Los Angeles, CA - "The Late Late Show with James Corden" (Nov. 7, 2018) - Reminder/Reports

Morrissey is scheduled to appear on "The Late Late Show with James Corden" on Nov. 7, 2018.

Link posted by countthree:

Link posted by docinwestchester:

Link posted by Famous when dead:

Morrissey Pumps Up 'Late Late Show' With Lively Rendition of Pretenders' 'Back on the Chain Gang': Watch - Billboard

44847_Morrissey-corden-billboard-1548.jpg

Terence Patrick/CBS

Morrissey Late Show With James Pictures and Images (6 total) - Getty Images. Link via @ericacalil / Twitter.

44858_gettyimages-1059690836-1024x1024.jpg

Terence Patrick/CBS

Image posted by Famous when dead (from @officialmoz Tweet now reposted):

44804_44794_IMG_20181106_162121.jpg

Last edited:
I've previously written a few snarky posts about the issues with Moz's choice of slacks. Well he's got it right here and the jacket is a nice fit and colour on him.

i have shared comments only a handful of times, used to love to read gig reviews, rarely moved enuff to type shit...but jeeez...the guitar seems to be getting harder to play for jesse. here, it sounds awful, HE played it awfully, the tone is like nails on chalkboard. the bones of james honeyman scott (yea, i know he didn't play it) would sound better. why jesse doesn't pick one starcaster, learn to play it, and maybe without switching between each song, his attack will improve..it only can at this point, is beyond me.
and yes.. i can play this and sound less offesive to the ear than jesse on this show.
ooooh fah.

No matter what other complaints people may have, they certainly couldn't take issue with Morrissey's voice. It sounds as good as ever.

I've previously written a few snarky posts about the issues with Moz's choice of slacks.

Yes, agreed on his dungarees lately. #StopItWithTheMomJeans

He does look good here, though, yes.

Blikey chipper curry blood! I know you foreigners are middle aged who can't forget the Smiths shows from 1982 at The Isle of Lucy when they opened for Spandau Ballet, but dungarees is a word from the 1700's. How old are you foreigner Brit people?

Oh come on let's be totally honest here people. Jesse can't even play a 4kin cover version of a song now. That was was absolute torture on overtime at a quadruple rate. I've seen better buskers on the corner of the street in winter playing a guitar with frozen fingers for spare change than Jesse Coming-Face. I would much prefer to have a migraine with chronic toothache and a dose of the shits than listen to that racket any day.

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

In ministering angel Jesse, in godbrother Solomon, in the Boz who always saves the day, and in our newly joined rescuer Gustavo Manzur, I, too, have blood-bubbas – clansmen long searched for. I shall be undressed, washed, laid out and buried by Jesse; Gustavo will catch me in any fall, bringing me back to the point I had started from – I had known him for a lifetime after our first five-minute meeting, and the dead are dead, and the heart warms. Whenever I meet Gustavo we both automatically laugh because we both know that sooner or later one or both of us will say something funny, and human energy rings a timeless hum. Loyal to the mugwump, the band prefer mischief to limelight, and although no major label will sign us, these years are ours, locked together, and I stream out of you, not a matter of whether but of when.

This whole passage is nauseating (especially in light of Solomon's departure), but it also comes across as a needless backhanded sting against Alain, Gary and co. "Long searched for", hmm? Whatever "The Lads" were, they were a unit, and when they didn't cower quite enough they were dumped. Now he just has a collection of servants ranging from excellent (Matt Walker) to workaday (Boz) to f***ing awful (Jesse).

i have shared comments only a handful of times, used to love to read gig reviews, rarely moved enuff to type shit...but jeeez...the guitar seems to be getting harder to play for jesse. here, it sounds awful, HE played it awfully, the tone is like nails on chalkboard. the bones of james honeyman scott (yea, i know he didn't play it) would sound better. why jesse doesn't pick one starcaster, learn to play it, and maybe without switching between each song, his attack will improve..it only can at this point, is beyond me.
and yes.. i can play this and sound less offesive to the ear than jesse on this show.
ooooh fah.
He really cannot play that riff, it's terrible. I thought it sounded a bit laboured on the recording, but live he's really exposed, and it's not good. He's even playing a simplified version with fewer notes and he still can't manage it. Surely to God Moz can hear this? So annoying as his voice is sounding so good.

It is a great song, but “pigeon from hell” is a truly terrible line.

I’m generally lenient on TV performances because as the musician you don’t have as much control over your sound as viewers will hear it as you normally do. His guitar was too distorted and thin sounding. The opening riff the guitar sounded out of tune, I didn’t see if he retuned midway through but it settled out through the song, could have just been nerves his left hand was pressing the strings too hard.

As you can see I’m going through great pains to be generous. I shouldn’t have to for a professional touring and recording musician.

I’m generally lenient on TV performances because as the musician you don’t have as much control over your sound as viewers will hear it as you normally do. His guitar was too distorted and thin sounding. The opening riff the guitar sounded out of tune, I didn’t see if he retuned midway through but it settled out through the song, could have just been nerves his left hand was pressing the strings too hard.

As you can see I’m going through great pains to be generous. I shouldn’t have to for a professional touring and recording musician.
I get your point but the problem wasn't so much the sound but the technical skill (or lack of). He actually could not play the notes.

This whole passage is nauseating (especially in light of Solomon's departure), but it also comes across as a needless backhanded sting against Alain, Gary and co. "Long searched for", hmm? Whatever "The Lads" were, they were a unit, and when they didn't cower quite enough they were dumped. Now he just has a collection of servants ranging from excellent (Matt Walker) to workaday (Boz) to f***ing awful (Jesse).

God, get a grip. You're essentially saying that just because YOU don't like Moz' current band, he has to feel the same. And do you know what? What you are feeling is not important. It's actually quite pathetic to dictate someone's feelings, especially since you don't really know these people. Apart from that, he recently recorded with Solomon, so the reason for his departure couldn't have been so bad.

It is a great song, but “pigeon from hell” is a truly terrible line.

Only one man could write a song about pigeons, watch and learn Steve.

Yes Johnny have to agree lines like "In sheets for which I paid I am now laid " and "Pillows like pillars" far from his best.

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Moz is looking well.
Jacket to conceal his paunch from view, appropriating a famous image to try to elevate his own, singing a song he did not write, the lacklustre band, on a comedians show. I can't agree with you.

Tags
back on the chain gang single

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom