Long live los angeles, long live indie 103, long live morrissey

great show last week.just a heads up what time will it be on this week,does any body in the world of smithdom and mozz have any idea.
thanks in advance
ed

Thank you, lottie and bucks_boy. The U.S. will be turning back the clock one hour as of tonight, so we should be in-sync again by the time of the show :thumb:.

A friendly reminder to everyone for this Sunday's edition of Breakfast with The Smiths-World of Morrissey from 9-11am PST/5-7pm GMT.

www.Indie1031.com

Cheers :guitar:,
romeogirl

Our sincere apologies to everyone tuning in this morning. Our clocks are now in-sync, but station programming apparently isn't.

We'll be working to fix this by next Sunday.

Hope you enjoyed the brain-teaser song-block of the week that did air.

And for anyone interested in helping Alain Whyte's benefit for Boxers Rescue LA, his Fender Telecaster is up for bid for about 4 more hours:thumb:...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170558849874#ht_500wt_1134

Cheers,
romeogirl

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Our sincere apologies to everyone tuning in this morning. Our clocks are now in-sync, but station programming apparently isn't.

We'll be working to fix this by next Sunday.

Hope you enjoyed the brain-teaser song-block of the week that did air.

And for anyone interested in helping Alain Whyte's benefit for Boxers Rescue LA, his Fender Telecaster is up for bid for about 4 more hours:thumb:...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170558849874#ht_500wt_1134

Cheers,
romeogirl

I was about to ask.. twas a shocker i can tell ya, (i near cried with disappointment)
so did we miss the 1st hour? cause i was tuned in @ 4.45pm and there was some other show on, how could they cut an hour from their most popular show.. *cries*
do we get 3 hours next week?
*does puppy eyes pleading*

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
i tuned in a little late at 5.15pm and was quite happy listening to the tunes whilst cooking dinner.but what a shocker just before 6pm thats it for another week.had to listen to the soul prescription on oxford fm when having dinner:tears:
bring on next sunday cant wait:)

i tuned in a little late at 5.15pm and was quite happy listening to the tunes whilst cooking dinner.but what a shocker just before 6pm thats it for another week.had to listen to the soul prescription on oxford fm when having dinner:tears:
bring on next sunday cant wait:)

it had literally just started when you tuned in. :)

Thanks very much for listening, lottie, bucks_boy, and leedoggpimp.
Regrettably, what you heard was the only portion aired. Many apologies for that. Hopefully the station has sorted it out now.

A friendly reminder for Breakfast w/The Smiths-World of Morrissey this Sunday from 9-11am PST/5-7pm GMT www.Indie1031.com

romeogirl

Last edited:
Great show this week! Really enjoyed hearing Grant Showbiz. Thanks again 103 team.

Can someone post a download of last weeks show with Grant Showbiz. I would love to hear the interview and the songs he selected.

Glad you enjoyed the show, Uncleskinny, Kewpie, lottie, sweetness522 and hk76.

A re-airing is in the works, so do stay tuned over the next few weeks.

A friendly reminder to everyone for Breakfast w/The Smiths-World of Moz this Sunday, 9-11am PST/5-7pm GMT.

www.Indie1031.com

romeogirl

Hope everyone enjoyed a nice holiday, if you celebrate any.

It has been my absolute pleasure to serve as news/show correspondent for Breakfast with The Smiths-The World of Morrissey on Indie103.1 since March 2009, a month after the show began, and three months after Indie 103.1 went off the FM dial. The opportunity to participate in two dedicated hours every week (on the Indie netwaves, no less!) to Morrissey and The Smiths was one I would have never dreamed.

I've made the personal decision that tomorrow will be my last regularly scheduled appearance on the show. It's become very clear in recent months that this is the right time to move on and dedicate myself to other projects.

The show has been a labour of love, completely volunteered, and purely for the love of Moz and the artists he supports. Thank you to all who have shown their support and encouragement of my work on the show (and the show in general), both in public and private. It has meant a great deal to me throughout my tenure on the show.

I'd like to also give enormous Thanks to David Tseng (without whom...), Jose Maldonado, April Richardson, Joe Escalante, engineers Stuart Akin (I mean, Peter Hornswaggle, III!) and Stephanie Lebow (look out for her new band 'And the Only Panda'), station producers Chuck P and (now) Nick Handman. Also to Mike Farrell, Girl in a Coma, Shizu Saldomando, Janice Whaley and Kristeen Young for joining us in the studio; call-in guests Dickie Felton and Simon Goddard; as well as Grant Showbiz, though we did not have the pleasure of meeting.

And last but opposite of least, I'd like to thank Morrissey, especially for helping in a very important way to raise our awareness against political apathy and media garble to elect President Barak Obama (who, with our elected Congress in 2010, has fought tirelessly to pass historic and much-needed health care, economic and housing reform, averting a complete Depression, invested in historic numbers in education and clean energy, and oversaw the repeal of the discriminatory Don't Ask Don't Tell military policy in the U.S.). There is still work to be done, partly to undo, but the fact that so many found a new commitment to vote their voice with the ballot and pay attention to our policymakers and not blindly accept what mainstream media feeds us is truly appreciated and cannot be lost. That Morrissey made so many of us care, some of whom hadn't before, speaks volumes. If nothing else, he's taught us that cynicism is healthy, especially if applied the right way.

In Thanks to everyone, I want to share "This Charming Man" (second night at the Roundhouse in Camden, London from 2008): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkTofDVnjlA
It'll be obvious why I don't usually video at Moz concerts, but I hope you enjoy the memory nonetheless. I recall that show as being flawless and one of the best I'd seen.

I hope listeners will choose to continue this thread for the show, reminding each other to tune in, as it was when we started...

This will be my last reminder... at least for a while...
A friendly reminder to everyone for Breakfast w/The Smiths-World of Morrissey this Sunday, 9-11am PST/5-7pm GMT.
www.Indie1031.com

romeogirl

Last edited:
:clap: The best of luck in your future endeavors, romeogirl. Beautifully captured video too.

Hope everyone enjoyed a nice holiday, if you celebrate any.

It has been my absolute pleasure to serve as news/show correspondent for Breakfast with The Smiths-The World of Morrissey on Indie103.1 since March 2009, a month after the show began, and three months after Indie 103.1 went off the FM dial. The opportunity to participate in two dedicated hours every week (on the Indie netwaves, no less!) to Morrissey and The Smiths was one I would have never dreamed.

I've made the personal decision that tomorrow will be my last regularly scheduled appearance on the show. It's become very clear in recent months that this is the right time to move on and dedicate myself to other projects.

The show has been a labour of love, completely volunteered, and purely for the love of Moz and the artists he supports. Thank you to all who have shown their support and encouragement of my work on the show (and the show in general), both in public and private. It has meant a great deal to me throughout my tenure on the show.

I'd like to also give enormous Thanks to David Tseng (without whom...), Jose Maldonado, April Richardson, Joe Escalante, engineers Stuart Akin (I mean, Peter Hornswaggle, III!) and Stephanie Lebow (look out for her new band 'And the Only Panda'), station producers Chuck P and (now) Nick Handman. Also to Mike Farrell, Girl in a Coma, Janice Whaley and Kristeen Young for joining us in the studio; call-in guests Dickie Felton and Simon Goddard; as well as Grant Showbiz, though we did not have the pleasure of meeting.

And last but opposite of least, I'd like to thank Morrissey, especially for helping in a very important way to raise our awareness against political apathy and media garble to elect President Barak Obama (who, with our elected Congress in 2010, has fought tirelessly to pass historic and much-needed health care, economic and housing reform, averting a complete Depression, invested in historic numbers in education and clean energy, and oversaw the repeal of the discriminatory Don't Ask Don't Tell military policy in the U.S.). There is still work to be done, partly to undo, but the fact that so many found a new commitment to vote their voice with the ballot and pay attention to our policymakers and not blindly accept what mainstream media feeds us is truly appreciated and cannot be lost. That Morrissey made so many of us care, some of whom hadn't before, speaks volumes. If nothing else, he's taught us that cynicism is healthy, especially if applied the right way.

In Thanks to everyone, I want to share "This Charming Man" (second night at the Roundhouse in Camden, London from 2008): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkTofDVnjlA
It'll be obvious why I don't usually video at Moz concerts, but I hope you enjoy the memory nonetheless. I recall that show as being flawless and one of the best I'd seen.

I hope listeners will choose to continue this thread for the show, reminding each other to tune in, as it was when we started...

This will be my last reminder... at least for a while...
A friendly reminder to everyone for Breakfast w/The Smiths-World of Morrissey this Sunday, 9-11am PST/5-7pm GMT.
www.Indie1031.com

romeogirl

RG, you're a good egg and will be missed. Good luck with your future endeavours.

Kate

:)

Tags
long live moz
Back
Top Bottom