive' is exactly how I and others felt after moshing at the front. You should've pushed your way up there like I did and you would've enjoyed it.

'Energised and alive' is exactly how I and others felt after moshing at the front. You should've pushed your way up there like I did and you would've enjoyed it.
This is 100% correct. I was at Brixton, really enjoyed it (mainly the thrilling opening with Playboys and Suedehead) - however Brixton crowd was static, and I was only about 10 back from front. I didn't want to have the exact same experience a second time, so came to Ally Pally with plan of (a) drinking more and (b) getting down front to make the most of it and encourage others to do the same. It was conoletely awesome, and down there you could see how much M was feeding off the energy. Yet on train home, everybody else was saying great show, they wanted to have a great time but main crowd not fun enough. A very sad situation! Conclusion: life is too short to let others stop you enjoying yourself (in general, but esp. at M gigs). The fun was most definitely there to be had, you get back what you put in. To hell with those with wrong attitude. Please let's all make the next tour as fun as it should be! If you don't... Well f*** you I'll be down the front anyway making the most of life and what M can give to me. PS. how great was Jack the Ripper. Again, the smoke/light effects maximised by being down front and having M's silhouette towering over you. A priceless and unique moment

This is 100% correct. I was at Brixton, really enjoyed it (mainly the thrilling opening with Playboys and Suedehead) - however Brixton crowd was static, and I was only about 10 back from front. I didn't want to have the exact same experience a second time, so came to Ally Pally with plan of (a) drinking more and (b) getting down front to make the most of it and encourage others to do the same. It was conoletely awesome, and down there you could see how much M was feeding off the energy. Yet on train home, everybody else was saying great show, they wanted to have a great time but main crowd not fun enough. A very sad situation! Conclusion: life is too short to let others stop you enjoying yourself (in general, but esp. at M gigs). The fun was most definitely there to be had, you get back what you put in. To hell with those with wrong attitude. Please let's all make the next tour as fun as it should be! If you don't... Well f*** you I'll be down the front anyway making the most of life and what M can give to me. PS. how great was Jack the Ripper. Again, the smoke/light effects maximised by being down front and having M's silhouette towering over you. A priceless and unique moment
I feel exactly the same!!! It's like you've stepped into my body and quoted from my actual brain. I was one of those dancing at the front at Brixton too, to the annoyance of the statics.

I hate racists. That's all you need to know, you gobbet of ordure. Robinson and Britain First get locked up for espousing their views. I never will. So up yours.
Uncleskinny staunch defender of democracy. Not even trying to hide the fact he is a bleeding anti democrat with no morals who goes to Prague to weep over communist memoribilia despite the fact he could have moved to a communist country ages ago to live the dream.

Whenever i read one of your posts, i always get the distinct impression that you spend a lot of your time with a dildo stuck up your arse. Can’t think why.
No, I talk out of my arse and the evidence is in the football thread cause Phill Gatenby never signs his posts anymore but we know he is the anon that revealed my secret.

The Up Coming:

Morrissey at Alexandra Palace. 4/5*s by Selina Begum.

Morrissey-at-Alexandra-Palace-Selina-Begum-The-Upcoming-Featured-1.jpg

"Legendary Smiths frontman appears onstage to rapturous applause, with social critic James Baldwin’s backdrop setting the scene, Morrissey in a deep V-neck shirt. The 10,250-capacity venue is filled to its brim, the most avid fans at the front row, bequiffed, swinging gladioli and homemade love letters, one even with hearing aids, a reference to Bigmouth Strikes Again. A bold start to the set, the Mancunian icon covers Elvis Presley’s You’ll Be Gone, with panache, his voice perfectly befitting the Latin style."

https://www.theupcoming.co.uk/2018/03/10/morrissey-at-alexandra-palace-live-review/

Lots of pictures and positive review.
Regards,
FWD.

But, but, UnckleSkinny told us that this concert was very very static and lame...

Would also like to know what this is about... it really bloody annoyed me at Brixton that he's closing shows with two minutes of drone music and a fkn GIF :'(
isn't the music from 'Israel'?

Regards,
FWD.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom