London - Brixton Academy (Mar. 1, 2018) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

The Last Of The Famous International Playboys / I Wish You Lonely / Suedehead / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage / My Love, I'd Do Anything For You / The Bullfighter Dies / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / When You Open Your Legs / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / I Bury The Living / Back On The Chain Gang / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Home Is A Question Mark / Who Will Protect Us From The Police? / Spent The Day In Bed / Jack The Ripper / Hold On To Your Friends / How Soon Is Now? / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Judy Is A Punk // Irish Blood, English Heart

Setlist provided by an anonymous person.

• Morrissey review: Big mouth strikes with more shock and awe by Rick Pearson (3 of 5 stars, 1 photo by Angela Lubrano) - London Evening Standard. Link posted by an anonymous person.

42364_london-brixton.jpg
  • Morrissey's quest to be disliked continues - Brixton Academy, review by Chris Harvey (3 of 5 stars, 1 photo by Angela Lubrano) - The Telegraph. Link posted by Famous when dead.
  • Morrissey, Brixton Academy, London — classics and clunkers by Ludovic Hunter-Tilney (2 of 5 stars, 1 photo by Angela Lubrano) - Financial Times. Link posted by Famous when dead.

Last edited:
new songs: playboys and Judy is a punk. Dropped: you'll be gone and I started something I couldn't finish.

Love the statement Cocteau twins, hate the American statement. ..it takes strength to be gentle and kind apparently you cant....dont ever forget no matter how bad America seems now if it wasn't for Americans there would be no ENGLAND
Hang on now, are you another american claiming you won the war for them?
You need to study it cause the brits saved your arses on a number of occasions and this is how war works. British and other troops make up the first wave then the americans came with bomb planes way up in the sky when the war was more or less over. This is a fact that you can find if you study these things and when americans did fight on their own they lost every way and Vietnam was just one little shambles in a row of many more.
But you sure win the returning body bags contest hands down!

Mind your manners there, Captain Colonial. You’re not in a position to judge ANYONE based on their country of origin. You’re spawn of the most cock-eyed, inbred, dentally devoid scum to ever grace this planet.

Sometimes it’s wise to know which way the gun is pointing before you yell, “I see the whites of their eyes”.
Hahaha, swedes famous abroad for their good looks especially by americans.
Moz singing "You're too good to be jew can't take my eyes off of you" was the highlight tonight according to those that were there.
Redneck americans with banjo at the ready is the real America.

Okay here is my whistle stop review of Brixton. Moz came out and powered into Last of the Famous, which is a nice treat! Not played since 2012/13 from my recollection, and on greatest hits tour of course. Crowd loved it and there was good energy in the standing, again full to capacity despite adverse weather, couldn't see the seats so no update on fullness (said sold out on the sign outside). Then we went into the classic routine we've seen in Leeds, Newcastle, brum. Pacing was good at most points, again a few petty squabbles around me, pushing and phones being held like landing beacons again the culprit! He was much chattier than in Leeds, thabked the crowd for the 4th London show, "in reverse order". Notably, only one smiths song, having dropped started something, how soon is now was gorgeous, very nice rendition into everyday, which was then riffed into a few squirrelled lines of you're the one for me fatty, again. Then the roof came off with Judy is punk, which the punks next to me, again having barged late on, enjoyed immensely, until two of them got dragged over the barrier. Then a hurried Irish blood, no shirt toss, blazer was back on, no blame on moz for that because it was freezing outside and fairly cold in. Surprised he didn't spend the day in bed ;) apologies. You can't really ask for more than that, Judy was the first time played in England, always been in Japan, Mexico, us previously. Overall, I would rate this as the best of the tour so far, although we've lost a song somewhere compared to numbers before, Aberdeen, Nukehastle. And it was better than numerous shows of recent past, it was better than hull, it was equal to Manchester, it was worse than o2 in 2013. All in all, super impressed. Nice night X

Mind your manners there, Captain Colonial. You’re not in a position to judge ANYONE based on their country of origin. You’re spawn of the most cock-eyed, inbred, dentally devoid scum to ever grace this planet.

Sometimes it’s wise to know which way the gun is pointing before you yell, “I see the whites of their eyes”.
The reason we're not inbred is because we have the oldest church books in the world unlike you. Please stay to facts when debating please.

I see the world is making fun of the brits hit by a little snow and cold. The Arsenal players turned into the cast of "Frozen" tonight and City were just taking the piss.

LOL

Edit: Ah, better still. Urbanus is here. What nationality are you, old chap?

As far as I know Urbanus isn’t British, unless he wishes to correct me.

Please carry on jumping to conclusions though, as it makes you look really clever.
LOL

Brits are made up of wood from teeth to the wind up key at the back of everything they use. But I do envy the men for having wings instead of ears cause flying anywhere you like must be really cool.

Hang on now, are you another american claiming you won the war for them?
You need to study it cause the brits saved your arses on a number of occasions and this is how war works. British and other troops make up the first wave then the americans came with bomb planes way up in the sky when the war was more or less over. This is a fact that you can find if you study these things and when americans did fight on their own they lost every way and Vietnam was just one little shambles in a row of many more.
But you sure win the returning body bags contest hands down!
...and when you say “Brits”, of course you mean the colonial forces that saved YOUR asses, won the war and have been doing just fine since, while you’ve been learning - as a nation - to brush your teeth.

Come hard, with facts, or ZIP-IT, li’l fella.

Does anyone know where the backdrop image for 'The Last of the FamousInternationall Playboys' is from?

The reason we're not inbred is because we have the oldest church books in the world unlike you. Please stay to facts when debating please.
Did you just brag about your legacy of sky fairy bullshit and then invoke something about facts?

Give your wee noggin’ a shake, shooter. You’re making ignorant soup in a cracked cauldron.

Just a thought - people complaining about the crowd being 'a poor crowd'......I know what you mean, believe me I do. As an Arsenal supporter, I have just sat through a match, two matches, a season, 10 seasons, when the team gives increasingly little for the crowd to cheer.

Chicken & egg?

The same is true with Moz. Whilst you continue to buy tickets to hear him play most of his latest dismal offering, complemented by a chunk of his previous equally forgettable album, the downward spiral will continue.

It is a lot like like Wenger...'I am the only holder of the truth, you MUST like this......finishing fourth is a trophy...'

Self-indulgent bollocks, he may as well stick a cape on and play 15 minute keyboard solos.

Does no-one give him a good slap and tell him, 'for f***'s sake, play some tunes that they love'?....not a 90 second Ramones cover then f*** off looking smug.

Why would you continually, willingly, stubbornly, snatch defeat, from the jaws of victory?

Just a thought - people complaining about the crowd being 'a poor crowd'......I know what you mean, believe me I do. As an Arsenal supporter, I have just sat through a match, two matches, a season, 10 seasons, when the team gives increasingly little for the crowd to cheer.

Chicken & egg?

The same is true with Moz. Whilst you continue to buy tickets to hear him play most of his latest dismal offering, complemented by a chunk of his previous equally forgettable album, the downward spiral will continue.

It is a lot like like Wenger...'I am the only holder of the truth, you MUST like this......finishing fourth is a trophy...'

Self-indulgent bollocks, he may as well stick a cape on and play 15 minute keyboard solos.

Does no-one give him a good slap and tell him, 'for f***'s sake, play some tunes that they love'?....not a 90 second Ramones cover then f*** off looking smug.

Why would you continually, willingly, stubbornly, snatch defeat, from the jaws of victory?
Please rant some more and has Wenger been sacked yet and been replaced with Gary Neville?
He was on fire outside Emirapes before kick off tonight.

Best gig of the tour so far. Every one has been nothing short of great. Special that tonight. X

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom