Low in high school leak (go to page 9 or 10)

A chacun son gout. It's full of mono-speed clunkers, with ill-thought out cod-political doggerel. It's awful.

On the plus side, his voice sounds good, but that's it. Its dreadful.

P.S. vote it down all you like, I'll keep reposting my views, and you're gonna have to keep doing it. How DARE anyone have a differing view.

Last edited:
I've listened to it all a couple of times now, it's much better than I was expecting - Musically it is fantastic - and despite what people on here have said (perhaps I'm deaf) it sounds really well produced, everything is crisp. I am really disappointed with All The Young People... because the live version is so much better (and different). Home is a question mark and the the girl from tel aviv really do stand out as great tracks.

My Love.. reminds me of You're Gonna Need Somebody.. as an opener, it was a really good choice and really powerful.

I've listened to it all a couple of times now, it's much better than I was expecting - Musically it is fantastic - and despite what people on here have said (perhaps I'm deaf) it sounds really well produced, everything is crisp. I am really disappointed with All The Young People... because the live version is so much better (and different). Home is a question mark and the the girl from tel aviv really do stand out as great tracks.

My Love.. reminds me of You're Gonna Need Somebody.. as an opener, it was a really good choice and really powerful.

The bass has just been knocked right out of All the Young People... and the improvised piano flourishes just aren't as practiced, which is a shame. The same effect is sort of felt on When You Open Your Legs - I feel like the looser live playing really benefits it. You can see spots in the mix; silence peaks through... :p

I don't really like In Your Lap. All the young poeple sounds less powerful than in live, ok, but it still nice. Piano should be more present in the song , it seems to be lost in the background

What would you guys give each track out of ten? (First impressions)

01 My Love, I’d Do Anything for You - 7/10
02 I Wish You Lonely - 7/10
03 Jacky’s Only Happy When She’s Up on the Stage - 9/10
04 Home Is a Question Mark - 9/10
05 Spent the Day in Bed - 5/10 (I hate this song, sorry)
06 I Bury the Living - 7/10
07 In Your Lap - 8/10
08 The Girl from Tel-Aviv Who Wouldn’t Kneel - 6.5/10 (it was too long for me)
09 All the Young People Must Fall in Love - 6/10 (neutered production)
10 When You Open Up Your Legs - 7/10 (also neutered)
11 Who Will Protect Us From the Police? - 8/10 (ELECTRO!!??!?!? f*** YEAH)
12 Israel - not there yet :3

My thoughts exactly. Just a personal opinion obviously, but I loathed World Peace... this is fab. Shame about All the Young People... though. Live version had so much gusto!

I actually like the studio version of ATYP, especially the vocal. He sounds really damn good on this album.

What would you guys give each track out of ten? (First impressions)

My Love - 3/5 - Great intro track
I wish You Lonely - 4/5
Jacky's Only Happy - 4/5
Home Is A Question Mark - 5/5 - Best song on the album
Spent The Day In Bed 2/5
I bury The Living 3/5 I think it'll grow, strangely clunky lyrics though
In Your Lap - 2/5 - Not a fan
The Girl From.. 4/5 Great song.
All The Young People... 2/5 :straightface:
When You Open Your Legs - 3/5
Who Will Protect us.. - 4/5 I really like it, I understand what the reviews were on about, but it's got a good tune.
Israel - Not sure about this at all, It's alright but like ATYPMFIL, I'm probably not going to listen to it again.

My Love - 3/5 - Great intro track
I wish You Lonely - 4/5
Jacky's Only Happy - 4/5
Home Is A Question Mark - 5/5 - Best song on the album
Spent The Day In Bed 2/5
I bury The Living 3/5 I think it'll grow, strangely clunky lyrics though
In Your Lap - 2/5 - Not a fan
The Girl From.. 4/5 Great song.
All The Young People... 2/5 :straightface:
When You Open Your Legs - 3/5
Who Will Protect us.. - 4/5 I really like it, I understand what the reviews were on about, but it's got a good tune.
Israel - Not sure about this at all, It's alright but like ATYPMFIL, I'm probably not going to listen to it again.

Ah man! Give Israel a chance!

I see Skinny is playing a really mature game, by which any derisive opinion of his unbending meanness is met with an arbitrary 'troll' rating as riposte. Wonderful. How dearly I have missed the playground politics of my extremest formative years... :laughing:

This is probably the most eccentric that I've heard him. Definitely one of the more entertaining LP's he's brought out in his solo career. In terms of initial impressions.
MLIDAFY: 8
IWYL: 7
JOHWSUOTS: 8
HIAQM: 9
STDIB: 7
IBTL: 6
IYL: 6
TGFTWWK: 4
ATYPWMFIL: 6
WYOYL: 6
WWPUFTP: 7
I: 7

As predicted HIAQM the standout tune from this one. TGFTWWK immediately turned me off as the style is just background music at best.
I like the aggressiveness of the LP as a whole and I'd give it a nice 7 out of 10 at the moment.

A sendspace link for those struggling with zippy:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/hs8jel

Thank you to whomever pulled their finger out and shared eventually.
I can now not unseal my variants and the god of collecting is satisfied.
Regards,
FWD.

The voice is indeed excellent, but the lyrics are so-so and I'm afraid that the overblown Latin-y arrangements, tricksy metres and silly intros and outros (esp. the mellotron-and-crickets on 'I Bury the Living') just don't do it for me. Perhaps it's a grower.

A chacun son gout. It's full of mono-speed clunkers, with ill-thought out cod-political doggerel. It's awful.

On the plus side, his voice sounds good, but that's it. Its dreadful.

P.S. vote it down all you like, I'll keep reposting my views, and you're gonna have to keep doing it. How DARE anyone have a differing view.

Mood
20171115_035058.png

Back
Top Bottom