"Low in High School" 2 LP Deluxe Reissue (Dec. 7, 2018) details; press release

Originally posted in the thread "Morrissey Official FB: Ltd edition Low In High School deluxe double vinyl linked to pre-sale?"

Press release:

Morrissey Cements U.S. Legacy With Joan Jett Show, Top-Billing At Tropicalia Festival - Shore Fire Media
Announces Deluxe Reissue Of 'Low in High School'

Excerpt:

The high-profile set at the Microsoft Theater will also offer a VIP ticket package that includes preferred seating for the show and a limited edition reissue of his latest record 'Low in High School'. Out on December 7th, the deluxe edition is a double vinyl that includes his "touching" (Billboard) cover of The Pretenders' "Back On The Chain Gang," five (5) live B-sides from the recording session, three (3) unreleased tracks, a limited edition lithographed photograph of Morrissey, and a rare version of a photo booth portrait taken when the legendary frontman was a student.

Last edited by a moderator:
How does a double vinyl have space for all 12 album tracks, Chain Gang, 5 live tracks and 3 unreleased songs?

Even if blue dreamers eyes and by the time are included in the unreleased songs what could the third one be

How does a double vinyl have space for all 12 album tracks, Chain Gang, 5 live tracks and 3 unreleased songs?

One disc for the album and the other disc for the bonus tracks.

The 3 unreleased tracks will ensure I buy it again.

So those 3 are the ones we’ve already heard I assume. Still great to have them on an official release.

Yay!

I can’t wait to buy this album and not play it.

Mint in box & sealed is all that counts.

Quite close with my contents guess then.
Not sure anyone has actually had any confirmation or information on accessing the album via VIP tickets yet. Made more misleading as Sam's 'leaked' hint at the press release 6 days ago linked the offer to both the other gigs too.
No surprise he pulled the info really.
Even with PR help, this remains a confusing announcement (compared to other press releases about product releases).
Is the album vinyl only and only 200 per 'region' - if so, great for collectors and ebay scum and crap for anyone else.
Or... More hopefully, a vinyl exclusive version with other formats being available minus the goodies.
The piss-poor marketing info strikes again - perhaps they could take more time over it instead of trying to hunt me down on Instagram to shout at me for sharing the info early (by me, I mean some random person called FWD on IG). Sigh.
Assuming it's only a very limited vinyl release, people will fight over it. It won't be easily accessible and selling a kidney to buy it will be the only option if that is the case.
The indie record shops tend to go off press releases - if this is what is circulating as 'details', it may be a while until more is known.
Normally a bit more enthusiastic, but it's easier to be so when presented with clearer facts. 3 unreleased songs could well be Dreamers Eyes, By The Time... & single version of My Love or Clearmountain ATYPMFIL - which isn't really that deluxe. Judy, Hank, Rose Garden & You'll Be Gone leaves a 5th live track - guesses? That said, as suggested, it could be live takes in the studio of those songs (but calling them live is just plain odd when they delineate them from 'unreleased').
I will stop moaning now.
Regards,
FWD.

Edit: what exactly is a 'billboard' cover of Chain Gang!?

Last edited:
Ah forgot about the all the young people mix. That would make sense

So those 3 are the ones we’ve already heard I assume. Still great to have them on an official release.
not really thew I think it might even be three we haven't heard yet,hope so.they could have a lot of stuff they have recorded over the last couple of years ,could it be ones like diana dors and the others that were mentioned a while ago.

I CAN CONFIRM THAT DKCWD DH HATERS will HAVE NO ACCESS TO THIS SPLENDID STUPENDOUS
2 VINYL LIMITED ITEM!!!!
:expressionless:

IF YOU CONTINUE TO ORDER AND GET REJECTED AND REFUSE TO QUIT REFRESHING THE PAGE YOU ARE WASTING YOUR TIME, NO IMPORTANT COLLECTABLE ITEM FOR YOU HATERS :dizzy:

Do you know what a double album is?
Yeah, smart-ass. It's a double LP, which - with 20 tracks rammed on it - will sound like absolute f***ing GARBAGE. Perfectly suited to the crap that's on it and the people who will buy it.

Reissue, repackage. Extra track and a tacky badge.

What complete, hypocrotical f***ing LOSER he's become. Carry on then...

Not sure anyone has actually had any confirmation or information on accessing the album via VIP tickets yet. Made more misleading as Sam's 'leaked' hint at the press release 6 days ago linked the offer to both the other gigs too.
Even with PR help, this remains a confusing announcement (compared to other press releases about product releases).
Is the album vinyl only and only 200 per 'region' - if so, great for collectors and ebay scum and crap for anyone else.
Or... More hopefully, a vinyl exclusive version with other formats being available minus the goodies.
The piss-poor marketing info strikes again - perhaps they could take more time over it instead of trying to hunt me down on Instagram to shout at me for sharing the info early (by me, I mean some random person called FWD on IG). Sigh.
Assuming it's only a very limited vinyl release, people will fight over it. It won't be easily accessible and selling a kidney to buy it will be the only option if that is the case.
The indie record shops tend to go off press releases - if this is what is circulating as 'details', it may be a while until more is known.
Normally a bit more enthusiastic, but it's easier to be so when presented with clearer facts. 3 unreleased songs could well be Dreamers Eyes, By The Time... & single version of My Love or Clearmountain ATYPMFIL - which isn't really that deluxe. Judy, Hank, Rose Garden & You'll Be Gone leaves a 5th live track - guesses? That said, as suggested, it could be live takes in the studio of those songs (but calling them live is just plain odd when they delineate them from 'unreleased').
I will stop moaning now.
Regards,
FWD.

Billboard was the source of the "touching" quote.

what exactly is a 'billboard' cover of Chain Gang!?[/QUOTE]

Its saying that Billboard magazine called his cover 'touching'

But the regular album was already spread across two discs. Just under 54 minutes is quite a lot to cram into one vinyl.
Was it?

I will stop moaning now.
Regards,
FWD.

Billboard is where the quote ‘touching’ is taken from

Tags
low in high school deluxe low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom