London - O2 Academy Brixton (Aug. 7, 2011) post-show

I just have to share this right now.
http://lockerz.com/s/127541861
Do you see this thing in the right corner? I thought somebody was joking earlier on when he twittered about a nude Morrissey cardboard. I have this funny feeling that Morrissey is doing a Charlie Sheen. It worked for him, because from what I read his comedy show or whatever he toured with sold pretty well. Britney Spears sold the most records ever when she went bonkers and Kate Moss was back in business amazingly quickly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazing gig. Seemed to knock all the speech from me. Had to go home alone and mourn the fact that it was over! My third time of seeing Moz, and definitely the best. Highlights for me were Alma Matters and I Know It's Over. But loved them all really. Love Art-Hounds!
Think maybe I was the girl crushed up against Chris. Maybe, anyway! If I was, absolutely don't worry, the atmosphere was amazing and I found fans much friendlier and more considerate than the last two gigs I went to.
Was all-round brilliant. Only disappointment was throwing the gladioli I took for Moz onto the stage and having them removed immediately by a security guy. Nevermind :) always next time!
Isabelle

I suppose we just have to accept now that it's come down to this. Half the comments will be a retard writing 'you are idiot' over and over and over again. Anonymously of course.:mad:

I just love the sound of the guitars during the verses in Art-Hounds. Ace!

Amazing gig. Seemed to knock all the speech from me. Had to go home alone and mourn the fact that it was over! My third time of seeing Moz, and definitely the best. Highlights for me were Alma Matters and I Know It's Over. But loved them all really. Love Art-Hounds!
Think maybe I was the girl crushed up against Chris. Maybe, anyway! If I was, absolutely don't worry, the atmosphere was amazing and I found fans much friendlier and more considerate than the last two gigs I went to.
Was all-round brilliant. Only disappointment was throwing the gladioli I took for Moz onto the stage and having them removed immediately by a security guy. Nevermind :) always next time!
Isabelle

Haha! I saw that. I felt for you. Unlucky timing.

Art-hounds sounds great! I like when his songs have a heavy sound to them. Can't wait to hear a studio version of this one!

The evidence is now overwhelming that Morrissey is the actual author of www.morrisseysworld.blogspot.com The blog told you he was going to strip FFS!

Take a look at the forum for a precis of the available evidence.

I don't think anybody really cares very much. Personally, I've never even read the blog.

Why are you so desperate to have people believe that Morrissey is responsible for it?

Amazing, wonderful song Art Hounds.. would love to read the lyrics!

does any one knows why it was not included on the brixton show on the back of the t-shirt ?

Seriously, what more could one want from a gig? All this plus Joe Dolan. Win, win, win!!!

Setlist according to AYNIM.com:

I Want The One I Can't Have
Irish Blood, English Heart
You're The One For Me, Fatty
You Have Killed Me
Scandinavia
Ouija Board, Ouija Board
Black Cloud
People Are The Same Everywhere
Alma Matters
Action Is My Middle Name
Speedway
Satellite Of Love
I Know It's Over
Everyday Is Like Sunday
There Is A Light That Never Goes Out
I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris
ART-HOUNDS (New Song!!)
Meat Is Murder
- - -
First Of The Gang To Die

Art Hounds is a real f***ing stomper. Best of the new tunes. "15 pills to send me to sleep, 15 pills to send me awake? I don't understand!" and a repeated refrain that sounded something like "My life is open".

Excellent gig. Crowd were lively and M appreciated it. "David Cameron has never been to Tottenham!" M given records and presents on numerous occassions: "Nice, nice, nice, nice....nice". During outro of Meat is Murder someone shouted "We love you Morrissey!" to which he responded with a look that said "Thanks, but this really isn't the f***ing time, is it?"

Brilliant.

Yes, it was a priceless look wasn't it. So funny.

A magical evening.

Screamingly Fun.

'You don't have to say you love me,' sang Morrissey with a playful smile.

My life is a shambles but interesting changes are afoot. It's a time of reflection. It's a time for crying. It is a time for Morrissey. All I have done for days is listen to 'Years of Refusal,' and submerge my vacant head in its angry, tender melancholy. My parents failed. I have nobody. Thankfully I still have Morrissey's music and it still gives me a black eye like no other artist. The words hurt, they lead me somewhere I can't quite guess, they kick me in the foot, whimsical laughter follows as the pain gives way, they twist in the air and then they leave me lying on the floor wishing how different life could be.

The pain I feel is because of the realisation of how much time I have wasted on mundane things.

Morrissey was just terribly GOOD FUN this evening. One of the most enjoyable shows I've seen in my life. His voice was slowed down, utterly articulate and focused, dripping with irony and sense of occasion. Each syllable delivered like bricks through the shop windows all around Brixton. Each word chosen for strange reasons, unfathomable reasons. His face doesn't quite do what a normal person's face does these days. Like all famous people, he has long since given up catering. He is who he is. A puzzled grimace, a strangely alluring smile, a considered jut of the jaw.

'I take hormones every day... a word to the wise'

'Something Albert Finney said... but it remains good advice... Don't let the b******* grind you down.'

I Want The One I Can't Have swirls like a kiddies' toddling pool, round and round. Alma Matters was sweet and salty, beautifully rendered. Speedway was a boot to the head. The 15 second pause was pre-orgasmic. Meat is Murder groaned and sailed into the spirit, augmented by images of animals and cruelty, words to inspire. Paris was as bittersweet as any of his songs, cute and mournful, encouraging a few scratchy words of song from my larynx. Everyday is Like Sunday and There is a Light squeezed us just a little by the sides of the thorax. First of the Gang to Die brought the house down. 'You Have Never Been in Love Until You've Seen the Stars Refl;ect in the Reservoirs.'

Morrissey looked magnificient. The band were great. His charisma held my gze like no other.

'Art-Hounds' was dazzling. Weirdness reminiscient of 'Mama Lay Softly on the Riverbed,' a clashing verse-chorus transition, screaming falsetto and pounding drums. A touch of 'Mute Witness' on steroids and heavy, angry drums. 'My Life is Open' he implored. 'Art-Hounds, sitting at a restaurant, very funny, very witty...' There was a sexy dollop of punk thrown into the mix and a fistful of star dust.

'Action' sounded very good in this company.

I wonder, I wonder, I wonder what the future holds.

I don't love life very much but I still love morrissey. I love his music more than ever. And I wait for his next album with a look of distress at the maelstrom of misery I endure every single day of my life. It's pathetic at my age but I still need him as much as ever. Who are we trying to kid? We all do. Who else is there? Nobody.

Broken
There is absolutely nobody else worth listening to. You're right!

Best wishes to the irregular regular that got attacked by a mob in Brixton after leaving the Quarry party. He's in hospital now with two broken legs. f***ing bastards that did it need to be found and locked up!

Best wishes to the irregular regular that got attacked by a mob in Brixton after leaving the Quarry party. He's in hospital now with two broken legs. f***ing bastards that did it need to be found and locked up!

lol!!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom