Los Angeles Declares Morrissey Day on November 10th

Just heard this announced on KCRW. Found this reference...

Los Angeles Declares Morrissey Day on November 10th - BWW World
Music News Desk
Nov. 8, 2017

Excerpt:

The Los Angeles City Council declared Friday, November 10th "Morrissey Day" in Los Angeles, California. During today's council meeting, Councilwoman Monica Rodriguez introduced the resolution, which includes an official commemorative certificate presentation at the first of two sold-out Hollywood Bowl shows this Friday night. LA marks the fourth city on Morrissey's Fall US tour, which takes him and his band through Boston's Orpheum Theatre on December 7 as they perform new material from forthcoming album 'Low in High School' (out November 17 on Etienne Records/BMG) as well as fan favorites and covers. Full dates below.

The "Morrissey Day" declaration is yet another chapter in the Mancunian's long love affair with the City of Los Angeles. Earlier this year, an unknown party changed the Hollywood Bowl exit sign over the 101 Freeway to read "Morrissey." Morrissey plans to host a pop-up shop at 8250 Melrose Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90048 to celebrate 'Low in High School' on November 17-19.

For the first time ever, The Hollywood Bowl will change its menus to all vegetarian when Morrissey performs at his two-sold out shows this weekend.

"Morrissey Day honors the man who put the 'M' in Moz Angeles, an icon whose music continues to touch and uplift countless people across the globe," said Councilwoman Monica Rodriguez. "Morrissey uses his voice to raise awareness for many social issues while 'in his own strange way,' always staying true to his fans."

"Los Angeles embraces individuality, compassion, and creativity, and Morrissey expresses those values in a way that moves Angelenos of all ages," said Mayor Eric Garcetti. "Morrissey Day celebrates an artist whose music has captivated and inspired generations of people who may not always fit in - because they were born to stand out."

Sarcasmos also posted the link:

Los Angeles declares Friday, November 10th as Morrissey Day - Consequence of Sound

UPDATE Nov. 11:
Morrissey receives "Morrissey Day" certificate in ceremony at Hollywood Bowl (Nov. 10, 2017)

UPDATE Nov. 10:

Today Is “Morrissey Day” In Los Angeles - Stereogum
Excerpt:

Coucilwoman Monica Rodriguez introduced the measure earlier this week, which will include an official commemorative certificate presentation at tonight’s Hollywood Bowl show.

L.A. declares Friday 'Morrissey Day' timed to singer's Hollywood Bowl shows - Los Angeles Times
Friday, November 10 is Morrissey Day in Los Angeles until further notice - The A.V. Club

Link posted by Shyness 1s nice:

41236_morrisseyday_losangeles.jpg

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't the Los Angeles City Council gor better things to do with their time? Like sort out the homeless situation.

As for this thread descending into a love-fest for Jacob Rees-Mogg.... I find him quite amusing but let's gloss over the fact his views would have been regarded as ultra-Conservative by Victorian workhouse owners

Jacob would not have a mandate to do anything that is not what the people voted for, and this is a Brexit government remember, that's the first and foremost. I take it you are referring to Jacob's religious views? Well as he has stated before, those are his views, he stands by them and does not deviate from what he has said (the most loyal MP I have known). He also stated, the laws in this country are what they are and he respects them and does not want to, and cannot change these laws, as they are not party political, they are free votes (the saving grace on fox hunting)

Thankfully people can see past the GMB onslaught, and it had the very opposite effect they were hoping for :thumb:

I always thought he WAS Aztec Camera? :squiffy:
It would be nice if they could also contribute to helping Morrissey's number one LA fan, Aztec Camera , to find a way out of his trailer park home to something more respectable. He could then maybe get off the crystal meth and contribute real sightings rather than the stuff he imagines while checking out the bins outside the Sunset Marquis.

Reckon how does this go from Uncle Steve receiving a huge honor in his hometown to talking about some Brit foreigner kickball issue that Morrissey and his real fans in LA and the rest of America don't even care about. Stop trying to put foreigner Britxit spins on everything.

Reckon me hope Steve wears his Dodger jacket.

You need to get a fkn life whoever you are.

Okay losers, who’s ready for this weekend!!!!!!!! I’m sitting Saturday out but I’ll be there Friday. Let’s do this!! Seventy goddam dollars for the back row, William Idol better play eyes without a f***ing face am i right?

Reckon how does this go from Uncle Steve receiving a huge honor in his hometown to talking about some Brit foreigner kickball issue that Morrissey and his real fans in LA and the rest of America don't even care about. Stop trying to put foreigner Britxit spins on everything.

Reckon me hope Steve wears his Dodger jacket.

sorry, the 'Eton jibe' was lost on me.

- a fan abroad.

The anti-intellectualism that has gripped the west over the last couple of decades has resulted in public schools in the UK (Eton, Harrow and so on) being considered by some as a BAD THING.

Dimbleby, the presenter of the show I linked to, was attempting to demean Mogg, hence the audience laughter, but Jacob was quick enough to point out that the hypocrite Dimbleby had sent his own son there too.

The next General Election could well be fought between an old Etonian and Oxbridge educated person and the current Leader of the Opposition who, despite coming himself from a very privileged background, left education with two E grades at A-Level.

The anti-intellectualism that has gripped the west over the last couple of decades has resulted in public schools in the UK (Eton, Harrow and so on) being considered by some as a BAD THING.

Dimbleby, the presenter of the show I linked to, was attempting to demean Mogg, hence the audience laughter, but Jacob was quick enough to point out that the hypocrite Dimbleby had sent his own son there too.

The next General Election could well be fought between an old Etonian and Oxbridge educated person and the current Leader of the Opposition who, despite coming himself from a very privileged background, left education with two E grades at A-Level.

He's also someone who thinks the wrong side won the Cold War and that Venezuela is the new Jerusalem.

He's also someone who thinks the wrong side won the Cold War and that Venezuela is the new Jerusalem.

And he also leads a party in which the Shadow Education Secretary left school at sixteen and pregnant, and includes several others who are intent on closing public schools while sending their own children to those very schools themselves. “Don’t do as I do, do as I say.”

Haven't the Los Angeles City Council gor better things to do with their time? Like sort out the homeless situation.

As for this thread descending into a love-fest for Jacob Rees-Mogg.... I find him quite amusing but let's gloss over the fact his views would have been regarded as ultra-Conservative by Victorian workhouse owners

Hope Russel Brand will stay away from the stage, and love-fest...it isn't rainbow flags day, well you never know some drag queens will do their best to glow around the bowl, and famous streets of Hollywood.

I'm gonna google on Jacob Rees-Mogg,

thanks from the Netherlands [south]

Ah, Jacob Rees-Mogg. He's funny if you find Boris Johnson "funny". He's a staunchly anti-abortion guy whose own investment company profits from the sale of abortion drugs. He's completely anti-gay marriage too. He also has six children and has never changed a nappy in his life. His last child was called Sixtus Dominic Boniface Christopher - oh, and he claims to be "a man of the people".

Ah, Jacob Rees-Mogg. He's funny if you find Boris Johnson "funny". He's a staunchly anti-abortion guy whose own investment company profits from the sale of abortion drugs. He's completely anti-gay marriage too. He also has six children and has never changed a nappy in his life. His last child was called Sixtus Dominic Boniface Christopher - oh, and he claims to be "a man of the people".

And he's a Tory. What a twat!

His anti-abortion stance is no more extreme than Hillary’s defence of partial birth abortion a year ago. Both seem odd to me. To not allow abortion in the case of rape is hard to justify, as is chopping up a viable foetus with surgical instruments ‘cos you can.

The only difference is his beliefs are based on his devout Catholism, while Hillary’s is based on her love of seeing small children killed so she can grind their bones to make her bread.

Attachments

• 9BE6301C-77BD-42DD-BAF8-6D7329E1F55D.jpeg
    9BE6301C-77BD-42DD-BAF8-6D7329E1F55D.jpeg
    32.7 KB · Views: 0

nice ! looks like a stamp! he should make stamps, Mporium are you reading this?

- Terence. :rolleyes:
Yes, I wouldn't mind swapping the Queen for the face of Morrissey lol What a coincidence as I am listening to the England football players singing God save the Queen right now lol

Tags
morrissey

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom