Love Music Hate Racism event by Dave Haslam - Manchester, same night Morrissey plays (July 8, 2018)

http://www.davehaslam.com/#/one-nation-under-a-groove/

Ex-Hacienda DJ Dave Haslam is throwing a free party to coincide with Morrissey’s forthcoming visit to the city. He says the party, featuring more than a dozen of the city’s top DJs is “in response to Morrissey’s divisive views, and his support for the far-right.”

Morrissey has attracted controversy for a host of remarks and opinions – including undermining the #metoo campaign and claiming there’s “no difference between eating animals and paedophilia”.

In recent years, the ex-Smiths singer’s views on race have become particularly strident. Morrissey has described the Chinese people “a sub-species”, heavily criticised Angela Merkel for opening German borders to refugees, and has gone on record supporting far-right figures like Anne Marie Waters and EDL founder Tommy Robinson. He does, however, claim to have “Muslim friends”.

“Manchester is our home, it’s a city built on immigration, a city with an amazing legacy of great bands and wonderful clubs,” says Haslam. “Music brings people together. Strangers become brothers, sisters. All this positivity spreads into the city and beyond.”

Haslam points out Manchester’s solidarity and sense of community in the aftermath of the Manchester Arena attack, which he contrasts with Morrissey’s pronouncements; “Morrissey hasn’t lived in the city for thirty years – he lives abroad in tax exile – and has now joined the ranks of various right-wing politicians, tax exiles, tabloids, and media hate-slingers seeking to divide our community.

“There are counter arguments. There are many of them. But for now, I’ve decided to counter the hate by throwing a free party, a celebratory all-dayer of beautifully diverse soul-filled, hope-filled music…”

The event on Sunday July 8th, entitled ‘One Nation Under A Groove’ will take place at Revolution on Deansgate Locks from 3pm until midnight.

DJs include DJ Paulette (Flesh), Dom (Blood & Fire), and Irfan Rainy (Community). In addition, Haslam himself is joining forces with Elliot Eastwick and Jason Boardman to resurrect the hugely successful ‘Yellow’ brand as a one-off for the event.

Admission is free, but a collection will be taken, which will be donated to the charity Love Music Hate Racism.

“It might not be coincidence that the venue is just a few hundred yards from where Morrissey is playing,” admits Haslam.

“Morrissey fans on their way to or back from his concert are more than welcome,” he says.

+++ Facebook event page with full DJ line-up here;

43336_groove2-02.jpg

An anonymous person posted the link:

Dave Haslam throws 'positive protest party' against Morrissey at the same time as his Manchester gig - Manchester Evening News
“Morrissey fans on their way to or back from his concert are more than welcome.”

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve just left (took the kids so couldn’t stay much longer)
Obviously the venue was surrounded by GMP in full riot gear, inside was wall to wall antifa burning effigies of SPM and organising search and destroy patrols for anyone vaguely white and (bizarrely) it was extremely badly attended.....except it wasn’t,
There were several hundred people dancing at 3.30 in the afternoon, smiling at each other and generally having a bloody good time. Some of you miserable, paranoid divvies should have been there, you might have enjoyed yourselves for a change.

Obviously the venue was surrounded by GMP in full riot gear, inside was wall to wall antifa burning effigies of SPM and organising search and destroy patrols for anyone vaguely white and (bizarrely) it was extremely badly attended.....except it wasn’t,
There were several hundred people dancing at 3.30 in the afternoon, smiling at each other and generally having a bloody good time. Some of you miserable, paranoid divvies should have been there, you might have enjoyed yourselves for a change.
We were all having a great time miles away from sad little Manckfester you idiots haha enjoy licking DJ Daves ball bag !!!

I wonder how many non white people show support at this snowflake disco ,methinks 10 % max
I didn’t count (because I’m not some whining nationalist crybaby) but youthinks wrong, if indeed you can think, methinks not.

All the photos ive seen of this non event the place looks empty and the people in the photos look retarded .Just saying!!!!

That sounds gay as f***.

All the photos ive seen of this non event the place looks empty and the people in the photos look retarded .Just saying!!!!
Nah fella........that was up the road in The Castlefield Bowl, ‘logistical problems’ apparently. No one there, not one, no one, totally deserted.

Lies.

Just seen the photos.

The room was completely empty.

The night was a flop.

Nobody cared.

Nobody was interested.

Lies.

Just seen the photos.

The room was completely empty.......
Whereas I saw the room (and terrace) itself and neither where, even from 3.30 so you’ll forgive me if I treat your second hand, partial, wishful thinking with the contempt it deserves.
Castlefield on the other hand, tumbleweed.

Whereas I saw the room (and terrace) itself and neither where, even from 3.30 so you’ll forgive me if I treat your second hand, partial, wishful thinking with the contempt it deserves.
Whatever you think you saw, it says on Morrissey's official Facebook page that nobody went. You can't argue with an official Facebook page. Even Haslam decided not to bother in the end. He just sat in, watched Songs of Praise and contemplated why he had chosen such a dark path.

Those for immigration can adopt a migrant and pay for their welfare for the next 10 years. This would be like the american K-1 Visa system where an american who marries a foreigner agrees to the responsibility for that person for the next 10 years even in divorce.
So all of you for immigration can pay for it yourself and also in the process integrate someone and make them a full member of their new society.
The state does not have to provide for them if people like you who want them to come to your country housed them and fed them and paid for everything else.
That would be the first time people would actually stand up for their political beliefs not only in theory.
The problem is solved.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom