Low in high school leak (go to page 9 or 10)

It's all I could think of too when he says it :D

I've had the pleasure of listening to the album quite a few times, and my previous scores have probably changed, but apart from HIAQM, I.. uh, I honestly think Who will protect us from the police is the stand out song on LIHS, I keep listening to it, which is more than can be said for when WPINOYB came out. It really sounds like a Bowie song in a strange way, but I can't place it.

I have also been utterly hooked on this one. That synthesiser tone is monstrous, filthy and dank... all employed here as synonyms for 'f***ing brilliant' ^_^

I think Morrissey bit off more drama than he could chew on this one. I'm more a fan of Moz than DM. I'm fairly casual with them. Dave Gahan can take a laughably overdramatic statement and somehow make it work. When you examine his lyrics, they are often shit. But he pulls them off!
I am comparing this to DM. The squelchy synths and progression of it is very much in their vein. The heavy Dracula voice verses followed by the light airy choruses, a'la Blasphemous Rumours. It sounds like M doing a cover of a song I haven't heard by a band I have.

And I'm standing by it. Dave, if you're listening- it's not too late to steal it and cover it in concert. I kinda want to hear that version.

There are some fantastically dreadful DM lyrics. One of my favourite bands of all time, but Jesus... so on the nose, I'm often haemorrhaging fountainously from the face afterward... "Death is everywhere... there are flies on the windscreen, for a start" :lbf:

There are some fantastically dreadful DM lyrics. One of my favourite bands of all time, but Jesus... so on the nose, I'm often haemorrhaging fountainously from the face afterward... "Death is everywhere... there are flies on the windscreen, for a start" :lbf:
They're one of the few serious bands I can think of that consistently have goofy lyrics but somehow transcend them. Now I think I'm going to put on Speak and Spell to go along with my morning coffee.

"I take... Pictures... (What kind of pictures, Dave?) photographic pictures..."

It's all I could think of too when he says it :D

I've had the pleasure of listening to the album quite a few times, and my previous scores have probably changed, but apart from HIAQM, I.. uh, I honestly think Who will protect us from the police is the stand out song on LIHS, I keep listening to it, which is more than can be said for when WPINOYB came out. It really sounds like a Bowie song in a strange way, but I can't place it.
I can't stand the transition to "Maybe God will." It saps the momentum for me, and just sounds tacked on, lightweight, and jarring in the wrong way. I might feel different if it stayed electronic the whole way through.

Back
Top Bottom