London-based Smiths tribute band seek drummer

The Joneses

We are an established Smiths tribute act called The Joneses looking to replace our drummer who has a new baby to attend to.

We've been together a little over a year and in that time we've gigged regularly in London and Margate where crowds have been really receptive, so in 2018 we're looking to go further afield. We rehearse weekly in west London, usually a Thursday evening but this isn't set in stone.

We have a charity gig booked for the end of March in Birmingham, so would need someone to be up to speed by then, and we'd be looking to have other gigs in place for around this time once we have a new drummer in place.

Here's a video of some of the highlights of our 2017 shows; email [email protected] if you'd like to join the ride.

Haha! I'm not sure he's the type of team player we're looking for.

Mike's very much a team player, and he wants his 'equal' share ! get it in writing ! :lbf:

anyways, tell your drummer to get a baby sitter, where's his priorities anyways ! :lbf:

I think either A: It's obvious what I mean and you understand completely, or B: Your Mozbotliness is so terminal that it extends to off key shrieking provided a person has a pocketful of posies. Funny, given all the shit you direct at Johnny for attempting to sing the songs he helped pen.

Or C: I honestly don't know what your first comment and reply to my post means.

It is C.

& No reason to get all nasty. Bad day ?

You basically said that the singer in this tribute band should get a baby to tend to? no? and I was simply asking you why, you're the one that is being difficult and argumentive. Nor do I understand your video post.

Or C: I honestly don't know what your first comment and reply to my post means.

It is C.

& No reason to get all nasty. Bad day ?

You basically said that the singer in this tribute band should get a baby to tend to? no? and I was simply asking you why, you're the one that is being difficult and argumentive. Nor do I understand your video post.
Yeah, bad day, honestly. I could speak more kindly, and thank you for pointing it out. I'll rectify that because I don't pride myself on meanness.

Perhaps the highlights of this video would be higher with an investment in some stage monitors, but I find the vocals way off. My apologies to the band as well. Passion counts, otherwise I'd never listen to Joy Division.

Thanks for the interest, we found a new drummer and are lining up dates at the moment.

I thought the original post about the singer was funny, and I'm sure he would too. He would admit his main talent is theatricality.

Even if I do say so myself, I think the band are pretty good though and certainly cut fewer corners than any of the tributes I've seen. We are aware of our limitations though, so we ever charge £5 for tickets.

Yeah, bad day, honestly. I could speak more kindly, and thank you for pointing it out. I'll rectify that because I don't pride myself on meanness.

Perhaps the highlights of this video would be higher with an investment in some stage monitors, but I find the vocals way off. My apologies to the band as well. Passion counts, otherwise I'd never listen to Joy Division.

sorry, just getting to this now. Thanks for the reply. I don't care for tribute bands at all, but watching that video I could see these people are just having fun, 'it's not low-life, it's just people having a good time' and I don't think they would be upset if no one took them seriously, I mean in the same way that people(like I do) take to heart bands that write their own music or the kind of music that Joy Division did.

Tags
drums tribute band
Back
Top Bottom