Los Angeles, CA - "The Late Late Show with James Corden" (Nov. 7, 2018) - Reminder/Reports

Morrissey is scheduled to appear on "The Late Late Show with James Corden" on Nov. 7, 2018.

Link posted by countthree:

Link posted by docinwestchester:

Link posted by Famous when dead:

Morrissey Pumps Up 'Late Late Show' With Lively Rendition of Pretenders' 'Back on the Chain Gang': Watch - Billboard

44847_Morrissey-corden-billboard-1548.jpg

Terence Patrick/CBS

Morrissey Late Show With James Pictures and Images (6 total) - Getty Images. Link via @ericacalil / Twitter.

44858_gettyimages-1059690836-1024x1024.jpg

Terence Patrick/CBS

Image posted by Famous when dead (from @officialmoz Tweet now reposted):

44804_44794_IMG_20181106_162121.jpg

Last edited:
:sleeping:

MOZ IS BOSS

and that’s ALL that matters.

:cool:
Unfortunately, your top emoji is imitating many of his fans nowadays.
I know, I know, this is where you quote If You Don't Like Me, or Suedehead, or one of his many other golden greats, but the fact is, he puts out a product. Many people loved his product for a long time.
He altered the recipe, and many customers, myself included, preferred the more complex former recipe.

Alain improved greatly and wrote some Morrissey classics - enough so that his songs were used even after he'd been chucked from the band, which tells you something about Jesse. Whatever went on when he left and why Morrissey mocked him so harshly in Autobiography (which more or less portrays Alain as a blithering idiot who got lucky), I'd love to know.
Meanness and spite. I also suspect it was about tarnishing his standing as the 'better' guitarist - ie an indirect way of shoring up Jesse's position.

Meanness and spite. I also suspect it was about tarnishing his standing as the 'better' guitarist - ie an indirect way of shoring up Jesse's position.

He mocks everything from Alain's clothes to his accent, his vocabulary, his playing. Just an idiot he "rescued from Camden Council"; the friendship "ran it's course years ago". At one point his writing seems to suggest Alain was paranoid. It's just horrible to read, it seems to spring from nothing.

Last edited:
He mocks everything from Alain's accent to his clothes, his accent, his vocabulary. Just an idiot he "rescued from Camden Council"; the friendship "ran it's course years ago". At one point his writing seems to suggest Alain was paranoid. It's just horrible to read, it seems to spring from nothing.
Yes, I know, I felt that too. But by the time he was writing that, I imagine Jesse had been getting unfavourable comparisons with Alain for some time and I can't help wondering if this was his spiteful way of discrediting him - on any terms available.

I've just got back from seeing this man live. To watch him playing Headmaster Ritual with his eyes closed, head back, laughing, dancing, never even thinking about what his hands are doing - it really brings home what we're missing.
rsz_img_20181113_221041_1.jpg

Last edited:
I've just got back from seeing this man live. To watch him playing Headmaster Ritual with his eyes closed, head back, laughing, dancing, never even thinking about what his hands are doing - it really brings home what we're missing.

People don't exactly get into Morrissey to see musicians laughing.

I ye reckon for once you foreigners here are actually on the right track in constantly talking about John Maher, Alain Whyte, and Joy Order. Now all you need to do is talk about them ON THEIR WEBSITES and get the f*** off this site. 2 of the 3 live half a world away from you in Portland, Oregon and Moz Angeles if that tells you what they think of your foreign country. John Maher is the most overrated guitarist in history and I am happy he will never share the same stage with the California Son. John Maher could never play Surfer Steve's solo songs. Smiths songs are so easy. Go home!!

Many people loved his product for a long time.
He altered the recipe, and many customers, myself included, preferred the more complex former recipe.

You don’t like his band.

You don’t like his new music.

You don’t like the things he says.

You don’t like the things he does.

So, tell us all again....

why do come here ?

‘Insanity’

must
be the only answer you can give.

:straightface:

Unfortunately, your top emoji is imitating many of his fans nowadays.
I know, I know, this is where you quote If You Don't Like Me, or Suedehead, or one of his many other golden greats, but the fact is, he puts out a product. Many people loved his product for a long time.

Product? Recipe? Customers? Are you talking about a restaurant?

People don't exactly get into Morrissey to see musicians laughing.

My point, of course, was to highlight his guitar ability not suggest that he was a comedian. I thought people got into Morrissey because the songs were great, not just because the singer was depressed. How would you prefer that a band behave? I'd rather see musicians looking engaged and energetic than standing around looking bored or struggling even to do the job.

Last edited:
My point, of course, was to highlight his guitar ability not suggest that he was a comedian. I thought people got into Morrissey because the songs were great, not just because the singer was depressed. How would you prefer that a band behave? I'd rather see musicians looking engaged and energetic than standing around looking bored or struggling even to do the job.
Morrissey's band are so static you get the feeling they have been ordered to be that way. Wasn't there a story from long ago, in the days when Boz used to duckwalk across the stage, that he was told to dial it down so as not to take attention away from the Star?

Morrissey's band are so static you get the feeling they have been ordered to be that way. Wasn't there a story from long ago, in the days when Boz used to duckwalk across the stage, that he was told to dial it down so as not to take attention away from the Star?

I'm not sure Boz would have the energy to get up to his Live in Dallas antics these days, sadly :lbf: and Jesse can't move if he wanted to, he has to "concentrate"....

Morrissey technically is "the star." That's why his act is called Morrissey and not a band name. The songs are great. The band having "a great time" doesn't have any impact on the experience for me. They can act how they wanna act.

Post-Arsenal/Southpaw, Alain stayed mostly still and concentrated on what he was doing too, but of course I don't see any of you Whyte acolytes mentioning that :lbf:

Morrissey technically is "the star." That's why his act is called Morrissey and not a band name. The songs are great. The band having "a great time" doesn't have any impact on the experience for me. They can act how they wanna act.

Post-Arsenal/Southpaw, Alain stayed mostly still and concentrated on what he was doing too, but of course I don't see any of you Whyte acolytes mentioning that :lbf:
I wouldn't say I was a 'Whyte acolyte', I just don't like the inferior quality musicianship that Jesse brings to the party - as seen all too clearly in the recent live performances. If you like his songs, fine, but you declaring them 'great' does not make this a statement of fact. And I believe it's quite possible to be the star without issuing weird controlling edicts on band members' behaviour, what they must wear, eat, etc. Perhaps that story isn't true, but I thought I remembered reading it somewhere so I was asking whether anybody knew.

And actually, it does impact on the experience, for me, if performers are lacking natural spontaneity and enthusiasm as this kills the spark that makes them interesting in the first place.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say I was a 'Whyte acolyte', I just don't like the inferior quality musicianship that Jesse brings to the party - as seen all too clearly in the recent live performances. If you like his songs, fine, but you declaring them 'great' does not make this a statement of fact.

My calling the songs great was in response to Amy's message:

I thought people got into Morrissey because the songs were great,

And I believe it's quite possible to be the star without issuing weird controlling edicts on band members' behaviour, what they must wear, eat, etc. Perhaps that story isn't true, but I thought I remembered reading it somewhere so I was asking whether anybody knew.

And actually, it does impact on the experience, for me, if performers are lacking natural spontaneity and enthusiasm as this kills the spark that makes them interesting in the first place.

Again, people don't really get into Morrissey (modern-day Morrissey, at least) to see what Jesse Tobias/Boz Boorer are doing onstage while they're playing. I just think this yearning to see performative self-indulgence from Morrissey's sidemen while they're making music - smiling, dancing, looking up and closing their eyes - is sort of ridiculous and not exactly what Morrissey is about. It's clear enough to me that the musicians are enjoying what they are doing, and with the occasional exception of Boz, none of them look bored.

Product? Recipe? Customers? Are you talking about a restaurant?
I don't even know why I use metaphor. So often it's lost in translation on this site.
But if Morrissey is a restaurant, I'll take the vegan jalapeno poppers. Even if he says they're too hot.

Last edited:

You don’t like his band.

You don’t like his new music.

You don’t like the things he says.

You don’t like the things he does.

So, tell us all again....

why do come here ?

‘Insanity’

must
be the only answer you can give.

:straightface:
I compliment what I enjoy, such as his recent setlist and effort to reconnect with his audience.
I dismiss what I don't, or speak against what I find offensive. All long running bands have ebb and flow moments where their work is amazing, or... well, you know, the opposite.
Hell, one of my other favorite bands haven't released anything new in a decade.
At least Morrissey is willing to fling it at the wall and see what sticks.
Don't speak to me about insanity. It's not my cuppa, and being a fan doesn't mean blindly loving everything
sent my way. Don't serve me a horse apple and try telling me it's a scoop of mocha fudge ripple.

One of my favorite Boz clips is when he falls flat on his ass mid-Chuck Berry. That was a ridiculous move, even for a rockabilly greaser boy.

I wouldn't say I was a 'Whyte acolyte', I just don't like the inferior quality musicianship that Jesse brings to the party - as seen all too clearly in the recent live performances. If you like his songs, fine, but you declaring them 'great' does not make this a statement of fact. And I believe it's quite possible to be the star without issuing weird controlling edicts on band members' behaviour, what they must wear, eat, etc. Perhaps that story isn't true, but I thought I remembered reading it somewhere so I was asking whether anybody knew.

That's what made seeing The Pixies waaaay back when they first reunited (I caught the second ever show after their hiatus) so completely depressing. Frank hated Kim, Kim hated Frank, and so the energy coming from the stage was less triumphant return, and more "let's get this over with."

Tags
back on the chain gang single

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom