Long Beach, CA - Tropicalia Fest (Nov. 3, 2018) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

William, It Was Really Nothing / Alma Matters / I Wish You Lonely / Hairdresser On Fire / Is It Really So Strange? / The Last Of The Famous International Playboys / November Spawned A Monster / Sunny / The Bullfighter Dies / Dial-a-Cliché / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / Back On The Chain Gang / Jack The Ripper / Everyday Is Like Sunday / How Soon Is Now?

Setlist provided by Famous when dead

Last edited:
Think of Mick Jagger naked. Now that's a scary thought. Morrissey just looks like the older neighbor who shows too much ass crack while doing the gardening.
I dont want to think of Mick Jagger at all even with his clothes on he's creepy looking.
I think Morrissey showed a bit more than builders bum, not that I'm complaining

Last edited by a moderator:
He's also probably just enjoying life, eating and drinking what he likes within the confines of a vegan/vegetarian lifestyle.
Judging by his shirtless photo he's happy and comfortable in his own skin and its great to see him so.
Personally I think a bit of flesh on a body is preferable to a wizened fossil look.
He looks well considering how much travelling he does. It's hard to be completely disciplined about food when you're on the move a lot.
Wine and beer as part of the artist lifestyle probably wouldn't help either.
Overall he looks better than a lot of his contemporaries. Great to see him happy :flowers:

All I care about now is his perfect voice... and his smiles, and this set list, and this new energy, and his shirts, and... oh, these arms, too.

I know that English isn't your first language, but it certainly isn't the same as racism. Nobody is born fat, and if they are, people usually coo over what a little chubby dumpling they are. If racism was the same thing as fat shaming, then racism could be cured by a person getting on a treadmill for 30 minutes a day.

I think you are focusing on a semantic detail (you know what : forget the word “racism”).
instead of seeing the whole idea of what I meant- Which is humane & simple you choose to argue about semantics.
But maybe I’m missing the culture folklore here.. (seriously), and its a “fan thing” to be like this about the subject of your fandom.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you are focusing on a semantic detail (you know what : forget the word “racism”).
instead of seeing the whole idea of what I meant- Which is humane & simple you choose to argue about semantics.
But maybe I’m missing the culture folklore here.. (seriously), and its a “fan thing” to be like this about the subject of your fandom.
Maybe the right words could be "fat shaming" and fat shaming is a sort of discrimination, so a form of racism too.

& still, i find that judging him by his appearance is somehow un generous & mean.
a bit like accusing him of something irrelevant .. I can put it as“ageism “ (which he has little control of), it’s not the content, it’s the shell. & being judged by the shell when your not a model for instance, but an artist that already proved himself in so many ways over so many years, & that is changing physically due to the course of nature is not doing him justice, especially at a fan site.
Despite the fact he’s exposing himself physically. (In my opinion it’s similar to racism, but even if not, & I have not used the exact term, if it exists), & if you still don’t understand my point (because maybe I’m not explaining myself ideally due to lack of skill in English), then I rest my case.
It wasn’t my intention to start an argument.
That's okay, I don't like arguments either. But I would respectfully say, I think you're wrong. An ageing man strips naked, by choice, in front of thousands. He's doing it in public, therefore he's inviting people to look. If you're saying that because he's an artist, the only permitted response is 'how lovely' - or even 'no comment' - that's not very honest and is somewhat totalitarian.

We all age, but nobody forces us to parade the gory details in front of an audience.

Morrissey has frequently championed free speech in recent times, so he surely understands that means the freedom to say what people actually, honestly think - even if it's not what others want to hear.

Maybe the right words could be "fat shaming" and fat shaming is a sort of discrimination, so a form of racism too.
Dear me. He has stripped naked and invited people to look at him, it's not as if he's just pushing a trolley around Tesco's, minding his own business. If, in stripping naked, people notice he's looking a bit porky, they are likely to say this. That's a normal response. What you're proposing, with the wonky ideology of 'fat shaming', is an abnormal response, where people are not allowed to say what is patently obvious. And flies in the face of the free speech he's so fond of.

Dear me. He has stripped naked and invited people to look at him, it's not as if he's just pushing a trolley around Tesco's, minding his own business. If, in stripping naked, people notice he's looking a bit porky, they are likely to say this. That's a normal response. What you're proposing, with the wonky ideology of 'fat shaming', is an abnormal response, where people are not allowed to say what is patently obvious. And flies in the face of the free speech he's so fond of.
Freedom to speech is not freedom to shame, if you say he's gaining weight it's a legitimate opinion, you said he looks porky so you're offensive and close to a fat shamer. Do you feel the need to remark about the physical appearance of every people you know especially for the ones you don't find attractive? Someone else will do the same with you, enjoy it. Btw. Morrissey is still a very attractive man!

Freedom to speech is not freedom to shame, if you say he's gaining weight it's a legitimate opinion, you said he looks porky so you're offensive and close to a fat shamer. Do you feel the need to remark about the physical appearance of every people you know especially for the ones you don't find attractive? Someone else will do the same with you, enjoy it. Btw. Morrissey is still a very attractive man!
Do you know how Morrissey describes fat people?

He said this about Canadian Fisheries Minister Gail Shea, whilst commenting on the seal cull and wishing Ms Shea's own head to be sliced open with an axe: 'given her 78% pork girth it could take nine wielding axemen and at least six daylight hours to finish her off.'

From Autobiography, speaking about about a woman in the Jobcentre: 'She is a Dunlop bloater of such walrus proportions...her full-figured pigginess, with lard arms waving and jelly legs struggling...'

Also from Autobio, various fat references: '“a fat shop assistant”, “a fat-assed woman”, “you can sense fat-person pain”, “I am nixed like a fatty on the church steps”.

Oh, and let's not forget 'You're The One For Me, Fatty' (with the video featuring a fat actress continuously eating, who was not told the title of the song until after filming), and 'How can you stay with a fat girl, who'll say, would you like to marry me....'

Is he fat shaming as well?

Last edited:
That's okay, I don't like arguments either. But I would respectfully say, I think you're wrong. An ageing man strips naked, by choice, in front of thousands. He's doing it in public, therefore he's inviting people to look. If you're saying that because he's an artist, the only permitted response is 'how lovely' - or even 'no comment' - that's not very honest and is somewhat totalitarian.

We all age, but nobody forces us to parade the gory details in front of an audience.

Morrissey has frequently championed free speech in recent times, so he surely understands that means the freedom to say what people actually, honestly think - even if it's not what others want to hear.
I just find that remarks like: Halloween pumpkin, grandad, big tits, shell of the artist he one was,
Are offensive & disrespectful.
I didn’t mean to shut mouths, it’s of course natural to respond to his appearance as he is a public figure, but it does surprise me as a fan to see these mean words from a fan.
Why is moz a shell of his one was greatness..? Because he’s aging like a human being? That’s mean.

I just find that remarks like: Halloween pumpkin, grandad, big tits, shell of the artist he one was,
Are offensive & disrespectful.
I didn’t mean to shut mouths, it’s of course natural to respond to his appearance as he is a public figure, but it does surprise me as a fan to see these mean words from a fan.
Why is moz a shell of his one was greatness..? Because he’s aging like a human being? That’s mean.
No, because he lost his dignity. And I'm afraid that's a bit comical, and sad, no matter who you are. I do think you're taking all this a bit seriously - after all, Morrissey has said some pretty savage things about fat people himself. And if the comments bother him, maybe he should just keep his clothes on.

Last edited:
No, because he lost his dignity. And I'm afraid that's a bit comical, no matter who you are. I do think you're taking all this a bit seriously - after all, Morrissey has said some pretty savage things about fat people himself. And if the comments bother him, maybe he should just keep his clothes on.

Feels like someone is flogging a dead horse???

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom