Low in high school leak (go to page 9 or 10)

First 5 songs are really strong, especially My Love and Home.

It all gets a bit Churchillian legs-clumsy at times after track 5, but it may yet grow on me.

Are you a 13 years old child ? The only skinny thing here is your brain maybe
Uncle Skins is so angry, it really makes me chuckle reading his diatribes. He acts like an abused wife in a loveless marriage, that remains attached out of some hankering nostalgic ache.

I get goosebumps imaging his crinklecut forehead furrowing into different planetary star alignments as Morrissey's incendiary music jives and caterwauls through his bedsit.

Uncle Skins is so angry, it really makes me chuckle reading his diatribes. He acts like an abused wife in a loveless marriage, that remains attached out of some hankering nostalgic ache.

I get goosebumps imaging his crinklecut forehead furrowing into different planetary star alignments as Morrissey's incendiary music jives and caterwauls through his bedsit.

It seems to be his only way to be interesting here, sad

I get goosebumps imaging his crinklecut forehead furrowing into different planetary star alignments as Morrissey's incendiary music jives and caterwauls though his bedsit.

Pretty sure its been covered, but so many here seem to have some sort of personal grudge against Morrissey. I would not be surprised at all if its not just word coming down from Mount David to be like this considering their past. The thing is, Morrissey should not be above criticism, he should cop it fairly. But when all you do is criticise every single thing all the time then it sort of loses its effect. Your words lose any gravitas and you just sound like the rambling guy on a street corner yelling incoherently about something and become part of the furniture - as opposed to someone with legit criticism who can be balanced where your views might actually carry some weight. The good news is you can put people like that on ignore and it makes the board much better. The bad news is, for that very same reason, they refuse to turn anonymous posting off because then you can't pick and choose who to ignore. Its either all anonymous, or no anonymous, and they want their anti-Morrissey message spread. Which is just f***ing bizarre when it comes from people in charge of the site. Like, move on and do more positive things.

Speaking of which, spent entirely too much time on that and not the music!

01 My Love, I’d Do Anything for You - 8,5/10
02 I Wish You Lonely - 8/10
03 Jacky’s Only Happy When She’s Up on the Stage - 8/10
04 Home Is a Question Mark - 9/10
05 Spent the Day in Bed - 8/10
06 I Bury the Living - 7/10
07 In Your Lap - 6,5/10
08 The Girl from Tel-Aviv Who Wouldn’t Kneel - 7/10
09 All the Young People Must Fall in Love - 7/10
10 When You Open Up Your Legs - 8/10
11 Who Will Protect Us From the Police? - 7/10
12 Israel - 7/10

01 My Love, I’d Do Anything for You - 8/10 (didn't like the screaming at the end)
02 I Wish You Lonely - 5/10 (Meh)
03 Jacky’s Only Happy When She’s Up on the Stage - 9/10
04 Home Is a Question Mark - 9/10 (MOZ style)
05 Spent the Day in Bed - 9/10
06 I Bury the Living - 7/10
07 In Your Lap - 9/10 (It feels like "last night i dream" will start at any moment)
08 The Girl from Tel-Aviv Who Wouldn’t Kneel - 8/10
09 All the Young People Must Fall in Love - 6/10
10 When You Open Up Your Legs - 7/10
11 Who Will Protect Us From the Police? - 8/10
12 Israel - 9/10

overall it is a great album, i was affraid that i wouldn't like it at all.

i will say 8.5/10

i will be proud of putting my new LP with the others on the shelf.

A chacun son gout. It's full of mono-speed clunkers, with ill-thought out cod-political doggerel. It's awful.

On the plus side, his voice sounds good, but that's it. Its dreadful.

P.S. vote it down all you like, I'll keep reposting my views, and you're gonna have to keep doing it. How DARE anyone have a differing view.

Can you elaborate on certain songs maybe, Uncle?
It seems like you haven’t heard the damned thing...
And Yes, posting the same very weak post 3 times in an hour is really low, even by your standards.

If I want to act, as 'a kid', as you say, then I bloody well will do, and there's nothing you or anyone else can do about it.

And I will scream,swear and stomp my little feet.
I will not listen to others , I know best.

Jeez!

A chacun son gout. It's full of mono-speed clunkers, with ill-thought out cod-political doggerel. It's awful.

P.S. vote it down all you like, I'll keep reposting my views, and you're gonna have to keep doing it. How DARE anyone have a differing view.

Can we have that a fourth time,si vous plait ?

Very first impressions (so liable to change on a few more listens, of course!)

The standouts for me are My Love, I'd Do Anything For You, Home Is A Question Mark, and Israel. They sound great. I already liked I Wish You Lonely, not so much the other two singles. I Bury the Living sounds nuts. Need to revisit that a few times to make my mind up about that one...I liked the 'the war goes on without our John' bit though.

All the Young People Must Fall in Love sounds terrible. What have they done to it? I really like it live. Sounds like they couldn't be arsed recording that one. I general, I feel the production has really let this album down. It all sounds a bit 'dead' and soulless to me. But it's not helped by quite an abundance of skippable songs either. Unless it's a grower, I think this has become my least favourite Moz album. I'm hoping my opinion changes on a few more listens.

His voice sounds better than ever, though.

Would this not be a good time to get a job moderating a site for a musician you still enjoy?

Listening to Who Will Protect Us From the Police? now :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Just listened to Israel. I felt like I was waiting for a big chorus or something? If you know what I mean?

Home is a question mark - just as lovely as when performed live :)

Back
Top Bottom