M&Ms candy & The The..

Yeah, it drives me up the freaking wall. I like that song. When I first saw it on US tv sometime earlier in 07 I posted here about it- apparently it was used in Britain a few years ago. If I remember correctly.

But hey, I guess you gotta pay the mortgage, maybe the kids are hitting college age... wifey wants a new house. There are lots of reasons why someone would license a song for a commercial.

Do you like The The? Did you see my post looking for Jealous of Youth?

I also heard the song in a Dockers commercial not too long ago.

Yeah, it drives me up the freaking wall. I like that song. When I first saw it on US tv sometime earlier in 07 I posted here about it- apparently it was used in Britain a few years ago. If I remember correctly.

But hey, I guess you gotta pay the mortgage, maybe the kids are hitting college age... wifey wants a new house. There are lots of reasons why someone would license a song for a commercial.

Do you like The The? Did you see my post looking for Jealous of Youth?

PT: Yes, M. Johnson is very underated. TT should have been much bigger. I don't know what happened to my, 'Naked Self' cd. the 1st 4 songs on that album were just mindblowing. Good luck in finding JOY. Some1 must have it. Cheers :)

I LOVED Mind Bomb... played it in constant loop for a while when it came out. And I only recently realized Johnny Marr worked on that album... I was oblivious to such things then, I only listened to the words and the music.

I did find the song, just got a PM from someone.

Cheers to you, too.

M&M, Matt&Marr? :D

Yes, I've seen the commercial. I cringed... it's kind of like 'selling your soul' (tho I can't say I wouldn't ever do it as a musician for some pocket change =o) but it moreso 'cheapens the song' to me. Takes away a bit of its magic. Whatev, it's still a fantastic song. 'This is the Day' was my first 'all dance' at my wedding reception :)

My twin bro is a HUGE TT fan and the reason I got into them during their Soul Mining days. We saw them open up for New Order in '93 :cool:!! (he was freaking out & oscillating wildly =o) He went with my DH (I had just given birth :( n srsly couldn't go) to see them at Metro in 2000 and was beside himself...I missed a great show... my bro has a huge tattoo of the Dusk cover on his arm (sadly, many do not know what the hell it is :rolleyes:).

I'd have to say Dusk is a 'desert island' CD of mine. Marr kicks it. And I love his harmonica work on Slow Emotion Replay. Marr being with The The is another big reason I'd never be anti-Marr (the first of course cuz of um, that other little band he was in =o) My bro is one of the few people to understand and appreciate my Moz obsession (and I, his Matt Johnson) -so we don't ever get into Marr this and Morrissey that. Thankfully!

hey fortbethel, thanks for not calling Moz a she/her in this post. It's a kinder, gentler fortybeth :rolleyes: --even Pregs is talking to ya (lol)-- cool... we have something in common... The The

p.s. my favorites are the green M&M's :horny: :D

I long ago made peace with hearing songs I like in TV commercials (or as theme songs--The Craft, anyone?), just by reminding myself that everyone--everyone--has a price. Everybody's a whore, up to and including my personal pantheon such as Pete Townshend and Robert Smith. Once I accepted that, I no longer get upset at hearing The The, The Cure, or whomever else, in a marketing context.

One small step toward a quieter mind. . .

--jeniphir

M&M, Matt&Marr? :D

Yes, I've seen the commercial. I cringed... it's kind of like 'selling your soul' (tho I can't say I wouldn't ever do it as a musician for some pocket change =o) but it moreso 'cheapens the song' to me. Takes away a bit of its magic. Whatev, it's still a fantastic song. 'This is the Day' was my first 'all dance' at my wedding reception :)

My twin bro is a HUGE TT fan and the reason I got into them during their Soul Mining days. We saw them open up for New Order in '93 :cool:!! (he was freaking out & oscillating wildly =o) He went with my DH (I had just given birth :( n srsly couldn't go) to see them at Metro in 2000 and was beside himself...I missed a great show... my bro has a huge tattoo of the Dusk cover on his arm (sadly, many do not know what the hell it is :rolleyes:).

I'd have to say Dusk is a 'desert island' CD of mine. Marr kicks it. And I love his harmonica work on Slow Emotion Replay. Marr being with The The is another big reason I'd never be anti-Marr (the first of course cuz of um, that other little band he was in =o) My bro is one of the few people to understand and appreciate my Moz obsession (and I, his Matt Johnson) -so we don't ever get into Marr this and Morrissey that. Thankfully!

hey fortbethel, thanks for not calling Moz a she/her in this post. It's a kinder, gentler fortybeth :rolleyes: --even Pregs is talking to ya (lol)-- cool... we have something in common... The The

p.s. my favorites are the green M&M's :horny: :D

Thanks 4 warm reception but I'm still very angry with our bitch 4 not giving us an official song list 4 the GH album. & Iran! Oh dear! *shrug*

Thanks 4 the 2nd chance Preg but I can assure u you'll b cursing my name if & when the bitch goes 2 Iran. I swear she just wants 2 get bitch slapped like Sally Field in, 'Not Without My Daughter' ;)

You are so funny... not. Why the love hate thing? Was it ever pure love? Could it ever be again?

You are so funny... not. Why the love hate thing? Was it ever pure love? Could it ever be again?

Preg: I just like 2 stir it up. it's fun 2 watch u all get all huffed up. I do really love Morrissey even though I thought parts of Ringleader were awful & if this songlist floating round about this GH album is true you'll b bitching too. U have 2 admit it's an AWFUl song selection.

I don't care that much about the tracklist... I preordered it to get the two new tracks, but I doubt I will actually listen to it much once I rip those songs. I will probably keep it in one of the cars. It doesn't bother me, I think it was a business decision rather than an instance where he has let the fans down.

Now the new album... better be good. Those titles are intriguing, to say the least, if those are in fact accurate. Better be good, that's all. Or I'll get mad and stomp my tiny foot and go listen to Vauxhall four times in a row. So there.

Back
Top Bottom