London dates added (O2 Academy, Brixton - Aug. 7, Palladium - Aug. 8)

On 8 March 2011 the message went out after the initial tour announcement that "these shall constitute the only Morrissey concerts in the UK for this year."

Because of this a lot of people travelled from London and the South to Scotland/the north and/or bought a day ticket for Hop Farm. Now these London dates have been thrust upon us with only a month lead up? These must have been pencilled in all along. This is a very cynical marketing ploy and their announcement comes with no amendment "contrary to previous informartion" or "by extra special demand". I find this very sad and exploitative.

Quite right, I'm pretty mad. I neded up booking for Vienna instead, great venue, front row seats (one of which I have spare ;) but costing me an arm and a leg and now can't afford to shell out for London this side of payday (day after Vienna). It's not that these have just been announced, it's the fact that we had it on good authority the Scotland/North dates would be the only ones this year. I think the judge in the royalties case was right....

Since it was mentioned again, what does mancfester even mean?

West Ham V Cardiff and Morrissey in one day....cushty!

I see those so-lowers have been at it again over those ludicrous shoes. It's doing my good name no good. No good at all... Meeting brain-injured Premiership reserve footballers is one thing, but one has to draw a line in the sand over self-promotion. One will simply not be associated with shoes that look like they should have spurs on the back of them at some Texan cowboy convention... Besides one could easily have a fatal car accident wearing those shoes...

Now hang on a moment. Who on Earth would wear those shoes? Name a single person dull, tasteless and frankly stupid enough to wear them. Yes, that's right. Joyce. he's desperate. He'll wear anything as long as it's free. Just look at him. So I wonder what might happen if I were to get Boz to buy a pair off eBay, nail on a couple of spurs, and send them on to old Joyce as an early birthday present, anonymously of course. And then he gets into the crusty Montego Van Den Plas to pop to Iceland. And my finger prints are nowhere... Deux Souliers jam the pedal down, spurs get stuck in the appalling deep pile carpet and Joyce's face hits some concrete underpass wall at seventy-five. No crumple zone in the old Montego. Thank God for British Leyland... It's Diana all over again, sans tears.

And I'll just retain a few of these old vaguely threatening poison pen letters I got Boz to write Joyce back in the late 90s... and it will look like an accident, or otherwise murder by Boz. And who will believe a man that looks like Boz? No one. Not even Weeksy would fail to see the obvious criminal gene endemic in the Boorer clan. In fact I would hazard a guess old Weeksy has sent a couple of the Boorers down. And... oh dear... His incarceration will spell the end of his rather expensive contract as musical director, clearing the way for a promotion from within for Jesse - the cheapest 'musical director' in human history. Then I can begin the search for a new lead guitarist. Now, about this charming Busted boy... I'll break even by 2012 if it's the last thing I do...

Morrissey

www.morrisseysworld.blogspot.com

Enjoy Morrissey while you can. Morrissey is the very last "pop star" on this planet. His shows are phenomenal.

London Palladium will be another memorable concert and the tickets will sell-out in 5 minutes.

So.low.com has become a sad place indeed.

What I don't understand is *why* people who don't like Morrissey (or ex-fans who don't like Morrissey *anymore*) navigate to this site to give their "perfect" advice?? He should hire Butler, Reilly, Marr, etc. He should do this, that or the other. How ego-centric is that? It's all me me me - I know best what he should do. Ridiculous!

Personally if I don't like an artist/ band, I would just leave it that, I wouldn't waste my time (or anyone else's) to post absolute drivel on their websites. I despise U2 but I couldn't be arsed to look for their website, let alone post my opinions on there.

I suppose this is the modern world where we're living in; internet has made things way too *easy*. Many of the haters here are just dropping their baits and looking for a confrontational "on-line fight" which I suppose can be fun if you haven't got anything else to do.

Enjoy Morrissey while you can. Morrissey is the very last "pop star" on this planet. His shows are phenomenal.

London Palladium will be another memorable concert and the tickets will sell-out in 5 minutes.

So.low.com has become a sad place indeed.

What I don't understand is *why* people who don't like Morrissey (or ex-fans who don't like Morrissey *anymore*) navigate to this site to give their "perfect" advice?? He should hire Butler, Reilly, Marr, etc. He should do this, that or the other. How ego-centric is that? It's all me me me - I know best what he should do. Ridiculous!

Personally if I don't like an artist/ band, I would just leave it that, I wouldn't waste my time (or anyone else's) to post absolute drivel on their websites. I despise U2 but I couldn't be arsed to look for their website, let alone post my opinions on there.

I suppose this is the modern world where we're living in; internet has made things way too *easy*. Many of the haters here are just dropping their baits and looking for a confrontational "on-line fight" which I suppose can be fun if you haven't got anything else to do.

well said

what happened to "these will constitute the only uk dates this year"? all those from the south east who drove hundreds of miles and had to pay tout prices for tickets must be very happy now...

in saying that, Moz has proved himself to be unreliable ... devious even!

Priority sale for Brixton through o2 blueroom:

2 tickets after booking fees etc comes to £86.63

f*** right off. Sorry Moz, love you and that Hop Farm show was probably my favourite Morrissey show ever but that's a disgusting price for a venue of that size with such a dire support act. Gutted but just can't justify spending that.

you're right about the gradual announcement but this is the first time he's ever told people that these (i.e. the first batch of dates) will be his only ones in the UK for the year.
cynical, sneaky and dishonest, not to mention devious and unreliable.

Typical So-Low - 2 additional Morrissey gigs and most of the posts end up being negative. Talk about being ungrateful.

The gradual announcement of batches of shows in dribs and drabs has been standard practice for Morrissey for several years. Personally, I feel it has less to do with cynical attempts to milk the fan's pockets than it does with Morrissey's own preference to keep his options open. Obviously, he feels the live shows are going well, and wants to do more. If things continue to go well, maybe ore dates (and a US tour) will be forthcoming. Why should he commit to a massive slew of dates months in advance? He doesn't owe you anything. If you can't afford to go, or don't want to go to these new shows - don't. No need to bitch about it when plenty of us are looking forward to it.

It's all me me me

Yes: and I'm bored: not even Boz Boorer wearing a "I kissed Chris Gorgonzola and I liked it" t.shirt could make me stay awake; shame, with all the effort they put in trying to annoy people: alas it takes more than a gig in Poland, a tshirt and poor Solomon Walker changing his sexual orientation...

The problem is not that people get "f***ed"; the problem is that people get forgotten;
people vanish from this site and that doesn't seem to worry anybody; I guess everyone is too busy being provocative.
"Who cares if the lunatics have gone, I still have my little piece of cheese." Right.

Morrissey, please come to Wales, it is, after all the Land of Song!
Enjoyed your shows in Plymouth & Hop Farm but perhaps you would consider Cardiff or better still Swansea? P.S. Love the shirts!!

Sounds great, but my only wish is that he announce some dates for the Midlands. A couple of Birmingham shows would be wonderfull!

I don't like this practice, but priority tickets for Brixton will be released tomorrow (Wednesday) at 9am. It's for o2 customers.

http://www.o2blueroom.co.uk/Listings/Morrissey/12607,13658

Thankyou Brel! I have just purchased my Brixton tickets via this O2 Priority service. It took a while to register but was well worth it. Regarding the Palladium gig, I will be logged-on at 9am in the morrow to attempt to secure the double!

Roll on August. Hair brushed and parted, I shall be there with a fresh flower in my lapel and a glint in my eye.

Love, Peace and Trumpton,

Boethius.

I see those so-lowers have been at it again over those ludicrous shoes. It's doing my good name no good. No good at all... Meeting brain-injured Premiership reserve footballers is one thing, but one has to draw a line in the sand over self-promotion. One will simply not be associated with shoes that look like they should have spurs on the back of them at some Texan cowboy convention... Besides one could easily have a fatal car accident wearing those shoes...

Now hang on a moment. Who on Earth would wear those shoes? Name a single person dull, tasteless and frankly stupid enough to wear them. Yes, that's right. Joyce. he's desperate. He'll wear anything as long as it's free. Just look at him. So I wonder what might happen if I were to get Boz to buy a pair off eBay, nail on a couple of spurs, and send them on to old Joyce as an early birthday present, anonymously of course. And then he gets into the crusty Montego Van Den Plas to pop to Iceland. And my finger prints are nowhere... Deux Souliers jam the pedal down, spurs get stuck in the appalling deep pile carpet and Joyce's face hits some concrete underpass wall at seventy-five. No crumple zone in the old Montego. Thank God for British Leyland... It's Diana all over again, sans tears.

And I'll just retain a few of these old vaguely threatening poison pen letters I got Boz to write Joyce back in the late 90s... and it will look like an accident, or otherwise murder by Boz. And who will believe a man that looks like Boz? No one. Not even Weeksy would fail to see the obvious criminal gene endemic in the Boorer clan. In fact I would hazard a guess old Weeksy has sent a couple of the Boorers down. And... oh dear... His incarceration will spell the end of his rather expensive contract as musical director, clearing the way for a promotion from within for Jesse - the cheapest 'musical director' in human history. Then I can begin the search for a new lead guitarist. Now, about this charming Busted boy... I'll break even by 2012 if it's the last thing I do...

Morrissey

www.morrisseysworld.blogspot.com

keep taking the tablets cock

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom