Lucky Lisp

Franissey

Senior Citizen Discount
[youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7JVMtK4aRQY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7JVMtK4aRQY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

:thumb:

This is one of my favourite Morrissey songs, so I listened with some trepidation. But it was perfectly judged. Really lovely. :clap:

One of my top 10 Morrissey/Smiths songs of all time, always nice to hear it covered well like it has been here, well done!

Hmmmm...in the b** of course....

Sorry Fannyssey, I am sure if I watched it I would adore it, but I just cannot stand cover versions. Saying that, I did like the Killers doing ''why don't you find out for yourself''......Brandon sounded quite melancholy which I liked. A bit

Sorry Fannyssey, I am sure if I watched it I would adore it, but I just cannot stand cover versions. Saying that, I did like the Killers doing ''why don't you find out for yourself''......Brandon sounded quite melancholy which I liked. A bit

I similarly dislike most cover versions, but I am yet to watch the one featured in this thread, so I shan't pass comment on it. However, the National do a great version of Springsteen's 'Mansion on the Hill', if you're into him.

I similarly dislike most cover versions, but I am yet to watch the one featured in this thread, so I shan't pass comment on it. However, the National do a great version of Springsteen's 'Mansion on the Hill', if you're into him.

Are you having a laugh? Or am I getting the wrong end of the twig?

Bullshit, you guys watched it.

Fran, gorgeous version of a song I'd kill to be able to sing like that. You did it justice. I'd love to hear it a cappella. :)

This is in my top 5 Moz songs, close to #1 and I enjoyed every minute of it. Fran you are the best and keep getting better. :thumb:

Are you having a laugh? Or am I getting the wrong end of the twig?

My point was simply that I agree that cover versions are poor, but there is at least one out there (albeit not involving Morrissey) that I do very much like. What did you misunderstand?

My point was simply that I agree that cover versions are poor, but there is at least one out there (albeit not involving Morrissey) that I do very much like. What did you misunderstand?

I was being silly, and also any mention of Springsteen I let go way over my head, no I am not a fan

I was being silly, and also any mention of Springsteen I let go way over my head, no I am not a fan

On second reading I now notice the obviousness of your silliness! The internet isn't the best method for tongue-in-cheek communication eh? Also Springsteen is better than some people give him credit for, it's not all brash 'Born in the USA' style stuff, a lot is quiet acoustic stuff, like his tune I mentioned 'Mansion on the Hill', from the brilliant 'Nebraska'.

Anyway hate to hijack the thread, I should really start a Springsteen appreciation thread (although I think we've had many before) in Other Music coz he's quality.

Back
Top Bottom