Lyrics to Smiler With Knife

"sex and love is not the same"
i heard at the first time "sex in glove"

Oh oh, what have i done? I feel really bad. People coming up with even more rumours after the surgeon interpretation. I will kill myself here and now.

I must be jinxed.

Stop! Stand still!
Heed my will!
I've enough
of the stuff!
I've forgotten - woe is me!
what the magic word may be

from the spirits that I called
Sir, deliver me!

dont be. its still really good and people will do what they will as they please here most of the time. better to be an example of insight than to bow out

oboe concerto. might have something to do with tuning and circles. go. last part is just a joke

circles and holes and death. brings to mind reel around the fountain wink wink

I just arrived here and am not comfortable yet with sharing stuff with you LOT, but here's a first hint:

Smiler is someone very insignificant to Morrissey, who once stole a moment of attention ("It's your big night").

I just arrived here and am not comfortable yet with sharing stuff with you LOT, but here's a first hint:

Smiler is someone very insignificant to Morrissey, who once stole a moment of attention ("It's your big night").

I really like your interpretation - it sounds similar to the meaning held by "You've Had Her", but now Morrissey is the one being 'had'.
This could make the line "Press the blade against my skin/ never to make love again/ Smiler with knife/ It's alright" be a sarcastic one, in the same way that
people say things are OK when obviously they are not - the narrator is frustrated that he's been used and will 'never make love again' to Smiler.

I really like your interpretation - it sounds similar to the meaning held by "You've Had Her", but now Morrissey is the one being 'had'.
This could make the line "Press the blade against my skin/ never to make love again/ Smiler with knife/ It's alright" be a sarcastic one, in the same way that
people say things are OK when obviously they are not - the narrator is frustrated that he's been used and will 'never make love again' to Smiler.

I see no sarcasm, he does his best to comfort Smiler ("It's alright", "Don't worry so", "You'll be ok"). He's been hurt but forgives.

I see it as one of those very personal songs (such as SEASICK,YET STILL DOCKED) that explore Morrissey's neuroses....namely, loneliness and the inescapable lure of solitude. Obviously, sex is a physical form of intimacy and love is a term we use to describe an intensity of emotion that binds people together. Morrissey's lyrics consistently tell us that real love is something unobtainable....at least in the long term.

It's all about me...Just a simple thank you.

Does it matter that Smiler has lied about his age?

Back
Top Bottom