Morrissey Central "LOVE IS ON ITS WAY BACK" (November 18, 2020)

IMG_0388_mynn1p.jpg

0-12_copy_c2uxlh.jpg

Links to an article via The Federalist entitled:
"You Can Fire Morrissey, But You Will Never Break His Spirit" by David Marcus.
Uncredited 'shopped images by Victor Esparza.
Regards,
FWD.

LOL... I was forgetting about "Franz Ferdinand is dead", "The Austro-Hungarian Empire strikes again", "Wilhelm II, it was really nothing", "Frankly, Mr. Yoshihito", "The armistice of 11th November spawned a monster" and all his other WWI songs.... :ROFLMAO:
There you go, Franz Ferdinand supported Morrissey on the Quarry tour. That's your WWI reference.

eb966c2ef45fe93905f5cec38c4e33ef.jpg

He references the WWI poem, "Matey" in his autobiography:
Not comin' back tonight, matey,
And reliefs are comin' through,
We're all goin' out all right, matey,
Only we're leavin' you. Gawd ! it's a bloody sin, matey,
Now that we've finished the fight, We go when reliefs come in, matey,
But you're stayin' 'ere tonight.

Over the top is cold, matey —
You lie on the field alone,
Didn't I love you of old, matey,
Dearer than the blood of my own?
You were my dearest chum, matey
(Gawd! but your face is white)
But now, though reliefs 'ave come, matey,
I'm goin' alone tonight.

I'd sooner the bullet was mine, matey —
Goin' out on my own,
Leavin' you 'ere in the line, matey,
All by yourself, alone,
Chum o' mine and you're dead, matey,
And this is the way we part,
The bullet went through your head, matey,
But Gawd ! it went through my 'eart.

After racking my brains on this, the only refence to World War I I can think of, is the sample of 'Take Me Back to Dear Old Blighty' at the start of The Queen is Dead - and this feels more like a bit of '60's nostalgia than anything else.

He loves quirky & interesting things. The internet is the perfect place to curate the neglected & strange. It promotes him & it doesn't sell out.

He's not built to be Mick Jagger - but he's a very successful Divine.
He prefers Mick Jaguar the feline Rock n Roller😽

“BBC Radio 1 will not play the original version of Fairytale of New York by The Pogues and Kirsty MacColl this Christmas, because its audience may be offended by some of the lyrics.”

Get your skates on Morrissey, the nation needs you.

“BBC Radio 1 will not play the original version of Fairytale of New York by The Pogues and Kirsty MacColl this Christmas, because its audience may be offended by some of the lyrics.”

How utterly f***ing pathetic, people are too quick to be offended nowadays.

You'd have thought they'd have put on some better clobber when meeting Moz for a photoshoot, scruffy bunch, prance Ferdinand prance!
I used to like them. Their first two albums were pretty good.
The NME interview they did together with Moz was also fun.

Funny, I remember listening to it last year before Christmas while cutting out biscuits and was wondering if they were still playing it on the radio.

What about Dire Straits' Money For Nothing?

Scene Six: This country is making me sick

How utterly f***ing pathetic, people are too quick to be offended nowadays.
I think it’s perhaps more weird than that. None of my kids, or their friends, would be offended. I can’t help feeling that it’s the state saying “YOU ARE FEELING OFFENDED but we’ve spared you the full horror”. Worrying really.

I expect in a few years they’ll identify an anxiety wherein people are worried because they don’t feel offended enough. Millions will be spent helping people to come to terms with their ‘real’ indignant inner self—to facilitate and direct the expression of a deep hateful anger (one that people didn’t know they had).

I think it’s been achieved before.

Last edited by a moderator:
Like clockwork, his fires up his chums at the right wing websites to come to his defence.

Yes he's always done his own thing, no one is disputing that, but look where it's got him. Moaning, for the umpteenth time that he's got no deal - do you think he's pleased by this?

Who is to blame? Who said all those things?

In the past he's always been able to find a deal because of his legacy loyal fan-base - now? It's virtually impossible. No record company wants to spend money on tarnished has-beens and fund their releases. Why would they?
You hiss and groan and you constantly moan, but you don't ever go away...

I think it’s perhaps more weird than that. None of my kids, or their friends, would be offended. I can’t help feeling that it’s the state saying “YOU ARE FEELING OFFENDED but we’ve spared you the full horror”. Worrying really.

I expect in a few years they’ll identify an anxiety wherein people are worried because they don’t feel offended enough. Millions will be spent helping people to come to terms with their ‘real’ indignant inner self; to facilitate and direct the expression of a deep anger (one that people didn’t know they had).

The thing that pisses me off is that they are erasing history.

The thing that pisses me off is that they are erasing history.
Yes. I think I’d prefer that they would drop playing the record altogether. I expect the more dignified DJs will do just that.

I expect in a few years they’ll identify an anxiety wherein people are worried because they don’t feel offended enough. Millions will be spent helping people to come to terms with their ‘real’ indignant inner self—to facilitate and direct the expression of a deep hateful anger (one that people didn’t know they had).

I think it’s been achieved before.
They could just send those people here. :cool:

Not too dissimilar to the recent pulling down of statues.
The principal is the same; eradication of history.
That is absolutely correct. Nevertheless, opinion was genuinely split about about Colston’s representation. The Pogues’ song is regularly applauded as an all time great. There is no democratic mandate for the censorship. Indeed there is no public mandate for the BBC anymore, but people are forced to cough up for the new Haw Haw.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom