"Low In High School" reviews (NME, Spex, RUSHONROCK, theMusic.com.au, Quietus)

"Low In High School" review by Jordan Bassett (2 of 5 stars) - NME. Link posted by Ugly Devil (original post).
"Low In High School" review by Dennis Phol - Spex (German). Link posted by Sven68 (original post).

Morrissey makes fabulously eccentric return with Low In High School by Adam Keys (9/10) - RUSHONROCK. Link posted by Orson Swells (original post).

"Low In High School" review by Mac McNaughton (4 of 5 stars) - theMusic.com.au. Link posted by crawleyrocket (original post).

"Low In High School" review by Mr Agreeable - The Quietus. Link posted by Bluebirds (original post).

Related item:

Last edited:
Granted I haven’t heard the song but I took the head in your lap line to be conjuring images of children and mothers

This is one polarizing album, that' for sure. Cannot wait to wrap my ears around this.

The NME, what can I say?

Thought the nme did marks out of 10. Oh well since becoming a free rag tramp blanket fodder they must have decided to jazz things up a bit.

The "head on your lap" quote is out of context. It's more the evocation of a person looking for a rest on a friendly person (mother/lover). I hope its just a kind of parody review, otherwise, this person didn't understand a thing about this record. Jackie is about England not about a singer, you dumbass. It's a good record, maybe disturbing, it's not a record you can listen to while doing something else. Sometimes it itches, it may be noisy or rude and suddenly soft. A very good one - except the israel song that reminds me of the "sorrows will come...", it's a boring closer. Too bad, because the track order is perfect.

The NME is embarrassingly bad now. What once was a respected music weekly has become a website nightmare of millennial nonsense and sleaze. There is literally no sense of order or logical content. It's as if it has been turned over to a class of 10 year olds to run.

The NME is embarrassingly bad now. What once was a respected music weekly has become a website nightmare of millennial nonsense and sleaze. There is literally no sense of order or logical content. It's as if it has been turned over to a class of 10 year olds to run.
You're too generous,it's not that good.

NME hatchet job. But nobody cares so that's ok. The only sickening thing is they get the album for free. God I hope that shit review was completely off the mark.

NME hatchet job. But nobody cares so that's ok. The only sickening thing is they get the album for free. God I hope that shit review was completely off the mark.

It seems like this is an album that will be somewhat polarizing. I'd say a good indicator is if you really like what's been released so far then what is to come will hit the mark and if you've been feeling somewhat ho-hum about the new tracks you've already heard the rest of the album won't improve that outlook.

the nme loved world peace and gave it a high mark.everybody and their granny has heard this now apart from the people who hang around here,somebody give us a quick listen.

the nme loved world peace and gave it a high mark.everybody and their granny has heard this now apart from the people who hang around here,somebody give us a quick listen.

I'm pretty certain NME gave Years of Refusal 8/10 and World Peace 9/10.
Their new scoring system would translate as a 4/10 for the new album.

yes think your right about 9/10 for world peace,,most people on here were surprised that they gave it such a high score.

for me its a ridiculous score,if he doesn't agree with the political side of it then say so.he gives it four out of ten and a few reviews down gives it nine out of ten.is it that polarising that half will love it and half will hate it.

yes think your right about 9/10 for world peace,,most people on here were surprised that they gave it such a high score.

I just did a quick look and here's how they ranked all his albums.

Viva Hate 8/10
Bona Drag 8/10
Kill Uncle 8/10
Your Arsenal 7/10
Vauxhall and I 8/10
Southpaw (couldn't find it) probably a 5
Malajusted 6/10
Quarry 8/10
Ringleader 8/10
Years 8/10
World Peace 9/10
Low 4/10

These scores are either too high or too low. Very inconsistent.

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom