Morrissey Central "LOVE IS ON ITS WAY BACK" (November 18, 2020)

IMG_0388_mynn1p.jpg

0-12_copy_c2uxlh.jpg

Links to an article via The Federalist entitled:
"You Can Fire Morrissey, But You Will Never Break His Spirit" by David Marcus.
Uncredited 'shopped images by Victor Esparza.
Regards,
FWD.

The worst thing about the Pogues song of course is that apart from the BBC, there's no other way to listen to it. It was never released on vinyl, cassette, or CD, and can't be streamed from Spotify, Google Music, or any of the other streaming services. Even thepiratebay.org doesn't have it. Perhaps if there were other radios stations, not just Radio 1, but no.
Even Orwell never imagined this.

The worst thing about the Pogues song of course is that apart from the BBC, there's no other way to listen to it. It was never released on vinyl, cassette, or CD, and can't be streamed from Spotify, Google Music, or any of the other streaming services. Even thepiratebay.org doesn't have it. Perhaps if there were other radios stations, not just Radio 1, but no.
Yep. I’ll go to other sources.

Can I please have my licence fee returned as I don’t use Aunty’s shite?

Meh.

Central needs a rethink. :paranoid:

This podcast is good for technical stuff:

This one is disguised as gossip & it's funny:

Poor Nerak no langer knows what to do change the Central!!! ,and you are right go need a restructuring now!!!

“BBC Radio 1 will not play the original version of Fairytale of New York by The Pogues and Kirsty MacColl this Christmas, because its audience may be offended by some of the lyrics.”

Get your skates on Morrissey, the nation needs you.
The most of modern music is offensive for ears these days, could someone cancel it, please?:sick:

“BBC Radio 1 will not play the original version of Fairytale of New York by The Pogues and Kirsty MacColl this Christmas, because its audience may be offended by some of the lyrics.”

Get your skates on Morrissey, the nation needs you.
Rohan Keating did a cover version a few years back where he changed the word ‘f*****’, to ‘maggot’ I think.

Pathetic.

I think it’s perhaps more weird than that. None of my kids, or their friends, would be offended. I can’t help feeling that it’s the state saying “YOU ARE FEELING OFFENDED but we’ve spared you the full horror”. Worrying really.

I expect in a few years they’ll identify an anxiety wherein people are worried because they don’t feel offended enough. Millions will be spent helping people to come to terms with their ‘real’ indignant inner self—to facilitate and direct the expression of a deep hateful anger (one that people didn’t know they had).

I think it’s been achieved before.
They already exist Hovis, they’re called University students, XR ‘protestors’ & left wingers in general.

Of course it was released on those formats, how do you think it charted in 1987? I’ve just looked at copies available on e-bay for reasonable prices!!!

*edit* upon reflection, I've realised your post was a poor attempt at sarcasm, because the original point wasn't about availability, it was about snowflake revisionism.

Last edited:
I have it on Now! That's What I Call Christmas triple CD...also digital mp3.
Not sure what year 'Now' that is though...maybe 2014/18 or something.

cover.jpg

See if this link works. (tpb) Now That's What I Call Music! Christmas [3CD Box Set] 2013

Last edited by a moderator:
They already exist Hovis, they’re called University students, XR ‘protestors’ & left wingers in general.
Yep. Who needs the Stasi.

Nevertheless, there remains a left wing committed to libertarian ideas.

I don't frequent the Daily Mail as a rule but I can't help thinking that right now there are a lot posters who are puce with rage over this but who the rest of the time think that The Pogues are a bunch of IRA-supporting bog-trotters who should take the next ferry back to Ireland.

Like clockwork, his fires up his chums at the right wing websites to come to his defence.

Yes he's always done his own thing, no one is disputing that, but look where it's got him. Moaning, for the umpteenth time that he's got no deal - do you think he's pleased by this?

Who is to blame? Who said all those things?

In the past he's always been able to find a deal because of his legacy loyal fan-base - now? It's virtually impossible. No record company wants to spend money on tarnished has-beens and fund their releases. Why would they?
Their money, their privilege. But Morrissey and his fans have the right to give an opinion. Since sales don't seem to be an issue, what's behind it? Censorship? If they have the right to judge Morrissey, the public have the right to judge those companies and the people who take decisions by their deeds too. Censorship is not a good thing even in private corporations.
Right now some private corporations are acting like feuds during the middle ages. You have to serve your master or you are fired to face the elements. If that is so, ok, but make it explicit and don't hide those circumstances behind lies and excuses.

Laurence Fox is a legend, his QT appearance at the start of the year was 100% spot on. He's right & the cowards on the left can't accept it.
Marina Hyde summed him up perfectly:
"...one of Britain’s best-connected supporting actors..."

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom