Los Angeles, CA - "The Late Late Show with James Corden" (Nov. 7, 2018) - Reminder/Reports

Morrissey is scheduled to appear on "The Late Late Show with James Corden" on Nov. 7, 2018.

Link posted by countthree:

Link posted by docinwestchester:

Link posted by Famous when dead:

Morrissey Pumps Up 'Late Late Show' With Lively Rendition of Pretenders' 'Back on the Chain Gang': Watch - Billboard

44847_Morrissey-corden-billboard-1548.jpg

Terence Patrick/CBS

Morrissey Late Show With James Pictures and Images (6 total) - Getty Images. Link via @ericacalil / Twitter.

44858_gettyimages-1059690836-1024x1024.jpg

Terence Patrick/CBS

Image posted by Famous when dead (from @officialmoz Tweet now reposted):

44804_44794_IMG_20181106_162121.jpg

Last edited:
You don’t like his band.

You don’t like his new music.

You don’t like the things he says.

You don’t like the things he does.

So, tell us all again....

Why do you come here ?

:straightface:
That could be said about Uncle Skinny and the people who support Skinny. Why do they come here if they aren't fans of Morrissey as a solo artist? I personally like Jesse Tobias I think that he has talent and I don't understand why people don't like his guitar playing, his songwriting skills/ability and some don't seem to like him as a person. Some don't seem to like other members of Morrissey's backing band like the fantastic "Boz" Boorer so it's not just Jesse Tobias. Morrissey is the star after all and the band are there to support Morrissey and to back him. The line "Why do you come here?" reminds me of Morrissey's song "Suedehead". I love Morrissey as a solo artist and his backing band are great with a muscular 'Rockabilly' sound. I personally really like Rockabilly style music.

Morrissey's "Suedehead" official video:

Morrissey sang in the song "If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me":

"If you don't like me, then don't look at me. There must be somebody else who can take your gaze a ways. If you don't like me, then don't look at me. There must be somebody else who can take your gaze a ways. If you don't want me, you don't have to have me. I just thought you might feel the same, that's all. If you don't want me, you don't have to have me. I just thought you might feel the same, that's all. That's all, that's all, that's all..."

Morrissey's "If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me" song:

Last edited:
I totally agree with the theory Peppermint :thumb:
It's all turned into a circus now, a complete joke. I've just watched that Playboy intro footage and it's beyond belief.
Maybe there's some kind of love triangle going on with Steve, Diesel and Jesse.

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:
Who is Diesel and what is his connection to Morrissey? I think that Morrissey hairdresser Damon looks like an Italian version of Jake.

What is the Playboy intro footage thing?

Beautiful, touching and thought-provoking words. "In ministering angel Jesse, in godbrother Solomon, in the Boz who always saves the day, and in our newly joined rescuer Gustavo Manzur, I, too, have blood-bubbas – clansmen long searched for. I shall be undressed, washed, laid out and buried by Jesse; Gustavo will catch me in any fall, bringing me back to the point I had started from – I had known him for a lifetime after our first five-minute meeting, and the dead are dead, and the heart warms. Whenever I meet Gustavo we both automatically laugh because we both know that sooner or later one or both of us will say something funny, and human energy rings a timeless hum. Loyal to the mugwump, the band prefer mischief to limelight, and although no major label will sign us, these years are ours, locked together, and I stream out of you, not a matter of whether but of when. Take it as it is. I am no more unhappy than anyone else, and most humans are wretched creatures – cursed by the sadness of being. The world created me and I am here – never realizing that I am in love until it gets me into trouble."
By Solomon do they mean Solomon Walker a musician who worked with Morrissey? Gustavo Manzur is Morrissey's current keyboardist I think.

A 'mugwump' is a person who remains aloof or independent, especially from party politics. The Mugwumps were Republican political activists who bolted from the United States Republican Party by supporting Democratic candidate Grover Cleveland in the United States presidential election of 1884.

Morrissey is currently signed to a major record label isn't he?

They say that most human beings are "wretched creatures" cursed by a sadness of being. Is this really true? I personally can't go along with this.

I believe that Morrissey was created by his earthly parents and by God.

That could be said about Uncle Skinny and the people who support Skinny. Why do they come here if they aren't fans of Morrissey as a solo artist? I personally like Jesse Tobias I think that he has talent and I don't understand why people don't like his guitar playing, his songwriting skills/ability and some don't seem to like him as a person. Some don't seem to like other members of Morrissey's backing band like the fantastic "Boz" Boorer so it's not just Jesse Tobias. Morrissey is the star after all and the band are there to support Morrissey and to back him. The line "Why do you come here?" reminds me of Morrissey's song "Suedehead". I love Morrissey as a solo artist and his backing band are great with a muscular 'Rockabilly' sound. I personally really like Rockabilly style music.

Morrissey sang in the song "If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me":

"If you don't like me, then don't look at me. There must be somebody else who can take your gaze a ways. If you don't like me, then don't look at me. There must be somebody else who can take your gaze a ways. If you don't want me, you don't have to have me. I just thought you might feel the same, that's all. If you don't want me, you don't have to have me. I just thought you might feel the same, that's all. That's all, that's all, that's all..."

What she said.

:tiphat:

:thumb:

I compliment what I enjoy, such as his recent setlist and effort to reconnect with his audience.
I dismiss what I don't, or speak against what I find offensive. All long running bands have ebb and flow moments where their work is amazing, or... well, you know, the opposite.
Hell, one of my other favorite bands haven't released anything new in a decade.
At least Morrissey is willing to fling it at the wall and see what sticks.
Don't speak to me about insanity. It's not my cuppa, and being a fan doesn't mean blindly loving everything
sent my way. Don't serve me a horse apple and try telling me it's a scoop of mocha fudge ripple.

Again, people don't really get into Morrissey (modern-day Morrissey, at least) to see what Jesse Tobias/Boz Boorer are doing onstage while they're playing. I just think this yearning to see performative self-indulgence from Morrissey's sidemen while they're making music - smiling, dancing, looking up and closing their eyes - is sort of ridiculous and not exactly what Morrissey is about. It's clear enough to me that the musicians are enjoying what they are doing, and with the occasional exception of Boz, none of them look bored.

:thumb:

I shouldn't think so. Morrissey is a well-known lush and the odd cocaine rumour surfaces from time to time.
What does "well-known lush" mean? I haven't heard about Morrissey taking cocaine before. It doesn't seem like the sort of thing he would do unless it was maybe energy for touring. Touring must be very tiring and gruelling. I think that Morrissey is amazing the way he keeps going even with his health issues he still continues to tour he is 59 years old he doesn't ever seem to slow down and take it easy. I have so much respect for Morrissey.

Morrissey is the star after all and the band are there to support Morrissey and to back him.

I see what you're saying Tom Tom Club, but that ^ doesn't do the band justice.

Apart from Matt, every other member co-writes the songs. The band are not there to support Morrissey. You have to think of MORRISSEY as a band.

When I listen to Home is a Question Mark, I know that Morrissey and Mando Lopez wrote it. See what I mean?

For those that are interested these are the names of Morrissey's band members (November 2014 - Current):
- Lead Guitar / Rhythm Guitar: Boz Boorer & Jesse Tobias.
- Bass Guitar: Mando Lopez.
- Drums: Matt Walker.
- Keyboards / Percussion: Gustavo Manzur.

For those that are interested these are the names of Morrissey's band members (November 2014 - Current):
- Lead Guitar / Rhythm Guitar: Boz Boorer & Jesse Tobias.
- Bass Guitar: Mando Lopez.
- Drums: Matt Walker.
- Keyboards / Percussion: Gustavo Manzur.

Also, I don't know if anyone knows this, but Morrissey was in a band called The Smiths.

If you have a Grandpa fetish, it's pretty f***in' good, isn't it? I love a bit of sag coupled with steel wool pubes.
l

I know this is off topic, but not too long ago I actually had a dream that your head looked like a pinworm! Just thought I'd tell you now.

Tags
back on the chain gang single

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom