London - Brixton Academy (Mar. 1, 2018) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

The Last Of The Famous International Playboys / I Wish You Lonely / Suedehead / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage / My Love, I'd Do Anything For You / The Bullfighter Dies / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / When You Open Your Legs / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / I Bury The Living / Back On The Chain Gang / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Home Is A Question Mark / Who Will Protect Us From The Police? / Spent The Day In Bed / Jack The Ripper / Hold On To Your Friends / How Soon Is Now? / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Judy Is A Punk // Irish Blood, English Heart

Setlist provided by an anonymous person.

• Morrissey review: Big mouth strikes with more shock and awe by Rick Pearson (3 of 5 stars, 1 photo by Angela Lubrano) - London Evening Standard. Link posted by an anonymous person.

42364_london-brixton.jpg
  • Morrissey's quest to be disliked continues - Brixton Academy, review by Chris Harvey (3 of 5 stars, 1 photo by Angela Lubrano) - The Telegraph. Link posted by Famous when dead.
  • Morrissey, Brixton Academy, London — classics and clunkers by Ludovic Hunter-Tilney (2 of 5 stars, 1 photo by Angela Lubrano) - Financial Times. Link posted by Famous when dead.

Last edited:
Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Tamest mosh pit ever. I chose Brixton as its normally the best. Very youngish crowd. No moshing at all. Too polite. Too sanitised. But the set was fabulous. I wanted to go mental but I would have been the only one and probably ejected!

Last edited by a moderator:
Please rant some more and has Wenger been sacked yet and been replaced with Gary Neville?
He was on fire outside Emirapes before kick off tonight.
Mark Judge was spot-on. More substance in his comment than you’ll muster in an entire lifetime of slurping at Morrissey’s balls, hoping that his impotence is just a phase.

Oh Moz I read you do Last Of the Famous and then I discover you've dropped I Started Something and Irish Blood. Still that's a cracking start to a gig along with Suedehead and Lonely and must have been a great experience in the old lady of Brixton.

Until the midset lull. Yawning and laughing

Just a thought - people complaining about the crowd being 'a poor crowd'......I know what you mean, believe me I do. As an Arsenal supporter, I have just sat through a match, two matches, a season, 10 seasons, when the team gives increasingly little for the crowd to cheer.

Chicken & egg?

The same is true with Moz. Whilst you continue to buy tickets to hear him play most of his latest dismal offering, complemented by a chunk of his previous equally forgettable album, the downward spiral will continue.

It is a lot like like Wenger...'I am the only holder of the truth, you MUST like this......finishing fourth is a trophy...'

Self-indulgent bollocks, he may as well stick a cape on and play 15 minute keyboard solos.

Does no-one give him a good slap and tell him, 'for f***'s sake, play some tunes that they love'?....not a 90 second Ramones cover then f*** off looking smug.

Why would you continually, willingly, stubbornly, snatch defeat, from the jaws of victory?

Interesting comparison. Morrissey is only trolling hinself. And his band and supporters still stay true to him.
Wenger could take The whole of Arsenal down with him. The players don't play for him (I mean f***ing Ozil wtf) and Arsenal TV is the funniest thing on youtube

Oh Moz I read you do Last Of the Famous and then I discover you've dropped I Started Something and Irish Blood. Still that's a cracking start to a gig along with Suedegead and Lonely and must have been a great experience in the old lady of Brixton.

Interesting comparison. Morrissey is only trolling hinself. And his band and supporters still stay true to him.
Wenger could take The whole of Arsenal down with him. The players don't play for him (I mean f***ing Ozil wtf) and Arsenal TV is the funniest thing on youtube
True that and Arsenal and Wenger is the number one subject across the world tonight and tomorrow and for weeks to come. Özil was thinking to himself how lucky Sanchez was to get a move to United.

Danny "Bambi on ice" Welbeck pathetic again and that armenian Mkhitaryan will soon go for a sex change and go on the cast with his natives in the Kardashian family. Him and Caitlyn Jenner will shop till they drop.

Tamest mosh pit ever. I chose Brixton as its normally the best. Very youngish crowd. No moshing at all. Too polite. Too sanitised. But the set was fabulous. I wanted to go mental but I would have been the only one and probably ejected!

Just home from a great night at Brixton Academy - Morrissey was on top form and sounded fab.
The crowd were wonderfully receptive - It was cold outside but the night was hot on the inside.
The staging was fantastic and the band sounded awesome... I was pleased even I'm nonplussed with the new album.

It's amazing how she knew. It's almost like she's married to one of the band.
Given she mentioned it mid January - it's probably more her wish coming true than anything else. Can't imagine the set list in one venue was that set in stone 45 days ago.
FWD.

LOL

Brits are made up of wood from teeth to the wind up key at the back of everything they use. But I do envy the men for having wings instead of ears cause flying anywhere you like must be really cool.

Despite everything Urbanus - your ability to effortlessly mimic a low level Nazi, for example, I rather like you, but I think I should mention in passing that although you write English very well some of it reads as if it might have been edited out of a Lemony Snicket novel.

Review of Morrissey at the Brixton Academy, london 1/3/18

The first of Morrissey's four London shows kick-started with a little something special from him to us: "The last of the international playboys". The crowd absolutely loved it and it felt very Morrissey.

The concert continued with mainly songs from the last album and the volume was a bit low, the sound only ok and crowd timid. All of these things nothing out of the ordinary though, and all was really quite fine. "Munich air disaster" was rather beautiful and the footage helped transpire a sense of Mancunian grief that couldn't or wouldn't fit or suit many other acts. (I can only think of the Roses.)

"The third Israel song" from the Low in High school album that opens with Moz singing about leaving a dodgy (?) club in Tel Aviv followed suit and felt close to his heart. Old b-side "If you don't like me.." was lovely and felt suitable in these days when western liberalism sometimes seems rather narrow and intolerant. "Who will protect us from the police?" reminded us that it is as a rebel and a punk, more than anything, he should be seen, appreciated and thought of. Heavy and tough, it proved a success live.

"Spent the day" was a crowd favourite. And of course, it would be. A catchy song with an arch-classic Moz message of not leaving the sheets; a message that points back to Your arsenal days (and making us long for them):

You're just another fool with radical views
You're just another who has maddening views
You want to turn it on its head
By staying in bed!"
I said: "I know I do"

The fans had filled the place up and they were respectful, focused, quite mature and very... white. Boring? Yes, but not annoyingly so.

"Jack the Ripper" with its red stage lighting felt maybe not as emotionally strong as previously on this tour and Vauxhall and I piece "Hold on to your friends" failed to mirror that albums top place among Moz's creations. Smiths "How soon is now" was the highlight of the show and Brixton Academy vibrated of love and praise for one of the most important, honest and integrity-filled pop-persons Britain has (ever had).

Then it was wrapped up with a sing-along "Everyday is like Sunday" and "Irish blood..." as an encore with a little punk glam snippet in the cover of Ramones "Judy is a punk" squeezed in between; rather lovely, really. For me, that cover was one of the most adorable moments of the show: Morrissey, the proud, manly and clever one, letting his quiff down in a playful and naive punk tribute to the love and roots of his youth.

It was a nice show that warmed us up and made the journey home, through snow-filled London streets, almost glimmer.

Thank you.

Last edited:
The version of Playboys is atrocious. Jesse and the boys really muddled that up with all of the noise.

moz oh we love ya.

yeah the set list could have done with another smiths tune or a few more solo hits but who cares. happy to still see him and his voice is unreal. Who has b sides like Munich and jack the ripper.....no one!!!

Review of Morrissey at the Brixton Academy, london 1/3/18

The first of Morrissey's four London shows kick-started with a little something special from him to us: "The last of the international playboys". The crowd absolutely loved it and it felt very Morrissey.

The concert continued with mainly songs from the last album and the volume was a bit low, the sound only ok and crowd timid. All of these things nothing out of the ordinary though, and all was really quite fine. "Munich air disaster" was rather beautiful and the footage helped transpire a sense of Mancunian grief that couldn't or wouldn't fit or suit many other acts. (I can only think of the Roses.)

"The third Israel song" from the Low in High school album that opens with Moz singing about leaving a dodgy (?) club in Tel Aviv followed suit and felt close to his heart. Old b-side "If you don't like me.." was lovely and felt suitable in these days when western liberalism sometimes seems rather narrow and intolerant. "Who will protect us from the police?" reminded us that it is as a rebel and a punk, more than anything, he should be seen, appreciated and thought of. Heavy and tough, it proved a success live.

"Spent the day" was a crowd favourite. And of course, it would be. A catchy song with an arch-classic Moz message of not leaving the sheets; a message that points back to Your arsenal days (and making us long for them):

You're just another fool with radical views
You're just another who has maddening views
You want to turn it on its head
By staying in bed!"
I said: "I know I do"

The fans had filled the place up and they were respectful, focused, quite mature and very... white. Boring? Yes, but not annoyingly so.

"Jack the Ripper" with its red stage lighting felt maybe not as emotionally strong as previously on this tour and Vauxhall and I piece "Hold on to your friends" failed to mirror that albums top place among Moz's creations. Smiths "How soon is now" was the highlight of the show and Brixton Academy vibrated of love and praise for one of the most important, honest and integrity-filled pop-persons Britain has (ever had).

Then it was wrapped up with a sing-along "Everyday is like Sunday" and "Irish blood..." as an encore with a little punk glam snippet in the cover of Ramone's "Judy is a punk" squeezed in between; rather lovely, really. For me, that cover was one of the most adorable moments of the show: Morrissey, the proud, manly and clever one, letting his quiff down in a playful and naive punk tribute to the love and roots of his youth.

It was a nice show that warmed us up and made the journey home, through snow-filled London streets, almost glimmer.

Thank you.
Proper Morrissey review! Thank you. For those who’d like an abridged version...

Opened with one of his best songs EVER.
Crowd was white and sucked, as always.
Show dwindled into nothingness until EDISL.
Best track was a poor, karaoke version of How Soon Is Now?
We went home in the snow.

Anything I’m leaving out?

Hang on now, are you another american claiming you won the war for them?
You need to study it cause the brits saved your arses on a number of occasions and this is how war works. British and other troops make up the first wave then the americans came with bomb planes way up in the sky when the war was more or less over. This is a fact that you can find if you study these things and when americans did fight on their own they lost every way and Vietnam was just one little shambles in a row of many more.
But you sure win the returning body bags contest hands down!
It's funny it looked to me like the ruthless Nazi bombed the England to pieces ,I don't remember any country coming close to USA .READ YOUR HISTORY BOOKS

Despite everything Urbanus - your ability to effortlessly mimic a low level Nazi, for example, I rather like you, but I think I should mention in passing that although you write English very well some of it reads as if it might have been edited out of a Lemony Snicket novel.
That is the nicest thing anyone has said to me.

*blushing*

LOL

Our sudden love affair on here is strange but new.

Proper Morrissey review! Thank you. For those who’d like an abridged version...

Opened with one of his best songs EVER.
Crowd was white and sucked, as always.
Show dwindled into nothingness until EDISL.
Best track was a poor, karaoke version of How Soon Is Now?
We went home in the snow.

Anything I’m leaving out?
You will soon fall asleep after having a wank. That completes a day in your life march 1st 2018. It will never ever return.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom