Long live los angeles, long live indie 103, long live morrissey

And last but opposite of least, I'd like to thank Morrissey, especially for helping in a very important way to raise our awareness against political apathy and media garble to elect President Barak Obama.... There is still work to be done, partly to undo, but the fact that so many found a new commitment to vote their voice with the ballot and pay attention to our policymakers and not blindly accept what mainstream media feeds us is truly appreciated and cannot be lost.

Actually, the awful Obama administration is a prime example of too many people accepting what the mainstream media was feeding them. And now we have a lot more crap to undo than we did before.

And last but opposite of least, I'd like to thank Morrissey, especially for helping in a very important way to raise our awareness against political apathy and media garble to elect President Barak Obama (who, with our elected Congress in 2010, has fought tirelessly to pass historic and much-needed health care, economic and housing reform, averting a complete Depression, invested in historic numbers in education and clean energy, and oversaw the repeal of the discriminatory Don't Ask Don't Tell military policy in the U.S.). There is still work to be done, partly to undo, but the fact that so many found a new commitment to vote their voice with the ballot and pay attention to our policymakers and not blindly accept what mainstream media feeds us is truly appreciated and cannot be lost. That Morrissey made so many of us care, some of whom hadn't before, speaks volumes. If nothing else, he's taught us that cynicism is healthy, especially if applied the right way.

In Thanks to everyone, I want to share "This Charming Man" (second night at the Roundhouse in Camden, London from 2008): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkTofDVnjlA
It'll be obvious why I don't usually video at Moz concerts, but I hope you enjoy the memory nonetheless. I recall that show as being flawless and one of the best I'd seen.

I hope listeners will choose to continue this thread for the show, reminding each other to tune in, as it was when we started...

This will be my last reminder... at least for a while...
A friendly reminder to everyone for Breakfast w/The Smiths-World of Morrissey this Sunday, 9-11am PST/5-7pm GMT.
www.Indie1031.com

Cheers :guitar:,
romeogirl

Hi romeogirl

In the face of all the criticism and disappointment being voiced about Obama, I'd like to agree with you that he has made some important inroads to buck bloated tradition. The weight of a dire government situation that greeted him when taking up office, and macro-economic straightjackets right, left and centre, gave him little leeway, but several of his actions will make a huge difference to the lives of significant minorities. In this, and being elected in the first place, he has achieved much.

We'll miss you on the show. When I listened, I looked forward to your composed, newsy input. Best of luck with what's next. :thumb:

Best wishes to you, romeogirl, and thanks for all the good times.

I have a question re: the iphone app. I have been having trouble with the 103.1 iphone app, as it always starts and then stops. Very annoying when one is trying to appreciate the show! I heard Jose mention that the TuneIn Radio app was recommended. Would this improve my listening experience? Thanks for any help.

Dear romeogirl,

I always loved your friendly reminders and cherished your sweet voice on the show. You will be missed in the Mozworld, still I suppose you will continue to have a soft spot for Morrissey and us. Wishing you fab times with your new projects and the same easy light hand that we enjoyed from you will shower bliss upon you.

Cheers

Quiffaa

Thanks very much for taking the baton with the reminder this past week, bucks_boy! :thumb:

And Thank you, Crystal Geezer, The Cat's Mother, Theo (appreciate your opinion! One person owns just about every major media outlet right now, so yes, we should always be on our toes!), goinghome, sweetness522 and Quiffaa.

Sweetness522, if you are having trouble with the iPhone app, it would be a good idea to message the station to let them know (there's a menu item at the top of Indie1031.com's homepage: "Contact"). Jose has mentioned the TuneIn Radio app for android-type phones (which are apparently not blackberry-type phones). I'm not sure if it'll work on iPhone's but you can give it a try. I'm unfortunately all thumbs when it comes to this stuff. You can message Jose (via his Twitter! @josemaldonado) or email him at [email protected] to ask more. Good Luck!

All the Best to everyone and a very happy 2011.

Cheers :guitar:
romeogirl

morning to all
dont forget to tune into breakfast with the smiths/the world of morrissey
later to day
9-11 pst in the us
5 -7 uk
thanks
eddie

In the face of all the criticism and disappointment being voiced about Obama, I'd like to agree with you that he has made some important inroads to buck bloated tradition.:
His important inroads are running the country in to the ground. Thank God there are republicans in congress to control the house. Obama is the worst president since Carter screwed up the whole country. We were just getting the country back together, and now it is going to hell in a hand basket!
but several of his actions will make a huge difference to the lives of significant minorities:

What differences are you talking about for the significant minorities? If they are not from the country, do what every other responsible immigrant has done. Go through the proper steps to become a US citizen, and don't expect a hand out!

i have been having problems getting breakfast with the smiths the past 3 weeks.i get a very interruped show it goes silient for long periods,last week i didnt even get past the auto message leagle zoom.has this happened to any body or is it just my crappy old lap top.
any way dont forget to tune in to breakfast with the smiths on sunday at 9-11pst and 5-7pm in the uk on www.indie1031.com
regards
ed

Hope you're sorted, ed. Reception was ok yesterday, and the guest was comedian, Chris Gethard, who also gave a nice interview to the Metro on a recent coup for his own show, and on his desire to one day play host to his hero, Morrissey:

"Chris Gethard is a testament to the potential of new media. At 2:30 in the morning on Christmas Eve of 2009, the actor and comedian made an amateur YouTube video, pleading with rap mogul Sean “Diddy” Combs to make an appearance at “The Chris Gethard Show,” a live variety night at the 170-seat UCB Theatre in New York.

“I wanna live in a world where something like that is possible,” he said on the video. And last month, Diddy did the show...

...So who’s next? “The person I would really want to interview would be Morrissey from the Smiths. He’s my favorite singer, but he’s not a Twitter guy. I’m also obsessed with the New York Knicks, so if anybody wants to help me get Amar’e Stoudemire I would not hold back on that either.”'
http://www.metro.us/newyork/life/article/764761--you-can-make-it-if-you-tweet

Hope you're sorted, ed. Reception was ok yesterday, and the guest was comedian, Chris Gethard, who also gave a nice interview to the Metro on a recent coup for his own show, and on his desire to one day play host to his hero, Morrissey:

"Chris Gethard is a testament to the potential of new media. At 2:30 in the morning on Christmas Eve of 2009, the actor and comedian made an amateur YouTube video, pleading with rap mogul Sean “Diddy” Combs to make an appearance at “The Chris Gethard Show,” a live variety night at the 170-seat UCB Theatre in New York.

“I wanna live in a world where something like that is possible,” he said on the video. And last month, Diddy did the show...

...So who’s next? “The person I would really want to interview would be Morrissey from the Smiths. He’s my favorite singer, but he’s not a Twitter guy. I’m also obsessed with the New York Knicks, so if anybody wants to help me get Amar’e Stoudemire I would not hold back on that either.”'
http://www.metro.us/newyork/life/article/764761--you-can-make-it-if-you-tweet

i did,nt tune in last week as it was my sons birthday party.it sounds like i missed a good show.i will have a go at it on sunday fingers crossed and all that.
cheers
ed

Anyone know where I can get a symbian radio app that includes Indie 103? I understand one exists but I've searched in vain for a link. I'm using a Nokia C-300. Thanks. :)

Brekkie with the Smiths - The World of Morrissey
Every Sunday
9-11 PST
5 -7 GMT

Two whole hours of nothing but The Smiths, Morrissey and related artists. Fandom news, your requests and general Morrissey-related chatter with Jose Maldonado.

Last edited:
I have just joined Twitter, so I'm going to try and request a song.

It may go very wrong though, I'm not convinced I've figured Twitter out...unless it's just rubbish and 'it's Twitter not me' that's the problem.

I have just joined Twitter, so I'm going to try and request a song.

It may go very wrong though, I'm not convinced I've figured Twitter out...unless it's just rubbish and 'it's Twitter not me' that's the problem.

Okay, all you have to do is to start your message @JoseMaldonado and then type in your request. The whole message, including recipient and spaces, cannot exceed 140 characters.

I'm eatenbyweasels on Twitter if you want to follow me. :)

Well I put him in my follow list and tweeted him, so we'll see...

I'll find you next time I'm on Twitter. I don' t really like it yet though.

I'm itsjensworld

Tags
long live moz
Back
Top Bottom