Macerata Opera Festival (Sep. 6) officially cancelled

Ufficiale: Morrissey rinuncia al tour, annullato concerto allo Sferisterio - Cronache Maceratesi
MACERATA - La comunicazione arrivata dalla produzione italiana Leg Live Emotion Group: "La decisione presa dallo stesso artista dopo quanto accaduto a Roma"

Google Translate to English:

...The news had not been confirmed until the official production of Liv Live Emotion Group came from official announcement that the Morrissey concert, scheduled for the Sferisterio Live Macerata music show for September 6th , Was annulled by the artist himself. "Unfortunately" reads the note sent by Leg, "we have had definite confirmation that the artist will not have any concerts in Italy after what happened in Rome. We expected to send the official announcement because the Italian production tried until the last moment to find a mediation in order to confirm the Italian dates but this morning we had definitive confirmation that for the moment the dates will not take place."

The programming of Sferisterio Live Macerata, however, promises great music nights in the macerate arena that can satisfy the needs of a diverse audience. The first event is with the extraordinary event of the concert by Thom Yorke and Johnny Greenwood of Radioheads on August 20th, a concert by two internationally renowned artists to promote extraordinary fundraising aimed at a cultural project for works affected by the earthquake Has already sold out.

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with the cancel, it wouldn't be safe for him or the audience. It sounds like Italian police hold a grudge and the law is corrupt. They probably would let any terrorist in just to spite. Sad!

I agree with the cancel, it wouldn't be safe for him or the audience. It sounds like Italian police hold a grudge and the law is corrupt. They probably would let any terrorist in just to spite. Sad!

IvSPE0S.jpg

f*** me, there are some nutters on here!

Remember that time he said there would be no future dates in the UK? This, too, shall pass.

if anyones looking for a bargain theres six tshirts on mporium for ten quid each,three male three female.

So that means that the " Italian tour " was going to have the premiere of the new album? Or the album is not done yet , I'm so confused now are they still at the studio or not :confused:

f*** me, there are some nutters on here!

They printed an out right lie about Sam driving, no corrrection from newspaper, pull a gun at a traffic stop, and threaten to sue someone THEY have wronged. Also, they are listed to be as corrupt as Mexico and Russia. What don't you understand?

They printed an out right lie about Sam driving, no corrrection from newspaper, pull a gun at a traffic stop, and threaten to sue someone THEY have wronged. Also, they are listed to be as corrupt as Mexico and Russia. What don't you understand?

HmucQcC.gif

The way I look at Moz concerts are: if it's in my country I'll go to it. If it's in another country I couldn't be bothered because (1) the travel/hotel cost is excessive, (2) if he cancels it's a disaster, and (3) I'm a total skin flint, oh and I almost forgot (4) I get so full of adrenaline and excitement at Moz concerts that I pretty much forget most of it the instant it has happened. (1) is easy for me because I live in a fairly small country, but it still involves taking a day off work, as I have done many times for Moz concerts down through the years. All great concerts by the way and time/money well spent.
I could never understand the fans who travel across the globe and empty their bank accounts to see Moz. To me they are in the same category as people who re-mortgage their houses just to go and see a football game halfway across the world. I prefer to spend my money on CDs, DVDs, books, and ale, in reverse order.

I understand that there is not a shred of evidence to support Morrisseys version of events. Apparently there we're 100 people who saw this, yet not one photo or quote from someone who witnessed the event has appeared anywhere in the entire universe.

yes the papers printed the lie, not the fault of the police, presumably mixed up with sam getting involved, the police never mentioned sam.

Last edited:

<sarcasm>Yes, there was serious danger of police raids and random crowd beatings.</sarcasm>

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom